bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 28, 10 1:13 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Tamara the 13th? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Dec 28, 10 1:33 AM
Such a huge disappointment. The graphics were pretty but too difficult to find the hidden object. My finger wore out using the hint button.

A definite NO BUY for me.

[Post New]by heatherington on Dec 28, 10 1:46 AM
I didn't like the looks of the screenshots. I don't think I want to even download.

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Dec 28, 10 1:50 AM
I agree. I felt that it had such promise but then I was made to feel like a 3yr old being led by the hand. Very disappointed. But I'm sure there are those who will love it. Not a buy for me. Sorry.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Dec 28, 10 2:00 AM
I also agree, the hidden objects are too hard to find. Having to use the hint button over and over kind of takes the fun out of it. Pass.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Dec 28, 10 2:33 AM
No buy here too.Where are the SE's.

[Post New]by RossAndrews on Dec 28, 10 2:49 AM
Must be the most irritating game ever. The hidden objects are really hard to find, and the dialogue during puzzles, pausing the puzzles is infuriating! When I've got 4 pieces to place and know where they're going, I really don't need a conversation in between each one!

Oh, and it hung after every change of area - I had to go into task manager each time and switch to it.

Definitely won't even consider buying - not even at $2.99..

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Dec 28, 10 2:59 AM
Where is the Walkthrough? A Definite must for this game.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 3:00:12 AM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 28, 10 3:51 AM
I really wanted to like this one. The graphics are beautiful and the storyline is engaging, but both are not enough to overcome the difficulty in finding objects. Some are hard to spot even when using the hint button.

I might buy this game if it's ever offered for $2.99, but not now.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Dec 28, 10 4:05 AM
Massive disappointment to me too. Hidden Objects are ridiculously hard to recognise. Had to wait for hint button to charge for almost every object!! No buy for me this time.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 28, 10 4:08 AM
You all aren't exaggerating about not being able to see the items, I didn't get past the "amber" crystal that was exactly the same color as the brown cave walls. I figure if I need to use the hint button within minutes of starting a game, it's probably not for me.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 28, 10 5:24 AM
As always, it is best to play the demo yourself, and not reject a game simply because the reviews are bad. You may actually like a game that others don't. That said, I'm not very impressed with this game. I beta tested this back on September 2nd, and considering that the developers had nearly 4 months between beta and release, not much seems to have been done to address the complaints about the game. Here is my post from the Sneak Peak thread, based on the BETA, not the version released today:

"The one I got today was Tamara the 13th, and I wasn't very impressed. It's an interactive adventure game, but very simple, almost like an easy iHOG without the hidden object scenes. You do have to find things, so they may classify it as an iHOG, but you are finding parts of objects (FROG-ish) that you use right away. The most "parts" for each item I found was only 4, with most being only 2 parts and some just one part.

The artwork is cartoon-y, but nicely done and crisp. The objects you need to find are usually large enough, sometimes huge, but about 10% of the items are so obscure you can't even see them when the hint points at them, and the rest are so huge you can spot them on an iPod screen from the next room.

The sound is OK. I try to leave the sound on when I beta test so I can evaluate that as well, even though I normally turn the sound way down when I play. It wasn't so annoying that I regretted leaving the volume up, but it wasn't especially memorable, either.

The dialog is OK, with no glaring spelling or grammer errors, but sometimes it just doesn't make sense, and neither do the journal entries. It will say that your next task is to "Find and use" a specific item, even if yu already have it so you don't need to find, just use. The journal gives explicit instructions of what to do next - sometimes TOO explicit when you just want to be reminded what the task is, and one entry was "Find and use the Stone Gnome on the Stone Gnome" when you had to find the Stone Gnome and use it on a wall niche.

There is a separate hint button, that can be used to find a part or an object. It just finds things - to know what to do next you use the journal, and it is far too specific, giving the answer instead of a general idea of the task.

Overall, a so-so game. It also seems very short. You need to collect 6 Stones, and I got 3 of them in less than an hour. Then there is a final chapter, so I am assuming it will be an hour and a half play time....."

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 5:24:49 AM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 28, 10 5:31 AM
I was looking forward to trying this game having seen it on Playfirst's site but what a disappointment. I lasted 10 minutes after which I threw in the towel, my eyesight is not very bad but I could not find one object without the hint button. With some objects even when I had used the hint button I still could not see them.
A definite no buy.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Dec 28, 10 5:36 AM
Not a buy for me either. As said in previous posts, I could not find thinks with the hint circling them..lol I used far too many hints, not because I was clueless but because I could not see things hidden right in front of me..too tiny. Maybe tomorrows game will be better.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Dec 28, 10 5:37 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:I was looking forward to trying this game having seen it on Playfirst's site but what a disappointment. I lasted 10 minutes after which I threw in the towel, my eyesight is not very bad but I could not find one object without the hint button. With some objects even when I had used the hint button I still could not see them.
A definite no buy.

I managed to stick it out for 15 minutes, then I dumped it. I like this kind of game usually but this one is really bad. I can't find a thing without the hint and even then I just clicked around until I hit the object. Not even at $2.99 would I buy.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Dec 28, 10 5:56 AM
I thought it was just me! I have a rotten sinus headache and thought it had killed my eyesight. I couldn't see a thing! I lasted about two minutes before turning it off, meaning to try again later when my vision isn't blurry but since I have a rule about not using the hint button (it's a personal challenge thing) I don't think I'd get very far with this.

It's a shame because it looks really pretty. Not for me, but maybe fishies with microscopes and magnifying glasses will have fun with this.

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Dec 28, 10 6:04 AM
I decided to try this game despite the comments about the objects being to hard to find. I am very good at **** scenes and I usually fly through them even when they seem hard for most. I did not have to use the hint button too much but it was too much work looking for the items and it took away the fun of the game. I have just entered the portal from greenman and I am hoping that the objects get easier to find in air because it seems like this game could be pretty good. If not it is a NO buy for me. I don't understand why in the world they would have made the objects so hard to find. They had to have known that people would not buy it

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Dec 28, 10 6:25 AM
This is one really bad game. If I wanted a Playfirst game I would go to their site. But I'm here for a reason - GREAT GAMES! This game is the worst.
SnowMeow (Calif.)

sno13wy
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by sno13wy on Dec 28, 10 7:02 AM
I have to agree that the items were just too difficult to
find....After about 10 minutes, I gave up and un-installed
the trial. Definitely a thumbs down Big Fish.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 28, 10 7:02 AM
glitterbutterfly wrote:I thought it was just me! I have a rotten sinus headache and thought it had killed my eyesight. I couldn't see a thing! I lasted about two minutes before turning it off, meaning to try again later when my vision isn't blurry but since I have a rule about not using the hint button (it's a personal challenge thing) I don't think I'd get very far with this.

It's a shame because it looks really pretty. Not for me, but maybe fishies with microscopes and magnifying glasses will have fun with this.

I have both of those and still can't see the objects.

Go to: