Bonus Challenges - Level 12

[Post New]by pennhiller on Dec 27, 10 4:27 PM
Was plowing through the bonus challenges until I came to a dead stop at level twelve - there are two ice blocks that do not get broken by stacking three on top of them and cannot be blown up by any of the tools. Has anyone else gotten to this level and found the same thing? Is there a secret here I'm missing or is this some buggy "feature"??

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Bonus Challenges - Level 12

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 28, 10 4:38 PM
Hey pennhiller,

Welcome to the pond! You may want to check to see if a Bonus Item (i.e. the Hammer) will help break the block. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by pennhiller on Dec 29, 10 5:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried every bonus item available. Still haven't heard from anyone else who's played this level yet.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Dec 29, 10 8:06 PM
I've played level 12 and didn't have any problems breaking the ice blocks. I just used the bonus available for that level - I think it was the super bomb. None of the bonuses actually destroy the ice blocks themselves, but the super bomb is one of the better bonuses for creating a cascade above the ice block that might result in a match. Good luck.

[Post New]by scoutorama on Dec 31, 10 9:27 AM
Hi there, Since you are level 12 I am hoping you can help me... I'm on level 10 and can never collect enough gold to get past the barabarian and finish. Any tips? Is there gold hiding somewhere?

[Post New]by chazcov08 on Jan 6, 11 6:13 PM
I am sure that his is a bug. I've used the super bomb, and it does break all the blocks above the two ice blocks, but when the tiles fall down to fill in, they do so in a way that they funnel down, and don't come straight down. There seems to be no way to break these blocks!

Maybe I need an update or something.

[Post New]by pennhiller on Jan 31, 11 3:32 PM
Here's a video capture (in slow-mo) of what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6XCw7kMc8

Go to: