bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Gourmania - Released on November 30, 2008

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 29, 08 11:00 PM
Slice and dice your way to the top of the gourmet food chain in this nutritious Hidden Object game! Climb the ladder of competitive cooking, from simple fast-food frying to skillful sushi slicing! Get your hands on bushels of helpful upgrades along the way to give yourself an epicurean edge over your opponents. Become the city`s most sought-after chef in Gourmania!

Re:Gourmania - Released on November 30, 2008

[Post New]by lizzygriff on Nov 30, 08 5:24 AM
Hi just puchased Gourmania but on some of the levels the items are not showing on the screen, when you click for a hint it shows where the item is but you can`t see it or there are only bits showing. Help , is it my computer or should i try downloading it again.

lifelines34
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by lifelines34 on Nov 30, 08 8:17 AM
Just downloaded this game myself. Finding the same problem with some items that don't seem to be there but I've noticed if I wait a while they seem to eventually appear

scarletrose
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by scarletrose on Nov 30, 08 8:37 AM
I can't even get mine to start. The speach bubbles show up but they are empty. tried reloading but no good. Bummed. It looks like fun.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Nov 30, 08 9:31 AM
There is an umbrella on one level, that is hard to find - if you use a hint it doesn't seem to show you anything, but in fact the umbrella is there, just at an awkward angle.

Otherwise as others have said, objects reappear - try to remember where in the level you flound them and just recheck those spots - a new object will appear.

I love this game, have completed it once already, but there's just one level that try as I might, I cannot get expert in! It's the first level in the sushi bar.

[Post New]by kaylintt118 on Nov 30, 08 10:27 PM
I love This game. Is It worth Purchasing.

chris_23
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by chris_23 on Nov 30, 08 11:49 PM

I also love this game and have finished it once. I am having the same trouble as you are, not able to get expert in the first level in the sushi bar.

I will keep trying.

Edited on 11/30/2008 at 11:54:10 PM PST

chris_23
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by chris_23 on Nov 30, 08 11:56 PM
kaylintt118 wrote:I love This game. Is It worth Purchasing.

Yes I think it is. I love TM games and some HO games and I feel this fits both type of games so I am happy.

sullyr33
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by sullyr33 on Dec 1, 08 12:51 AM
i might have enjoyed this more but i am having the problem of it seems to take awhile for it to load it between levels and item don't go wear they should as fast as i click so all in all is slow for me!!! don't think it's my computer as i can play big file games no worries so not sure what the problem is

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 3, 08 7:42 AM
If you like this game, you would probably like GoGo Gourmet (the first one, the second wasn't as good IMHO) I liked GoGo much better than this one because the "recipes" seemed to make more sense than "parsley mustard bun" although the upper levels get downright crazy!!

[Post New]by Tridolshe on Dec 3, 08 2:48 PM
Can someone who purchased the game tell me how many restaurants and/or levels there actually are? I'm thinking about buying...but want to make sure I have plenty of fun left, since I got pretty far in the 1 hour freebie download.

Thanks!

[Post New]by Alorilori on Dec 4, 08 7:04 PM
I'm glad I bought this game I enjoyed playing it> I actually finished the whole game which is a first for me. I'll probably wait a day or two and start playing it agfain.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Dec 5, 08 1:28 AM
Tridolshe wrote:Can someone who purchased the game tell me how many restaurants and/or levels there actually are? I'm thinking about buying...but want to make sure I have plenty of fun left, since I got pretty far in the 1 hour freebie download.

Thanks!

There are 7 restaurants, each with the same number of levels, and then there's the grand restaurant at the end, which is a competition. That only has 3 levels though, and is straightforward.

[Post New]by LBY1268 on Dec 7, 08 5:49 AM
I am having problems with items not showing up all the way and not seeing what the characters are saying. What do u suggest. I did buy this game now I'm not too sure it was a good choice since I'm having so many visual problems with things.

[Post New]by chasitie_07 on Dec 7, 08 6:36 PM
chris_23 wrote:
Fiobo wrote:
chris_23 wrote:

I also love this game and have finished it once. I am having the same trouble as you are, not able to get expert in the first level in the sushi bar.

I will keep trying.

You know, I think it's actually a game error. I noticed that the expert total in level 1 is $340, which is higher than the expert level on level 2!!

I don't think it's going to be possible to achieve expert in level 1.

You have a good point there.

To achieve expert level, you have to go in order of the items to cook. For example, if you have several menu items pop up and one menu item calls for white asparagus, chop sticks and a bowl, find all those items first before moving to the next menu item. That way you get bonus dollars which can get you to expert level.

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Dec 7, 08 7:51 PM
I have finished this game twice all on expert.....You really need to get 3 items either, mixining, slicing or blending all at once as you get bonus points for that...This was a fun game but a bit short....Also agree Go Go Gourmet is the best....

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Dec 13, 08 4:55 AM
chasitie_07 wrote:
chris_23 wrote:
Fiobo wrote:
chris_23 wrote:

I will keep trying.

You know, I think it's actually a game error. I noticed that the expert total in level 1 is $340, which is higher than the expert level on level 2!!

I don't think it's going to be possible to achieve expert in level 1.

You have a good point there.

To achieve expert level, you have to go in order of the items to cook. For example, if you have several menu items pop up and one menu item calls for white asparagus, chop sticks and a bowl, find all those items first before moving to the next menu item. That way you get bonus dollars which can get you to expert level.

Obviously I have been doing this, as I have managed to achieve expert in every single level bar this one

I will try again, but it strikes me as odd that the expert total in level one of Sushi would be higher than the next level.

chris_23
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by chris_23 on Dec 14, 08 5:33 AM
Fiobo I agree with you that it is odd that the expert level in level one be higher than the next level. I have been close a couple of times but still it is the only level that I have not got expert in.

Oh well I will keep trying and see what happens tomorrow when kids are at school and I can play in peace. Only four and a half days of school left so I need to do it soon.

Edited on 12/14/2008 at 5:34:34 AM PST

[Post New]by icedathena on Dec 16, 08 9:38 PM
I love this game, but the first level of the sushi bar is annoying me! The expert level goal is set way too high, it's at $340, when the next level is $290. Maybe a glitch?

jen505
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jen505 on Jan 9, 09 10:13 AM
I was having the same problem w/ the first level on the sushi restaurant. After reading the post here, I was able to get expert level. You have do the first 3 dishes at the same time, selecting all the ingredients in order on each one. Try to time them to end about the same time. Then click on the 3 money screens in a row to get the chain bonus. You have to do the first 3 in enough time to get 3 more. In the first set, try to concentrate on the dishes that have more steps first so you can end all 3 at about the same time. If you wait too long for a dish to finish then you risk not having enough time to get 3 more. Then do the next 3 dishes the same way.

This was ridiculously hard for a first level! But it can be done.

Go to: