Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

My Vote for Customer Game of the Year

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Dec 29, 10 6:34 PM
Sorry - but I did not buy or like 90% of the games voted the best this year for customer choice awards. Just because more people buy the game doesn't mean the game is actually liked - a lot of hype goes into some of these games.

Now Awakening: Moonfell Wood is fabulous! Much better then MCF 13th Skull even! and it was good as long as you got the full ending from the collector's edition.

But Moonfell's graphics, rippling water, music, and storyline was fabulous. Lots of game play (8.33 hrs.) without walkthrough and only skipping 2 puzzles (because tired and didn't want to leave game at that instant - not because couldn't figure them out). Had some challenging, but not overly mind boggling mini-games. So thankful to have a light and cheerful game without murder and revenge and voodoo and occult all over the place - sorry but some of us simply don't like all that darkness, murder and mayhem. This game was so much fun and so imaginative, humorous at times and clever challenges as to what you do next! I can barely wait for the next one to come out!

Only one very minor complaint and that was the fairy clues weren't very helpful - so you had to think outside the box! I think this deserved to be at least in the top five if not #1!

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re:My Vote for Customer Game of the Year

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Dec 30, 10 10:43 AM
I'm with you completely,I actually disliked MCF 13th skull and I usually love MCF games,I have them all !!! Have only played the demo of Moonfell Wood but I'm going to buy this game,I think it makes a very pleasant change from the dark,macabre and creepy ones and what is it with asylums at the moment? I do like those games but we've had overkill if you'll pardon the expression!! I like puzzles and picking up objects and the lists aren't too tedious so think I'll be very happy.Happy New Year gaming to you.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jan 5, 11 3:41 PM
I am in complete agreement with the Game of the Year Award! I have not been playing games of this nature for very long. I accidentally found the site <or maybe the site found me?> and play the demo of just about every HOG offered! If the game does not grab me within the first hour I will not waste my time or money. And when I played this demo I was actually sad when the hour ended! I was not implusive though. I had a game credit coming and I waited for that. And it was SO worth the wait.

I tend to cheat and use the WT too much. <that's the result of trying to get a lot out of a demo I suppose> I will go back and play this one without the demo to see how I can do on my own. I can't believe it just went on and on....I bought the prequel today and though it was pretty and interesting, I was sad that it was so much shorter,
I surely cannot wait for the third one!

And how long to you have to post to become a Guppy anyway? <g>

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Jan 5, 11 7:37 PM
Sorry to disagree...I do not think either Moonfell or 13th deserve GOTY...
My vote goes to Haunted Halls: Greenhill Sanitarium...

I agree about the graphics of Moonfell, though!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 5, 11 8:43 PM
I also have to disagree. It may be a great game, but it is the only BF game that totally crashed my computer. I'm not the only one this happened to. I have not heard of an update.

vakrow
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by vakrow on Jan 6, 11 10:15 AM
My Favorite was snark busters Val

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Jan 12, 11 11:13 PM
mcurty wrote:I also have to disagree. It may be a great game, but it is the only BF game that totally crashed my computer. I'm not the only one this happened to. I have not heard of an update.

There was a bug that caused a number of computers with a specific set of video cards to crash when you encountered a specific visual effect. A patch that fixes this was uploaded earlier this week that should fix this. Our apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you again for playing our games!

Chris Natsuume, Boomzap

Chaorite
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

[Post New]by Chaorite on Jan 13, 11 6:41 AM
I agree. .

To hell with simply finding objects in a pile of goods. Challenge us a bit and give us something that makes us have to think and explore. This one really fit the bill perfectly.

If you liked this then you'll adore Mystery Age The Dark Priests also.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 13, 11 6:59 AM
For me it would be hard to pick between Midnight Mysteries: The Salem Witch Trials and Mystery Trackers: The Void.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jan 17, 11 10:00 AM
My sentiments exactly joyfull - I love this game and was overjoyed to get away from all the dark games for a change.

AZbratnNY
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by AZbratnNY on Jan 18, 11 4:01 PM
[b] YES>>YES!!! one of my fav's in the last yr..I never could get walkthrough(blog) I just took a break, and yes, figured it out...must admit, changing rms, is challenging, but I couldnt stop, just took breaks. eyes were getting tired....LOVED IT>>MORE PLSE..give this person a BIG RAISE!!! tks for help from other fishes, stuck, learned from their responses.....back to the pond....chow 4 now

Go to: