Andie203
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

If I like Life Quest, My Life Story try ...

[Post New]by Andie203 on Dec 28, 10 10:12 AM
Are there any other good games like these? I don't like a lot of time management games, but I enjoy these. Are there more?

b3achy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:If I like Life Quest, My Life Story try ...

[Post New]by b3achy on Feb 11, 11 9:34 PM
From what I can tell, there really aren't games like these here at the site. I wish there were more like these. I hate the sim city type games, the my tribe games, and the time management ones. This one seems rather unique and much better than Life Story since you can customize so much in this game - avatar, living space, etc. I tried Life Story and was less than impressed, but may purchase it just because it's the only thing that I've tried here that is close to this game, and I just need an alternate.

Here's hoping they will develop more of these types of games, since I'm about over HOGs at this point, and all the dark/negative/mythical/occult story lines of so many of the other games on this site is getting rather old as well...I like that LifeQuest (while unrealistic in the ease/timelines) is rather upbeat and cheery - it's a pleasant change.

ETA: One of my gaming friends recommended Fairy Godmother Tycoon as a similar game...however, I found it to be more of a time management game, and I wasn't thrilled with it. Didn't scratch my itch for personalization of avatars/personal space, of determining my own paths, and my desire for a game of Life type game. Different strokes for different folks, and figured I'd post the suggestion just in case it might be something you'd like as well. She loves both that game and this one. I may have to try it again later when I'm over my interest in this type of game.

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 5:36:06 AM PST

mmmdawn1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mmmdawn1 on Mar 27, 11 6:02 PM
Thanks for the info. I absolutely agree with you and have been looking for something similar. They need to make a Life Quest II with additional avatars and choices and fun thins to do or just an additional bonus such as retirement life.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,582 Posts

Re: If I like Life Quest, My Life Story try ...

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 30, 11 6:13 PM
Not necessarily right for you, but worth checking out: Magic Life, a fairly close thing to a Life Quest II.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,439 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 19, 11 11:07 PM

If you like Life Quest and My Life Story try Kudos (available on BFG) and Kudos 2 (not available on BFG) for an even more in depth life decisions game experience.

Magic Life (very much like Life Quest) is great too, but its different in that its a turn based fantasy competition - I love it for that, though.

[Post New]by Coolplayah on Jul 12, 11 11:09 AM
Try Path to Success. It's like Life Quest 2! Available on:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/13171/path-to-success/index.html

[Post New]by nylsen1890 on Jul 15, 11 12:49 AM
Coolplayah, the Path To Success like LifeQuest, only on a worse version! MAJOR BUGS! Dont Buy It!

[Post New]by mratts on Jul 23, 11 2:16 PM
I came looking for something similar to Life Quest. I did try Path to Success and was sorely disappointed. It's SO SLOW. You can't click to skip through sleep, etc, so it just seems like they tried to add time in by unnecessarily adding in "scenes" that you can't skip.

Magic Life is very similar to Life Quest, with the addition of some side quests, like the duels that require you to trace a shape with your wand to cast a spell. There is also some strategy involved in the duels, which was nice. I will try some of the other suggestions, but I do wish they would come up with more of this kind. I don't even care if it's repetitive, I just like the style very much. I've played Life Quest and Magic Life to death

[Post New]by scispence on Sep 11, 11 7:44 AM
Try Cute Knight. Here's a description:

"An orphan girl searches for her destiny... Train in jobs and classes to raise skills, make friends, and find romance - then use those skills to conquer the monsters in the dungeon. Design and dress your unique character to reach one of fifty storybook endings.
A princess or a pauper? It's all up to you!"

Aamaretto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Aamaretto on Dec 9, 11 8:36 PM
I didn't play much of it, but My Life Story seemed very similar.

Also, I REALLY liked Catwalk Countdown, but haven't bought it yet, hmz, maybe I should look into that ...

[Post New]by girlsmile414 on Jan 8, 12 3:24 PM
Don't think so.....Life Quest is AWESOME!

[Post New]by luciouslucy123 on Mar 11, 12 3:18 AM
I love those types of games but I can't find any! I have done Life Quest, My Life Story, My Life Story: Adventures, Ciao Bella, Magic Life and I loved all of them except Ciao Bella because I couldn't get the hang of it! I have bought 2: Magic Life and Life Quest and I have finished the game! Can anyone find any more? If you can let me know!

[Post New]by born_princess on Apr 4, 12 2:12 AM
scispence wrote:Try Cute Knight. Here's a description:

"An orphan girl searches for her destiny... Train in jobs and classes to raise skills, make friends, and find romance - then use those skills to conquer the monsters in the dungeon. Design and dress your unique character to reach one of fifty storybook endings.
A princess or a pauper? It's all up to you!"

Thank you so much, I was looking for a game like that!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

If I like Life Quest, My Life Story try ...

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Apr 4, 12 4:08 AM
Andie203 wrote:Are there any other good games like these? I don't like a lot of time management games, but I enjoy these. Are there more?

A new favorite for me is Heart's Medicine-Season One which is a hospital soap-opera theme. Totally love the unique mini-games as well. Unfortunately it is not available on BF. ( Do a search for it or PM me if you would like to know where to find it.)

From the creators of the Delicious series
•Play a resident doctor in this inspiring Time Management experience.
•Involve yourself in the lives of other doctors and patients to help them get better physically, as well as emotionally.
•Treat patients with skill-based mini-games and upgrade the clinic with better facilities.
•Follow special cases from beginning to end and earn special achievements.
•Enjoy hidden Easter eggs and an emotionally engaging story offering drama, comedy and romance.

Winner - Best Time Management Game at the 2011 Great Games Awards!

Edited on 04/04/2012 at 9:01:40 AM PST

Go to: