bfgFlounder
9,258 Posts

Tasty Planet: Back for Seconds

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 27, 10 12:05 AM
Gobble up the entire Tasty Planet in this fun and exciting Adventure game! Grow in size and take on even more delectable items as you storm through level after level as an extremely hungry blob of grey goo. Start off in a small science lab, but take on the entire city in Tasty Planet – Back for Seconds. Track down new treats and take over the Tasty Planet!

Re:Tasty Planet: Back for Seconds

[Post New]by heatherington on Dec 27, 10 1:00 AM
If you think I want to be a glob of grey goo tasting and eating the entire planet, then think again. I have enough problems with my weight as it is, thank you very much. How can this possibly be likened to the same genre as Sherlock Holmes and Queen of Spades and that Ilk. Adventure game?

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Dec 27, 10 1:26 AM
Ugh! Sorry....definitely not my cup of tea....where, oh where, have all the great ihogs gone? ......Here's keeping my fingers and toes crossed that next year will be much, much better for ihogs....well, at least I have alot of other games to play

lisacal
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lisacal on Dec 27, 10 1:56 AM
I had never played this game before, so I wasn't expecting much. However, I just finished the trial and really enjoyed it. Sure, you won't get a brain workout, but it was still a fun, simple game. The game speed increases now and then just to make it a little more interesting.

It has my

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,254 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 27, 10 6:10 AM
This feels like a ripoff of the early stages of SPORE and Feeding Frenzy put together, minus the fun. I thought it would be somewhat like feeding frenzy, but it feels much more relaxed, but not in a good way. The music and the little sounds are irritating, too.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,907 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Dec 27, 10 9:39 AM
lisacal wrote:I had never played this game before, so I wasn't expecting much. However, I just finished the trial and really enjoyed it. Sure, you won't get a brain workout, but it was still a fun, simple game. The game speed increases now and then just to make it a little more interesting.

It has my

Sometimes, you don't need to get a brain workout -- just have FUN. One thing, though, don't do it on an empty stomach! UGH, made my stomach somersault and gave me a headache

MEnr56

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Dec 27, 10 7:22 PM
Imberis wrote:This feels like a ripoff of the early stages of SPORE...

If anything, the early stages of SPORE "ripped off" the original Tasty Planet as that was released a year or two before SPORE even went into development.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,254 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 29, 10 12:26 AM
bansama wrote:
Imberis wrote:This feels like a ripoff of the early stages of SPORE...

If anything, the early stages of SPORE "ripped off" the original Tasty Planet as that was released a year or two before SPORE even went into development.

Oooh, I didn't know that! That's crazy!

Go to: