bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Ed technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 30, 10 12:42 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 01/18/2011 at 4:26:13 PM PST

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re: Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Ed technical issues h

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Dec 30, 10 2:42 AM
Well, this time I tried the full hour before buying, although I thought it was great after 10 min. I had problems with the last collectors edition game that I bought after only trying it for a short time ( I learned my lesson). However, with this game about 30 min after I bought it, it shut itself down and I had an access violation. This has never happened to me before with any game. All of my stuff is current on my pc, thanks to tech support after my last C/E game problem from last week. Just thought you should know. I am going to try and go back and play again to see if it does it again. If anyone has had this problem in the past with another game, could you tell me what you did? Thanks

Well, I was able to go back and finish the game with no more problems. Maybe it was just a fluke.

Edited on 12/30/2010 at 6:21:14 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re: Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Ed technical issues h

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 30, 10 2:48 AM
LEOTA26 wrote:Well, this time I tried the full hour before buying, although I thought it was great after 10 min. I had problems with the last collectors edition game that I bought after only trying it for a short time ( I learned my lesson). However, with this game about 30 min after I bought it, it shut itself down and I had an access violation. This has never happened to me before with any game. All of my stuff is current on my pc, thanks to tech support after my last C/E game problem from last week. Just thought you should know. I am going to try and go back and play again to see if it does it again. If anyone has had this problem in the past with another game, could you tell me what you did? Thanks.

That is awful The whole point of the demo is to avoid this type of thing I so hope that you get it sorted

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re: Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Ed technical issues her

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 30, 10 3:50 AM
Leo, may be you don't check the game right. As I was "burned" before with many tech problems - here is what I do, until now:

1) Play 10 minutes.
2) Quit the game.
3) Double-click on the short-cut, to enter the game again.
4) Check where the game leads - the screen I left, the beginning of the chapter, some other comment, as error, auto-save doesn't work, etc.

Only if you are able to re-enter the game and play - you can buy the game. Otherwise don't.

tinysteps
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re: Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Ed technical issues her

[Post New]by tinysteps on Dec 30, 10 5:42 AM
I am having a problem with the top of the screen being cut off. This is an issue because I am unable to read all the instructions and hints.

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Dec 30, 10 6:05 AM
I am having a problem. I got interested and did not watch the time so got cut off at the end of the hour trial. I was just in the process of adding the seed packets to the jars in the atrium.

After purchase the game does not let me back to finish, but when I press the hint button it shows that is where I have to go.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Does anyone have a solution?

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Dec 30, 10 6:38 AM
Tinysteps, I had the same problem in a couple of games a while back. I have a flat screen monitor with Auto, volume and light adjustment buttons. I pressed Auto and it resized and adjusted the screen to the right size. I don't know if this helps but good luck. There is probably an adjustment in control panel too. Someone a lot more knowledgable than me may be able to point you in the right direction.

PS. Am just downloading trial now.

Edited on 12/30/2010 at 6:42:03 AM PST

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Dec 30, 10 6:56 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Leo, may be you don't check the game right. As I was "burned" before with many tech problems - here is what I do, until now:

1) Play 10 minutes.
2) Quit the game.
3) Double-click on the short-cut, to enter the game again.
4) Check where the game leads - the screen I left, the beginning of the chapter, some other comment, as error, auto-save doesn't work, etc.

Only if you are able to re-enter the game and play - you can buy the game. Otherwise don't.

What a very sensible idea! It could have saved me some heartaches in the past. I'm going to post this prominently by my computer! Thank you!

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Dec 30, 10 7:08 AM
And yet another game that goes to the load up screen and then nothing!

This is becoming an old habit for BFGs lately! This is another game I will never even get to play the demo of.

The quality of the games that have came out lately are really starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth. I LOVE CEs but if I cannot even get to play the demos anymore then why bother with buying those that I can.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 30, 10 7:35 AM
It is a bit disconcerting to hear that so many have problems with the games. I have never had any problem loading/re-entering games/etc. Could it be the computer, settings, service provider, etc rather than the game? I don't have any suggestions to offer as I haven't yet had problems. (Knock on wood!)

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 30, 10 7:43 AM
dragonfairy5 wrote:And yet another game that goes to the load up screen and then nothing!

This is becoming an old habit for BFGs lately! This is another game I will never even get to play the demo of.

The quality of the games that have came out lately are really starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth. I LOVE CEs but if I cannot even get to play the demos anymore then why bother with buying those that I can.

You seem to have a lot of problems with games, unfortunately. I presume that you have been in contact with CS? They really are the best! I am not just saying that here in the forum...... What OS are you running? I DO hope that you get these problems solved. Happy New Year in hope.....

yhtt
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by yhtt on Dec 30, 10 9:04 AM
I too had exactly the same problem! Had made myself play the full 60 min trial before buying but after another half hour the access violation message popped up and closed the game down. I am so annoyed about it as I was really enjoying the game, such a good one and not before time. I'll try again later fingers crossed.

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on Dec 30, 10 10:53 AM
tinysteps wrote:I am having a problem with the top of the screen being cut off. This is an issue because I am unable to read all the instructions and hints.

I have the same problem. I wanted to buy it but there is no point if I can't see what it says!

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Dec 30, 10 11:40 AM
I, too have the very top and the very bottom edge of the game cut off. This happened on another game I downloaded, and I just uninstalled it. How disappointing! I think I have played this game before, maybe I beta'd it. Hope someone has a solution to all of us who are losing our tops and bottoms. LOL

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

Re: Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Ed technical issues

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Dec 30, 10 11:43 AM
I have the same problem too, can't read what it says on top of game screen. This same thing happen to me with the new game, Awakenings: Moonfell Wood. I also notice this game is setup like the Awakening game too. Anyone else notice? Now....I have 2 games with the same problem....can't see all of the top and bottom of game screen. HELP!!!!

New1 wrote:
tinysteps wrote:I am having a problem with the top of the screen being cut off. This is an issue because I am unable to read all the instructions and hints.

I have the same problem. I wanted to buy it but there is no point if I can't see what it says!

honorelle
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by honorelle on Dec 30, 10 11:53 AM
I had an access violation error at 54 mins into the demo, during Chapter 2 - The Missing Cat, at the river. I got back into the game for all of the remaining 6 minutes, and purchased and played through with no further crashes.

But the Bonus content was buggy. I had firemap.jpg and other file/reference nonsense popping up when I clicked on the bulletin board or the knights, amongst others. I completed it, but it was annoying and fixable.

[Post New]by MsBridgit1 on Dec 30, 10 11:55 AM
this is the second game I've tried in the last week and top and bottom are cut off...any hints on what to do???

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Dec 30, 10 1:04 PM
Everything worked great until I tried to put my boots in the mud--then the game froze and locked up my computer. I had to do a hard quit and reboot to get out ot it. Anyone else have this problem?

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Dec 30, 10 1:17 PM

I'm having the same problem. Can't see the top of the screen and this is the second game in two weeks in which this occurs. Never had the problem before so why is it happening now?

[Post New]by babyblackcat on Dec 30, 10 3:58 PM
Having the same problem with top and bottom cut off. Can't read wgat to do or hints - just trying to guess my way through. Looks like a good game but I won't be buying it when I read of access errors and the screen being cut off!!

Go to: