MarjoryM
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Short Demo?

[Post New]by MarjoryM on Dec 25, 10 4:32 PM
I understand there are demo versions and full hour trials but only 22 minutes for this demo?? I talked to the groundskeeper and did several **** scenes but once I completed the circuit board near the door the demo was over. The timer said I still had 38 minutes left.
Did I miss something? I'm concerned about the length of the game if the demo was that short.

Short Demo?

[Post New]by cafeluv on Dec 26, 10 6:49 PM
MarjoryM wrote:I understand there are demo versions and full hour trials but only 22 minutes for this demo?? I talked to the groundskeeper and did several **** scenes but once I completed the circuit board near the door the demo was over. The timer said I still had 38 minutes left.
Did I miss something? I'm concerned about the length of the game if the demo was that short.

I was shut down at the same spot. I should still have 36 minutes left to play. What is an hour free trial if the game lasts only 24 minutes?

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:Short Demo?

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 27, 10 1:49 AM
Not all Demos are based on Time. Many are based on Chapters, and usually give you one or two Chapters of the Story as a Demo.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 27, 10 8:18 AM
I played for a whole hour and then left the game. The game continued way past completing the electric circuit.

However, when I exited the game, my computer went black, blue text appeared, and I was informed that something crashed my computer or something like that. Thank goodness, my computer rebooted itself and recovered from the mess which this game must have left behind. There was nothing else running at the time, and my computer had an almost fatal attack right after I closed down the game.

Maybe the fact that I was able to continue to play after the electric circuit game was the reason.

MarjoryM
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by MarjoryM on Dec 27, 10 8:48 AM
Very strange... I went back into the game and it let me continue playing?
It's not like the game stopped previously. There was a message on the screen saying that I had finished the Demo version.

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Dec 29, 10 10:27 PM
I got the "Thank you for playing the demo" message, thought "Huh?", but then the message went away by itself and the demo continued for the full hour. It looks like something (maybe from beta testing?) didn't get completely removed.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 29, 10 10:48 PM
Hi there,
If my memory serves me correctly, the trial for this game did in fact stop at a certain point and of course the time factor would depend on how quickly you played. I have also noticed that people who had the opportunity to beta test a game had varying result when actually downloading the "new" version. I usually delete anything that I had beta'd as I want to recieve the latest version on offer, so I have not experienced this myself.
Sometimes the file size is shown for the trial and the full version. If you take notice of this you will see that there is a large discrepancy between the two and the trial is only available until a certain point is reached, rather than time - as is the case with this game.
ETA Of course, if you were "hooked" like I was with the trial, the full version is definately worth the purchase!! Mind you, I was extremely miffed in the trial to discover that one of the awards was for precise clicking! I have since re-played this game and rectified this!!
Cheers

Edited on 12/29/2010 at 10:54:16 PM PST

[Post New]by cafeluv on Nov 25, 11 5:33 PM
If the point if to give us a short Demo then say so. Saying it is a 60 minute trial is a bit deceiving. It is irritating to think you are getting to play for an hour and only really getting a half hour. Let's have some honest advertising here.

[Post New]by cafeluv on Jul 5, 12 9:37 AM
I still say that the time should read 60 minutes or demo. For those of us who do not understand computer language i.e. "file size" the words demo and 60 minutes make more sense. Please let us know to avoid the let down.

Edited on 07/05/2012 at 9:37:59 AM PST

Go to: