bfgOkeechobee
1,191 Posts

Post any Awakening: Moonfell Wood technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Dec 26, 10 12:20 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 5:45:50 PM PST

Valdy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,539 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: Moonfell Wood technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 26, 10 1:03 PM
Someone else has this problem here: I installed the game and when I clicked on "Play", a message box came up, telling me that the game can´t be played.

I couldn´t even uninstall the game until I restarted my computer, because the game kept insisting that it was running.

Now, I have a brand-new laptop and NO problems with any games whatsoever - just in case you were going to suggest unspeakable things. LOL

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Dec 26, 10 3:04 PM
At the waterfall I clicked on a sparkly to open up what I think may be a Hidden Object scene and the game froze up. Totally froze the computer. I had to turn it off to get out. Alt-Tab-Del did not work, Alt-Tab did not work. This is the first problem I have had with a BF game causing this problem. I won't try the rest of the demo even though it looked like it may be a good game.

[Post New]by Vickice on Dec 26, 10 5:18 PM
I bought this game without even finishing the preview. Sometimes you need the sweet as candy games when all your other games are scary or dark. Balance. I am continuing playing the game even though the journal is stuck on giving advice to feed the squirrel. Anyone else have this problem? If not, maybe it's time to check for viruses. Wish me luck. Happy Holidays to all!

caput
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Dec 26, 10 6:47 PM
Picture is too big for my wide screen so I can't see the bottom line of the hidden object list. I would love to purchase this game but not before I know I can see the entire picture. This is the very first time I have had this problem.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 26, 10 7:07 PM
My screen is not full. It's kind of on the right but nothing on the left. I can play the game but never see it full screen. It's not centered.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 7:07:50 PM PST

[Post New]by Slytherkins on Dec 26, 10 8:52 PM
Game keeps crashing when I try to place the key stone on the rock in the gem pool. Anyone else been having this problem?

zonn1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by zonn1 on Dec 26, 10 10:02 PM
Slytherkins wrote:Game keeps crashing when I try to place the key stone on the rock in the gem pool. Anyone else been having this problem?
me too

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 10:04:47 PM PST

rial03
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by rial03 on Dec 27, 10 3:10 AM
Me Three! BFG what's with all these tech problems> Please test games better before offering them to your customers!

jorn1996
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by jorn1996 on Dec 27, 10 4:14 AM
I too have a large, flat-screen monitor.I couldn't see the bottom row either. Kind of makes it hard to play the game and I'm certainly not going to get a bigger monitor. I sure hope this isn't going to be a problem on the newer games. That would truely SUCK!!!

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on Dec 27, 10 8:14 AM
Hi everyone...I sent a Dr. Felix to customer support yesterday. I was having the issue after placing the gem in the stone the game would freeze or get application terminated. I am sure they are going to be swamped after the holiday so I am happily waiting patiently for a fix. CS are always so helpful!

brook11
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by brook11 on Dec 27, 10 8:30 AM
My game is also terminating at the stone in the rock. I did everything on the list of fixes, I did the dxdiag and everything is withing the game specs. I uploaded the newest shockwave and flash and I uninstalled then reinstalled the game. It still freezes. How do I make the game work?

CatHeiter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by CatHeiter on Dec 27, 10 8:34 AM
I also am having problems at the gemstone in the rock. Keep getting an error message and the program terminates.

Cat

[Post New]by NorthFlower on Dec 27, 10 9:44 AM
Yep, my game also crashes at the gem in the pond. Actually it has crashed at several points - first, when I touched the bell to wake up the little fairy helper, then later when I'd solved the box puzzle in the boat. I've done all the Flash Player/Shockwave updates, and also reinstalled the game, but it still crashes. I'm relatively new to BFG and have as yet only rounded four purchased games, and none of these have had any problems with crashing/freezing, nor have I needed to change my resolution settings for any of them (the Mystery of the Crystal Portal games, Sherlock Holmes and the Salem Witches). BFG need to fix this bug soon, a lot of people seem to have trouble with it - after all, we've paid money for this game...

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Dec 27, 10 10:44 AM
Got an "Error--Access Violation" msg after I clicked on the colored stones in the pool below the waterfall. Surprised the heck out of me, because the 1st "Awakening" ran great. Our system is up-to-date and meets game specs. Any thoughts or help? Bought the game after about 5 minutes of the demo--maybe I should have progressed further there and saved myself $7.

(P.S. Perhaps 2nd time's a charm--I just backed off, re-loaded the game, and now there don't seem to be any problems. Hope I won't have to post in this thread again!)

Edited on 12/27/2010 at 11:45:45 AM PST

texmom3
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by texmom3 on Dec 27, 10 10:57 AM
I also got the boot when I placed the gem keystone, so I guess I'll wait for the fix since I have already purchased six games this month.

[Post New]by gameplayer43 on Dec 27, 10 11:45 AM
It keeps freezing for me as well.
I reboot and it usually works.
I am now at the moon and sun gate and it completely freezes.
What now ???

rpfulcher
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by rpfulcher on Dec 27, 10 12:16 PM
Hi, i have aerror message at the pond when place the gem 0Xoo4389E4.What is this.? threw me out of the game and terminated game.I have downloaded game twice i am getting a bit sick of all these problems and it is always our fault according to B/F.
rpfulcher jelly fish

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Dec 27, 10 12:27 PM
Thankfully, the awesome developers at Boomzap are working on the access violation and freezing problems at the ripple pond and portal. I sent a log file to them and a temp fix was created. It will be expanded by Boomzap as a permanent fix. Dedication to, and pride in, one's work is rare. I am so impressed with Boomzap and developer Allan Simonsen. Allan took the time to figure out the problem and didn't just say 'it's your video card'. Hang in there, fishes! The game is worth it!!!

ShayB
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ShayB on Dec 27, 10 2:02 PM
I'm having the same problem with the gem at the pond, so happy to see the developers are working on it. Especially as it is the holidays. I like the game and will check back for a fix. Meanwhile....

Shay

Go to: