Senior Citizens sign in!!

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 13, 17 7:59 AM
Sorry to hear of your fall Jules. Hope you are now on the mend and wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care cause we do love your interaction on this forum. All the helpful and valuable advice and comments were surely missed.

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Oct 13, 17 11:45 AM
The big slow down for me is on my 2012 iPad and started about a year ago with iOS updates. It now takes GD 1 - 2 minutes just to start up. If a notification from another app like email pops up, it slows down the game. If the iPad goes to sleep with GD running, it takes another 1 - 2 minutes to get it to run in normal speed. Slow motion animation until then.

So when I'm on the iPad, I keep playing uninterrupted and close it when I have to go do real life things!

No such slow down on my iPhone 6S.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Jules!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
670 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 13, 17 11:51 AM
Same here lawaters, my old 2012 ipad is very slow but the new one is quite different thank goodness or I would probably stop playing!
Get well soon Jules!

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,062 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Oct 14, 17 1:40 AM
Sorry for your fall Jules. I hope you'll be better soon.
I'm also in Seoul and for the moment, only transfer resources from the other cities.
I took a break in Monsterville that I've completed on my Iphone. Still have to finish it on my Ipad.
Welcome to this thread Froggieloveyou

keitht53
Herring
Herring
326 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Oct 14, 17 3:02 AM
I would suspect that the problem with the 'old' Ipads is down to processing power. Software is becoming more and more bloated with non-essential garbage simply because the kit is it running on is capable of handling it.
I'm old enough to remember when the Windows operating system came on 6 floppy disks, and only 3 were actually needed for a basic install. That version did everything required of it at the time and I really don't believe that the latest version needs to be many 1000s of times larger.

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
464 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 14, 17 7:25 AM
I have a question for you all. As you know, for some unexplained reason, we have to play a least one level, win or lose, to get the daily treasure chest. I play San Francisco 28 which I think is the easiest and quickest level in GD. It only gives 11 moves to complete, but usually can be done in 6 or 7. Once you make a lightening bolt on the bottom line it is automatic.

Does anyone know of a quicker level?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,313 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 14, 17 8:00 AM
If you are in a real hurry, start any level, make a couple of random moves, then exit. You still get the chest, however you do lose a life. I assume that anybody in a hurry is off soon to do something else so it doesn't matter.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 14, 17 5:29 PM
snowman, NY 47 is pretty fast, it works every single time without fail. I have done it as little as 4 moves, but its usually a few more, but its failsafe. It actually has 40 moves in it, I don't think I have ever had to use more than about 15. But its quick. Try it anyway.

[Post New]by missbethann on Oct 14, 17 6:43 PM
I see all these comments about GD updates, a Halloween theme city, upgrades in resource swaps for coins, an envelope with something in it... I even remember a comment last Christmas about a North Pole city. I get nothing. Never have I gotten an update for GD and have been playing for well over a year now. I do realize I am a very slow player due to age, arthritis and refusal to buy overpriced boosts unless frustration wins over. I still have all my original resource marts in Sydney. Most of my daily events are in completed cities so no incentive to try to do them. I am on a PC with windows 10. I get updates for SMAL all the time. Special events and the new map with all the worlds. Never nothing new or different from the GD upgrades everyone comments on.

I feel like the step-child no one likes...

Miss BethAnn

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
670 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 14, 17 6:52 PM
Unfortunately Miss Beth Ann it seems our pc players are the “step child” as there has been no update for them since May! Maybe the lads from Vlad are working on that while we fiddle around in MONSTERVILLE waiting for Santa Fe or Abu Dhabi whichever may arrive first so I hope that is what they are up to and you will soon have that long awaited update!

[Post New]by missbethann on Oct 14, 17 7:07 PM
Trav31bird,

I don't even get an option to get Monsterville so I can't fiddle around where I'm apparently not wanted... I am almost ready to go to LA, am sick to death of Shanghai at this point. When I go to the last page of my passport it always says coming soon.

Gummy Drops stepchild, MissBethAnn

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
464 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 14, 17 7:14 PM
Missbeth: SMAL?

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 14, 17 7:26 PM
missbethann,

I know how you feel as I play on a PC as well and started Gummy Drop in March 2017. I am presently in Shaghai too and just finished level 20. Now I must ship to get the required resources to build the 2nd monument. I am disappointed that the PC platform's last update was May 2017 and we were only provided more cities up to but not including Lisbon. I suppose we have plenty to play until we get to that point in the game but it would be nice to get event cities like mobile players. The opportunity to play a different city and get a break would be awesome. I have been told that the PC platform has so many more techy things to be done and got the impression it takes much more time and testing before they offer any updates for it. So I guess we just wait to see if eventually they will figure out a way to offer event cities, scratch tickets that actually appear on a daily basis and many other differences the mobile players experience which we don't have at this time. I am still happy to play Gummy Drop and hope for bigger and better thing eventually.

[Post New]by missbethann on Oct 14, 17 7:43 PM
snowmanvt wrote:Missbeth: SMAL?

Sir Match A Lot (it's my "go to" game)

Miss BethAnn

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Oct 15, 17 4:03 AM
Haven't been on much, but wanted to add my best wishes to our much loved Jules for a speedy recovery!

Fish

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 15, 17 4:34 AM
Hi everyone. Thanks so much for all your love, appreciate it. I am fine. Was just out of action for a while. But all is well. Its lovely to know you are all so nice and supportive. Probably more of a pain timewise as I had said I would re do the suggestions thread, then just couldn't sit for ages on here, only really got on, made the odd post and went off again. Hanging out now for Santa Fe. Am so bored with everything else. Bring it on. Monsterville has been really good though and the graphics are terrific, even better I think than the Halloween event city from last year. Does anyone else have any event city in their passport prior to that one? I can't remember if I missed any at all.

keitht53
Herring
Herring
326 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Oct 15, 17 5:07 AM
missbethann, the PC version doesn't get any of the Event Cities or any of the other specials such as the Everest Challenge.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,313 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 15, 17 5:36 AM
Halloween 2016 (Transylvania) was the first event city, which can be verified in the Event City thread linked from the city directory.

And yes, the graphics this year are nicer than Transylvania had.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 15, 17 6:01 AM
Thanks lordkalvan, yes, thats right, Transylvania, I had forgotten what it was called. I didn't think of looking up the announcements or directory. Good, at least I didn't miss any. Didn't thnk I had but wasn't sure. I liked the summer camp graphics too, with the campfire, that was well done. And the Stonehenge in the midsummer one.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,313 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 15, 17 6:22 AM
I played in each of the event cities but gave up quickly on some of them, so I don't have all the stamps. Shrug....

Go to: