peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 25, 10 12:47 AM
Happy Chrstmas to all Mods and fishies
This is a great game, with quite a bit of length to it. The puzzles are interesting and reasonably easy. (Not too easy). The only setting are for sound and volume, and fullscreen and custon cursor. I did not change anything. It runs extremely smoothly on my machine. I will leave saying anymore, as there are others who do really good reviews.

ETA I love the pocket dragon.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 11:48:28 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 25, 10 1:56 AM
Wow Shadowfax! You finished the game in less than 2 hours. Thats a bit short, I think I will pass.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Dec 25, 10 3:19 AM
This game crashed on me after playing it for about 15 minutes. It said something about an error access violation code (whatever that means) and then the game closed. It looks like a nice IHOG, but not my cup of tea (I tend to like games with darker/creepier themes, although since I only played 15 minutes, and didn't finish the demo, there is a chance that the story might get darker and I just didn't reach that point yet), which is why I didn't bother to trying to open it again or re-install it. I figured there was no use giving myself a headache over a game I probably won't buy. I did think the fairy is cute, and I liked that you had to find, and in some cases put together, inventory items and then find a use for them. This game does seem to have lots of interactive elements.There was only 1 hidden object scene in the time I played, but there were two different find multiple of the same object scenes, and those tend to get old for me if I have to do a lot of them in a row, and it seems like that could be the game with this game. Like I said, it does seem like a nicely designed game, so if you like IHOGs that have fairy tale-like stories, I'd recommend it to you.

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 25, 10 3:40 AM
I've been waiting for this game for months - I beta tested it ages ago, and what a perfect Christmas present to have it show up today! I'm downloading it now and I'll comment later if it veries from the beta version. I remember that when I reviewed it in the Sneak Peek thread I, too, wanted a pocket dragon!! It's only 6:30 am here, and the kids aren't up so I haven't opened my presents yet - none of the boxes have a whisp of smoke coming out of them, but I can still dream for a little while longer that my pocket dragon is waiting under the tree...

Merry Christmas, everyone! I won't have much time to play today, but I should get a bit of time in before I hear the thunder of teenagers on the stairs.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 25, 10 3:42 AM
45 minutes into the demo and it is so enchanting. And no annoying fairy's voice like some other games. Charming relaxing music fits so left it on.
I
I didn't find the objects hard to find with the rich coloring but used a hint on the last one to see how it worked, very well. I skipped the string puzzles after the first one that was easy. I enjoy those but need to take thoughtful time, not on a timed demo. Fast forward....

So far the many puzzles haven't scared me off, just hope I can remember where I'm supposed to go back and use the inventory, may have to take some notes for my fractured short term memory, seems logical so far.But where did I see that candle again? I kinda figured I won't find matches in this magic land. I'm not known to be any whiz at wandering adventures. Of course I'm playing easy and enjoying it. Seems like a good mix.

Don't mind if it is short or long, it's one for me to just read and page through as a beautifully illustrated fairytale book so I'll probably buy it. I'm a pushover for graphics. Left 15 min so I can remember where I am. May not need the WT, puzzles have Skip on easy or casual, whatever option. Feels like just the thing for my inner child's Christmas toy. Wasn't first on my wish list, but I've a free punch and it would complete my Dec card. See? I'm talking myself into hitting Buy Now and wait til January for the others since the best gift is a SURPRISE package, and I didn't expect this. May just take me til Jan 1 to finish it as I want to savor the artwork (and you gotta love a pocket dragon for company) And oh, rippling that pond, I could stay there and put my toes in.

Thanks Felix, hope you and everyone are having a Merry Christmas.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 25, 10 4:07 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

It seems by the walkthrough that this one is puzzle after puzzle after puzzle,so I believe this is a SKIP for me. I am waiting and hoping for another great adventure/strategy game like Wandering Willows 2.

Edited on 12/25/2010 at 4:08:57 AM PST

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 25, 10 4:08 AM
What a great game! I thoroughly enjoy everything about this. I won't waste your time repeating what peglegann, shadow,puzzledone or casualgran( or as I like to refer to them as, Murderers' row in honor of the 1927 Yankees batting line-up) had to say positive about this fairytale story.
It's lighthearted and colorful with cute characters like the pocket dragon and the squirrel in it's nest. Just gave me a warm peaceful feeling inside.........surely it's good for my blood pressure.
No grandpa's, monsters, haunted houses, vampires, etc., etc. and that's a good thing once in a while.
Try this one for sure, I hope it makes you feel as good as it does me!
I give it 5 X
Merry Christmas everyone!
Dr.good
p.s.thanks Irish.

Edited on 12/25/2010 at 4:19:53 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 25, 10 4:58 AM

HAPPY CHRISTMAS DAY EVERYONE

Thank you BFG for the of a good game today

There are good reviews above this post so all I will say is that I didn't have any difficulty seeing the objects, the music didn't annoy me (mind you it is on very low ) and, as a plus, you can play Tripeaks separately from the game . I have already bought it so I am a happy Cherb today .

Cherb

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 25, 10 5:02 AM
Guess Mudrock was right.

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Dec 25, 10 7:20 AM
Once again, as soon as Mira woke up, the game froze. So much for a Merry Christmas.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Dec 25, 10 7:20 AM
Just stopping by to wish everyone
MERRY CHRISTMAS

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Dec 25, 10 7:21 AM
Yes, this is a sweet game. It's nice for a change. I think it is simply lovely.
A definite buy for me.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Dec 25, 10 7:29 AM
Beta tested a long time ago. Had forgotten it until it appeared today. Have played the trial and debating the purchase. I love the pocket dragon, just wish there was one under my tree.

Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year to all.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 25, 10 7:42 AM
Thank you, Big Fish Games.

I love it. I bought it after just 10 min. into the demo. I don't know why but it sort of reminded me of the old King's Quest games. So naturally I fell in love with it. At first the partial screen bothered me... I wish it were full screen, but the game is just what I've been looking for... lots of neat puzzles, and bright colors.

Merry Christmas to all of you and of course, BFG.

Edited on 12/25/2010 at 7:58:42 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 25, 10 8:03 AM
Did anyone else notice the ripples when you touched the water? I love added things like that in a game, this is a definite buy for me.

Edited for fat fingered typing

Edited on 12/25/2010 at 8:05:19 AM PST

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Dec 25, 10 10:00 AM
I love this game and bought it before the hour demo was up.

It is not very often I have the music playing on games but love it on this one....

Merry Christmas everyone...x

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 25, 10 10:10 AM
snapnhiss wrote:Did anyone else notice the ripples when you touched the water? I love added things like that in a game, this is a definite buy for me.

Edited for fat fingered typing

I noticed the rippling, excellent touch. I also like the fact that when an area is clear, the magnifying glass cannot be used again there. A lot of simple but nice touches. Makes you feel like they have made an extra effort.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Dec 25, 10 11:30 AM
These Awakening games, this one and the previous one The Dreamless Castle are great games with beautiful scenery, lots of things to do and puzzles that arent too difficult. I absolutely loved the pocket dragon. My only tiff and it' s only one small one is some of the objects are very small.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Dec 25, 10 12:17 PM
Merry Christmas One and All

A very nice, well done game. Lots of puzzles and back and fros, but not difficult and I find it quite relaxing.

[Post New]by debo44 on Dec 25, 10 12:33 PM
Does anyone know if this game will play on Windows 7?

Go to: