seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Really dislike this game

[Post New]by seeme278 on Dec 28, 10 10:25 AM
I'm guessing that everyone who is going to buy this game has done so, but if you haven't -- DON'T!

I've never reviewed a game before, but I buy most of the HOGs and Large File games. Sometimes I'm disappointed, even after the trial, but no worries. This game has just rubbed me the wrong way. The graphics make it look great, but the "touch" on the screens and activities is a nightmare. Even when I know what to do, I can't make it happen. The hot spots are way too exact. Find myself constantly going to the walkthrough just to see if I'm doing it right. Inconsistent on when you have to zoom. Too many steps (i.e. bag, glove, unbag, open scanner, close scanner, turn around, scan again, rebag, start again). Too many "order" issues (i.e. told I have enough evidence bags only to have to go back and get more bags later). Too much randomly sliding your mouse around looking for a hot spot so you could then try to deduce why it is a hot spot. And the ridiculously long and stupid dialogue. Sometimes it takes three or four attempts to get out of an area because the inventory bar keeps jumping up. And in many locations, you can't make the player run. I could go on, but I think you get the point. Buyer beware!

kray1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Really dislike this game

[Post New]by kray1 on Jan 3, 11 11:06 AM
I thought it was just me, but I couldn't agree with you more. I keep telling myself I quit but I hate to be a quitter. I have finally conquered the seed, and am trying to scan the wrapping and still haven't succeeded. I would not buy this game again for all of the reasons that you stated.

NikkiNox
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiNox on Jan 14, 11 3:28 PM
I agree! This is the most difficult game to get through. I can only play for an hour or so at a time because I get stuck, have to look at a walkthrough to move forward, get stuck, repeat! It feels like I'm not even playing the game anymore because I need the walkthrough so much. I'm not new to the genre, but I am new to this series and I won't be buying any more. Hope the dry spell at BFG comes to an end soon!

[Post New]by greengrassyhill on Jan 14, 11 5:30 PM
I wish I had read these posts before I bought this game! It is so difficult to get anything done that it spoils all the fun. The first Big Fish game I bought was Dire Grove and I loved it. I didn't want to go to bed at night because I wanted to know what was next. If this game had been the first game I bought from Big Fish, I would never have bought another. Since I have paid for this game, I expect I will finish it someday by working on it 30 minutes a day once in a while. Then I'll move on to something fun.

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Feb 14, 11 2:38 PM
I have to agree with you all. I loved FBI Confidential and Puppeteer but this game sucks.
Having the inventory bar popping up all the time is bothersome. Too much detail is required for some things.
Can't leave the laboratory because I didn't put down the scanner lid? Are you serious?
This game lacks the fun/interesting crime scenes that Puppeteer had. I miss the interaction that Nicole had with the witnesses, inspector, and other people in the game.

[Post New]by silvereyenz on Sep 23, 14 1:34 AM
Same here, for all the reasons above. No fun if you get stuck constantly.
I will uninstall this game.

Go to: