Stuck in Salem Secrets; Please help!

[Post New]by Rhianna19 on Dec 29, 10 11:03 AM
I'm totally stuck here. I'm working on the girl in the mines, and I've gotten the items from the gallows and solved the book puzzle, but the recipe didn't appear in my journal, and I can't make the potion. What did I miss? Please help!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Stuck in Salem Secrets; Please help!

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 29, 10 12:55 PM
Hi there Rhiann19,
Welcome to the Pond.
It has been a while since I played this game so I can't give you the exact answer to your problem. All I can suggest is that you check the Walkthrough for this game and check out the Free the Third Girl section.
I have copied the URL to the walkthrough below.
Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets Walkthrough
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Edited on 12/29/2010 at 1:00:42 PM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 29, 10 1:00 PM
Just wanted to pop in to make DragonLadyOz's link active!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Rhianna19 on Dec 29, 10 1:18 PM
I did check the walkthrough; I've been through it 3 times now. I can't find what I missed, or where I might have gone wrong. I have everything I need for the potion in my inventory, I've solved the puzzles, but the instructions haven't shown up in the journal like the walkthrough says it should after you solve the book puzzle. Apparently, until they show up, I can't do the potion, but I don't know what else there is to do! I've wandered all around the town, in every nook and cranny, pressing the hint button, but there's nothing left to do, it seems. Where did I go wrong?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 29, 10 1:39 PM
Bummer.
I suppose you have already tried going back to the jail and clicking on the book and then your journal to see if the recipe has appeared?
Are you able to click on the table in the apothecary and place the ingredients on it? The first is the egg.

[Post New]by Rhianna19 on Dec 29, 10 1:45 PM
I've tapped all over the book, and nothing happens. I've put the egg on the table, and when I press the hint button, little hands appear over 3 items on the table, indicating I can pick them up, but I can't! I tap all of them over and over, and nothing happens, not even a message saying I can't do something yet. If the hands are there, you should be able to pick up the items, right?

[Post New]by Rhianna19 on Dec 29, 10 1:50 PM
Also, the last thing in the journal is the hint about needing something sweet to cure a fiendish tongue, but I've found the maple syrup, given it to the girl who couldn't talk, and she gave me her item, but none of that is in the journal either. The journal isn't up to where I am. Shouldn't it be?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 29, 10 1:52 PM
OK, do you have to place all of the items on the table first (as I said, it has been a while since I played this game so I can't remember exactly what I did as I didn't have your problem).
Has the recipe been covered by other journal entries? I suppose you have already checked through the journal several times!!

[Post New]by Rhianna19 on Dec 29, 10 1:54 PM
Oy, I got it. I feel so stupid now. I just needed to DRAG the tools over. I kept tapping and tapping...ugh. Thanks for helping! I really appreciate it!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 29, 10 2:02 PM
No problemo. I'm only too glad that you managed to work it out. Not stupid, just an Arrrrg moment that we all have at times.
Enjoy the rest of the game.
Cheers.

Go to: