cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 28, 10 12:38 AM
Well I lasted 10 minutes with this game before throwing the towel in.

The bad news is that Tamara's mother is kidnapped and taken through a portal.

The good news is that her grandfather is safely tucked up in his bed.

The funny news is the name of the Baddie ... it is Mad Maggie.

Your first task is to find an amber crystal pieces followed by red, white, yellow, green and blue crystals among the aforesaid crystal formations. I, personally, could not see them and the only way I found them was by clicking everywhere and watching my cursor do the loop de loop fifty times ... OK that is a slight exaggeration but you get the picture.

Sorry devs I won't buy a game when the graphics are of this type and I get punished for not being able to see what I have to find.

Cherb

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Dec 28, 10 12:49 AM
I could not see the crystals either. I gave up playing the game also after playing it for about 10 minutes.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Dec 28, 10 12:56 AM
I used the help to find the crystals, then played a 'copy the tune' mini, which was made easier because a line joined up the crystals so you could see what order to play the ones you had already played - no need to remember!

I then had to find (I think), a tap for the fountain (it was a rock) and a hammer and chisel - used the help again and got the fountain working, then was told to find a rock man and a tree spirit.

Well the rock man was rock coloured obviously, and you may remember we are in a cave?!

Found those two with the help of help (which luckily recharges very quickly) and lost the will to live.

As was said above - too hard to find the objects - a no buy for me. I don't like things to be too easy (like the crystals game), but I think making them too hard is just silly.

Edited to add - a very pretty game, and well drawn and probably a good story, but, but, but...

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 12:56:55 AM PST

[Post New]by goofyduck77 on Dec 28, 10 12:56 AM
I beta tested this game and so loaded it up to see if my wonderful, insightful, and magnificent suggestions and advice had been taken by those who were so thoughtful as to ask for my assistance. I have played about 10 minutes so far and haven't found any of the improvements I suggested. The intro is a "one-piece" watch or skip and 2 dimensional in most respects. The sound effects were a bit jarring but the music didn't overpower the game.

There were no special options other than the custom cursor, which I tried both ways. The custom cursor is rather large and clunky, but turns into a hand in various areas or a wand whereas my computer cursor did not. The story is a rescue of mother by daughter in a world of fantasy with mythical creatures, fairies, angels, and, of course, the evil counterparts. The graphics were well-detailed, but too grainy and I don't think I'm alone when it comes to a dislike of grainy graphics, especially when it comes to color-on-color items to find.

What I mentioned in the beta testing and I will mention again here are a couple of things that were not to my taste: One, there were not just arrows to indicate directions to other areas; rather, it highlighted the entire entrance, exit or area to which you could travel. In one area, that highlighted area consumed almost half the screen, and these highlights became confusing and irritating. Second, when you did need to use a hint, you had to click on the hint orb and then the object in the bar which you sought; however, when you clicked on it, it disappeared, and then quickly reappeared so you could click on it with a "wand." These two "problems" were enough for me to pass on this game.

The hidden objects define the very meaning of "hidden." They were literally impossible to find and I will gladly pat on the back anyone who can find all the crystals, orbs, tools, etc., without using one hint. Evidently, they didn't think this aspect of the game needed improvement, although I can't imagine any of the beta testers not mentioning it being a deal-breaking problem. There is a multiple-click penalty with the typical swirl, and some theatrics when using a hint that recharges at about a minute.

I'm not a big fan of fantasy/mythical games anyway, but to be fair, I will play them and even buy them if they are really good, but this one wasn't good when I tested it, and it isn't good now.

I think this is a "must try first before you buy" game.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 1:10:42 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 28, 10 12:58 AM
This game is weird, and not in a good way. If you hate occult-type games, don't even bother playing this one. I played for thirty-five minutes before I gave up because it's straining my eyes and giving me a headache. It's a hidden object adventure (and I use that term lightly) game where the items are scattered around the main screen. Many of them are SO hard to find because they're blended in with the background color and they're quite small. To me, the only recent game to get away with that (and do it well) was that Tiger Eye game. I can't stand when games try to "trick" you into finding objects by recoloring them or blending them like that. Bleh. So far the puzzles have been of the "simon says" type and the "find all of these tiny pieces and then stick them back onto this glowing area where they clearly belong" type. It's also irritating that when you correctly replace an object some text goes along at the bottom of the screen and you have to wait for that to go away before you can replace another object. It's not a long time, but it's annoying. The game seems incredibly short. I got to the third "world" in about thirty-five minutes. Granted, I was blasting through it because I hated it, but even if you took your time I can't imagine this game taking more than two or three hours.

The story is weird. One minute you're in your house, then there's a portal and someone kidnaps your mom, then all of a sudden you're in some cave with a Green Man? The story is really, really random. Apparently this game is made by Playfirst, which is kind of surprising seeing how much I usually enjoy their games.

Sort of spoilery comments ahead!

Is the main girl going to fall in love with her cat? If so, noooo thank you! Too strange.

april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by april445 on Dec 28, 10 1:04 AM
Was this a game or a device for pain? My eyes hurt, my back hurts from leaning over the computer to press my nose to the screen and my neck hurts for looking at every inch of the screen for a smear. No No 13th.

[Post New]by loopynemo75 on Dec 28, 10 1:06 AM
I couldnt get past the first screen, am I missing something - it says exit the cavern but I've clicked everywhere and nothing happens.

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Dec 28, 10 1:09 AM
I broke my hint button because I could'nt distinguish between rocks and what I was suppose to be looking for!

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Dec 28, 10 1:12 AM
After trying for 10 minutes I am sure- a definite no buy.

[Post New]by Barbarabarb on Dec 28, 10 1:20 AM
I am not dead - merely comatose, and if you got that far you will know what I mean. What an awful shame to put what was evidently a lot of effort into making this game so pretty and then ruining it by making the objects almost impossible to find and the mini games so easy my cat could probably do them. If only one could get into the minds of the developers to see what they think they are doing.

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Dec 28, 10 1:20 AM
Hi!

I agree that the graphics are NOT good. I was trying very hard to see the items I was looking for but no way. I got really bored in just a few minutes. No way i am buying this game.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 28, 10 1:20 AM
april445 wrote:Was this a game or a device for pain? My eyes hurt, my back hurts from leaning over the computer to press my nose to the screen and my neck hurts for looking at every inch of the screen for a smear. No No 13th.

LOL, Ditto!!!

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Dec 28, 10 1:26 AM
played 5 min of this game come on let us have some good games for new year besstan

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Dec 28, 10 1:35 AM
Strong sense of deja vu here - I've definitely played this game a long time ago and I gave up on it then too!! Wore out the hint button and even when the pieces were pointed out I could still hardly see them. Sorry, this game is just not worth the worry.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 28, 10 1:40 AM
I agree with everyone here.

I did get a pretty good chuckle over Mad Maggie - not too scary unfortunately.
I did like the cat, but his presence was very brief.

I never did find a crystal but didn't really spend too much time looking because I came here to see if I was totally missing the boat somehow. I guess not...

Okay - tomorrow is a new day, I can hope anyway.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Dec 28, 10 1:43 AM
april445 wrote:Was this a game or a device for pain? My eyes hurt, my back hurts from leaning over the computer to press my nose to the screen and my neck hurts for looking at every inch of the screen for a smear. No No 13th.

Thanks for the laugh, I know you are not supposed to make of the inflicted, but after reading all the comments yours was the funniest and making me laugh these days is not an easy task. Well done! I think with this in mind I am going to give this game a miss, even the trial. Thanks again..

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Dec 28, 10 2:29 AM
Where is the walkthrough. I purchased game and am stuck getting the water for a drink. Please post walkthrough.

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Dec 28, 10 2:37 AM
Had to stop after 25 minutes and go and lie down

The objects were so small and impossibly hidden, I had to use a hint for nearly all of them and then couldn't spot them even when the hint circled where they were

A definite no-no

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Dec 28, 10 2:47 AM
I agree with the comments that the objects were too hard to find on your own, graphics are grainy and many objects almost invisible even when using a hint. Also didn't like that some were fractured objects but all you saw was an outline of the object. To see what the fractured objects look like you have to hold your mouse over each object to see what you are looking for. When you use a hint it asks you to click on the object in your list that you are looking for even if there is only one thing left to find. Cumbersome and annoying, not my type of game.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Dec 28, 10 3:03 AM
Thanks for all the reviews - when I first saw the game I thought it was going to be good. but having read all the coments whilst downloading the DD I don't thik I'll even bother to download.

Go to: