Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Not Safe, Unknown Publisher

[Post New]by Safarri on Dec 25, 10 4:48 PM
My computer recommended I do not download because it's potentially unsafe and may damage the computer. This is the first time I've ever received this message from BFG. Looks like a good one but also looks like there are some technical problems. I'm sure we'll see it again after cleaned up. I'm up for other opinions also from those with more expertise.

april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Re:Not Safe, Unknown Publisher

[Post New]by april445 on Dec 25, 10 6:14 PM
Didn't get that message. Sometimes it has to do with your security settings. I've just finished the game and had no problems of any kind.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 25, 10 7:21 PM
Like April445 said, it's likely the security settings on your computer. If you have the first Awakening, it's the same developer. BFG guarantees all games on this site are virus free and spyware free.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 25, 10 8:08 PM
It's okay, I have bulelt proof software and never have problems, it's safe.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 25, 10 8:25 PM
I just ignore those if my DL is from BF. Lately MS has so many extra security settings they can drive me nuts. I think it may be because the game is going to "change something in my computer" meaning enter something in the registry. Unfortunately it's like the boy crying wolf, if ever by a longshot there was some malware who would know? I get them too when MS doesn't recognize their "logo". MS doesn't like my Belkin wireless remote thingy I installed, they want me to use MS. OK I changed to their Utility software and still get these stupid alerts and sometimes they just knock me offline til I restart.

But, that is one reason I only buy games here, never in near 5 years has BF messed with me, altho a few times AVG didn't like the word "Mahjong" LOL.

Hope you get the game to run, it's terrific and glitch free on my W7 laptop, d'l on my pc too xp but so far no problem.

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Dec 25, 10 8:27 PM
Hi there - I'm Chris Natsuume, and I am one of the developers of this game. The only two groups that have been involved with this title are Big Fish Games and Boomzap Entertainment (my company). Boomzap has shipped about 12 games through Big Fish (Awakening 1, Awakening 2, Antique Road Trip:USA, Frogs in Love, Zen Fashion, and many more) and I can assure you, we're a known developer, and do not ship unsafe software.

If you are getting this game from the Big Fish Games site, and not illegally through a torrent site or other pirated software site, I can 100% guarantee it is virus and malware-free. If you aren't downloading an illegal copy from somewhere else (which I am sure you are not, or you wouldn't be posting here ) then I am sure you are fine. You might want to check the security settings on your computer.

Safety from viruses and such is one of the many reasons to trust sites like BFG and not get games elsewhere!

Thank you so much for playing!

Edited on 12/25/2010 at 8:30:02 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 25, 10 8:30 PM
Just remembered too, when I wanted to UNINSTALL a game too I was getting those alerts and it was going to damage if I changed my computer argggggg. I had to stop and give permission every time I uninstalled even a demo. I changed security settings to medium from med high I think and that nonsense stopped. I use IEx7 on both xp and W7 and they set security on higher than necessary for my surfing.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Dec 26, 10 8:49 AM
Thanks all you astute gamers and developers. I'm convinced it's safe (kinda thought so anyway) and will install. Looking forward to playing, looks like an awesome game. Here I go into territories unknown, wish me luck.

package88
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by package88 on Dec 26, 10 12:42 PM
HEY CHRIS THANKS FOR POSTING ITS NICE TO KNOW U GUYS GET INVOLVED WITH THE FORUMS HAPPY HOLIDAYS

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Dec 26, 10 1:37 PM
Yes Chris, thanks from me too. I'm having the same problem since my last MS upgrade but I just ignore it as I've never had a problem with BF.
Hope you and everyone connected with BF had a wonderful Christmas and all have a safe and prosperous New Year

Go to: