1,584 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by apollogold on Apr 13, 16 2:25 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

Edited on 04/14/2016 at 8:41:11 AM PST

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Apr 14, 16 6:29 AM
Well, the rejoicing was a bit premature! I just got coins and shards from 8 HOS that no longer have them on their drop list. Very strange, really.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 14, 16 8:47 AM
HI Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that the Moderation Team has indeed pass along the information to the Midnight Castle team regarding the drop rates within the game. The teams are working hard to resolve this issue and we thank players for bringing their research to our attention. If any information is known, the forums will be updated.

I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules specifically,

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

and

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

Thank you for your understanding as adhering to the Forum Rules ensures that the Forums stay accessible to everyone who would like to participate.

bfgBellerophon

tuck6016
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by tuck6016 on Apr 14, 16 12:38 PM
I have the same thing happening. shards and coins not listed as HO'S drop items still dropping.

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Apr 18, 16 11:08 AM
Just wanted to say I'm loving the Spring Event. So many things to do and wonderful and plentiful gifts everywhere. The best is getting involved with friends again, going into their Spring Rooms and seeing the decorations and the pets, but most of all having things to gift again. Really, really nice!

The only drawback, even for someone like me who's not intent on getting every achievement, is the need for sunny Smiles for everything and the difficulty in getting them. It would be really great if you could get them also from doing the Spring Terrace HOS. Just a thought for next year maybe.

I wonder if it would be okay to start a new thread with just comments on the Spring Event. Seems like everyone is having a lot of fun and it would be nice to share the joy.

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Apr 19, 16 7:46 PM
The item drop is not getting better in my game, still getting more coins/shards in areas that don't have them listed and overall. Would like more items please.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 20, 16 12:43 PM
I am also getting mostly coins & shards from the HOS. When I get an inventory item, it is usually the first visit to that scene that day. Subsequent visits almost always give shards mostly & some coins. Needing an item for a quest does not guarantee getting it, no matter how many times you try.
I am greatly enjoying the Spring Event, however, so I will be concentrating on that rather than CQ. Only 110 of each kind of flower to go…

Edited on 04/20/2016 at 12:45:55 PM PST

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Apr 28, 16 12:08 PM
OK, after taking a break, then going after the spring event items with gusto, I have to say that trying to get ahead in the upper levels is PURE DRUDGERY without inventory on hand! I doubt many new players will reach the upper levels with the current inventory drop rates. It has improved a bit over spring, but trying to get repeat items is just too frustrating. Even when spending diamonds to get past waiting for a 1 hour recharge it still feels like drudgery to me..... I will not do that over and over and over again for long. Where did the fun go?? I get that the upper levels are supposed to be hard, but I kept the drudgery to a minimum by doing repeated rounds to build up, then had the joy of moving ahead rapidly to compensate for it. It is impossible to do now.....

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 28, 16 1:26 PM
True, some of the HOSs now do now show coins and shards as items you will receive when you click the "i" --- but they still fall from the room upon conclusion....To me this is now false advertising.....you're led to believe those items will not be the "reward", but they still are.

The Devs have given us some things to work on (achievements) and some things to do (daily quests, Trina quests, blue quests) when the game is maxed out.......and then took away our ability to actually DO those things when they no longer awarded inventory items.

I had been going through the rooms repeatedly to build up my inventory so I could start doing the Daily Quests (because soooooooo many of them are inventory drains) and I had figured out how to work Trina's quests into the mix.......as soon as the inventory was removed, I totally lost interest.....

I did Trina's quests to get to the 500 golden keys because I was curious to know what was the final requirement......5000 is way beyond what I want to do! (If it were 1000, I probably would have continued).

The Daily Quests are also out of reach --- 500 per level is a bit much to ask in the first place.....then to remove the ability to get inventory just makes it nearly impossible.

The Blue Quests????? ----
Lord Chamberlain wants me to look in the Crystal Ball ---- not happening
Henry wants me to find the Rainbow Stone ---- hmmmm, get a Blood Lotus....put it in the Flower of Suffering and give it to him for one destiny key ---- nope, don't think so
Valeria wants a Pyramid of Numbers ---- nope, don't think that is gonna happen either
Anabel wants something from the Mirror Obelisk ----nope
Iron Knight wants something from the Antique Globe
Lighthouse Keeper wants Sea Water from the Figurines Collection, which also requires me to go to the Donation Box (using blinding disc, black lilly and eight-pointed star to open)

I realize that what I find in the Crystal Ball, Mirror Obelisk, and the Antique Globe will be mine to keep.....I just don't want to pay the inventory price to go get them.

So, as soon as the Devs decide to give me back my inventory at HOS completion, I will play some of their side games.....otherwise, I will just sit patiently and wait for each update and seasonal event to play the game.....it is boring to tears to go into each room and end up with a few extra coins and shards!

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Apr 29, 16 3:59 AM
Well said AEgram!!!

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Apr 29, 16 11:15 AM
I'm still a long way off from Level 71, so I still get lots of HOS items. I try to gift HOS items if they are on your lists, because I will get it back in a day or two. So don't feel guilty putting one on your list. It's one way we on the lower levels can say thank you for all the help you have given us.

Sometimes, when I get the 15 coins or only 1 shard, I think, "OH NO," but usually I get an inventory item. I didn't do the Jan. 20th update so I didn't have to go through the worst of it, but my stock of inventory items is between 1 and 75, with the single items being almost 2 pages long out of only 7 pages. Now that I think about it, my inventory has gone down too. I'm just able to replenish it

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on May 5, 16 7:39 AM
More and more coins are dropping from the egg collecting. It is so disappointing to get that fifth egg to see what's next behind the coins only to see more coins. It has been getting worse. Today I'm getting 4 and even 5 coin drops in a row. And there are so few suns!!! It's nice to have the treasure chest back but it's mostly items to buy the donkey and the jester. After you have them the chest is of no use.

Now that I have vented I have to say to the DEVS GOOD JOB on the patios. It has been a lot of fun and helped with inventory. Great artwork.

[Post New]by second_childhood on May 5, 16 1:54 PM
If you're a reader of this thread, you know I'm not a fan of the changes to the HOS drop rate in this update. But I had so much fun with the spring event, I decided to give the "you get what you need when you need it" and there is no need to "hoard inventory" approach.

I reviewed what was needed to finish level 46, 47, and 48 in the strategy thread and sold those items down to no more than 2.

At no time was I able to play the game for more than 15 minutes without waiting the hour or paying the diamonds. Even when I did pay the diamonds, the next item on the quest stopped me. There were three times when the HOS for the character quest did not give me the needed item - for any character quest open and the Daily quest conflict shouldn't exist in the Spring event.

The additional coins do not come close to the cost of these levels, the shards are just frustrating - and who'd have thought the Stranger's Badge - that silly red balloon - would be on my wish list?

Please bring back the original HOS drop rate and the fun back to Midnight Castle.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on May 5, 16 9:02 PM
second_childhood wrote:
The additional coins do not come close to the cost of these levels, the shards are just frustrating - and who'd have thought the Stranger's Badge - that silly red balloon - would be on my wish list?

Please bring back the original HOS drop rate and the fun back to Midnight Castle.

Everyone has been so immersed in the Spring Room and Spring Quests, I wonder how many have noticed as I have, that the percentage of HOS items has once again been tweaked, and is now lower? I would have preferred higher when they put it back to 60% HOS items, but felt I could live with that. But, right now, it is back down to 30%. Please let's put this back to a somewhat fair drop rate and leave it alone instead of constantly changing it. (There wasn't any need for constant tweaking when the HOS drop was 100%.) The Spring Quest was extremely well done, but it seems like one hand giveth and the other taketh away.

NellyT
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by NellyT on May 5, 16 11:54 PM
NoFishToday wrote:

Everyone has been so immersed in the Spring Room and Spring Quests, I wonder how many have noticed as I have, that the percentage of HOS items has once again been tweaked, and is now lower? I would have preferred higher when they put it back to 60% HOS items, but felt I could live with that. But, right now, it is back down to 30%. Please let's put this back to a somewhat fair drop rate and leave it alone instead of constantly changing it. (There wasn't any need for constant tweaking when the HOS drop was 100%.) The Spring Quest was extremely well done, but it seems like one hand giveth and the other taketh away.

Yes you are absolutely right on this. Unfortunately no matter how good the Spring Event is, the drop rate has changed back to lower % HOS items drop.
And of course you are right. No HOS drop % tweaking is needed when it is on 100%.

Let's hope that when the SE finishes they will bring it back to where it was before (I can only cross my fingers to see them back to 100% of course!)

Dinah6
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by Dinah6 on May 6, 16 10:33 AM
NoFishToday wrote:Everyone has been so immersed in the Spring Room and Spring Quests, I wonder how many have noticed as I have, that the percentage of HOS items has once again been tweaked, and is now lower?

Very true! The HOS drop rate is abysmal once again. In a mini-run of the 22 HOS of the Castle, I got one Harpy's Feather and 21 coins & Shard drops.

The Spring event has been fun to play, but very much keeping in line with the game "policy" changes. We were all distracted by trying to complete Achievements that required 1000 visits to the same HOS (!?) and barely had time to play the regular ones. No time to notice and not building any inventory either.

And let's not forget that we were offered three new avatars, two rather unattractive and one that everyone wanted and had to pay dearly for it (60,000 to craft the Spring Cakes). Our events used to be a bonus to the players to build coin and inventory. But this one was not. Neither was the Christmas event (6,500 shards needed to decorate the Christmas room and get the monkey pet).

Please developers, fix our HOS drop rate! Getting 15 coins or 1 shard is insulting

NellyT
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by NellyT on May 6, 16 12:58 PM
Dinah6 wrote:

Please developers, fix our HOS drop rate! Getting 15 coins or 1 shard is insulting

INDEED!!!!!

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on May 6, 16 10:09 PM
I have to totally agree with the drop rate being LOWERED again! Right before the Spring Event, I was noticing an improvement in my inventory drop rate... not any more. Now, I seem to be back to nothing but coin and shards. Listen up DEVS... if you are going to remove the coin and shards from showing in the inventory list in 52 HOS's... then REMOVE THEM!. This is false advertising and you are deceiving your players. Please, just give us the items back, like the game was originally, and place the lousy 15 coin and 1 shard in the flower drop. Thank you....

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on May 7, 16 4:22 AM
I, too, am getting more coins and shards than inventory, when I actually do the HOS's. I have begun to dislike doing the Castle HOS's because of this. These are the areas where the inventory is needed most, while the coin and shard drops are the highest. We need the inventory drop back to the original game rate. 100%.

While I am at it, I have enjoyed the Spring Event, however, it seems that the characters have become more like Caricatures than like real people looking characters. This makes the game look cartoonish, and well below the higher standards that the game was before the January 2016 update.

Edited on 05/07/2016 at 4:23:15 AM PST

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on May 7, 16 3:29 PM
How is the fix going on coins and shards falling in HOS's where they don't belong? I'm getting a lot of them!!!

Go to: