textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Completed Game Review

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 26, 10 9:25 AM
Awakening: Moonfell Wood fullfils the expectations of a gorgeous sequel to The Dreamless Castle. The graphics are exquisite and the storyline highly imaginative and well developed. There are two modes of play, Normal and Casual, with Normal being the harder of the two, so far as wait time for hint recharge and journal updating. However, there is quite a bit of hand holding throughout the game which disappointed me tredmendously, as this was not the case in Dreamless Castle. You can opt out of using the custom cursor.

My other disappointment with the game was with the redundant searches for beads, objects on cards and yet another game (Tri-peaks this time, Goblin-jong last time) thrown in for good measure. The puzzles aren't difficult and that's not a bad thing, it's just that when there's one to solve every three or four feet, you start to lose your train of thought with the storyline and the quests that are a natural part of progressing in the game.

All in all, I did enjoy the game, even though I found myself sighing deeply about every five minutes. Using no hints and no skips, no walkthrough, on normal setting, I finished the game in 5.25 hours.

Overall Rating - four out of five stars.

eta - after talking with developer, I edited my remarks re: time padding. Developer has a fondness for the mini-games that dominate. And in all honesty, it's difficult to fault that. It's honest and genuine.

Edited on 12/27/2010 at 11:08:11 AM PST

Re:Completed Game Review

[Post New]by tammylovesred on Jan 30, 11 5:16 PM
i just finished also was wondering if there is seqal because the witch said sopia is flying off to find her people and then it ended

Phyrie
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Phyrie on Feb 3, 11 11:26 PM
I am finding the left-click to spin puzzle pieces incredibly tiresome and annoying. I find myself clicking madly, as I become more annoyed, because the piece doesn't spin, it only moves an unseen fraction of an inch. I have to stop, and move my pointer, and come back, click again and hope it spins. If only there was right-click to spin, left-click to move, I would be a happy girl!

Aside from that, I am liking the game very much.

Phyrie
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Phyrie on Feb 3, 11 11:26 PM
Sorry, this double posted somehow...

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 11:26:57 PM PST

herbphd
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by herbphd on Feb 11, 11 10:37 AM
I am stuck. How do I boil the water in the kettle and brew the tea?

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 11:19:31 AM PST

herbphd
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by herbphd on Feb 12, 11 11:16 AM
herbphd wrote:I am stuck. How do I boil the water in the kettle and brew the tea?

Go to: