Storehouse x 3
Quarry
Workshop
Smithy
Quarry x 2
Smithy x 2
Workshop x 2
Pig Farm x 2

But where in the sequence is the air balloon????????????????? Aye????

I've played this so many time and have tried every angle and can't figure it out. I run out of time with 2 road pavements and one rune.

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Episode 4, Level 9

[Post New]by sipason on Dec 30, 10 3:11 AM
If you need more gold or stone, build goldmine or quarry faster than the previous play.
If you have more work to do, stop picking up useless resources.

I revised the build order in my video a little bit and stopped picking up wood from sawmill if I had much more work to do and I can't use wood by any means.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 30, 10 4:25 PM
video? You made a video, where is it. Yes, I've kept track of that and have also revised some of those things, still can't make it.

Linda1210
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Linda1210 on Dec 31, 10 8:02 AM
I cannot get this one either. Anyone have any more advice to share?

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 31, 10 4:53 PM
YIPPY, I've viewed your video several time and then played a few times and I finally did it. Thank you so much. Now I can play the bonus level.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 31, 10 4:56 PM
PS sipason: How do you send a message using the My messages. You don't have to make a video to explain just instruction. Thanks, And Happy New Year

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Dec 31, 10 7:47 PM
Cromaxgal wrote:PS sipason: How do you send a message using the My messages. You don't have to make a video to explain just instruction. Thanks, And Happy New Year

Roll over mouse cursor or click PM button in posts or user profiles.
Then you can send a private message to that user.

[Post New]by lbritton on Jan 1, 11 5:28 AM
Cromaxgal wrote:video? You made a video, where is it. Yes, I've kept track of that and have also revised some of those things, still can't make it.

where is the video?

[Post New]by Mistybelle_11 on Jan 1, 11 1:04 PM
The info you gave was very helpful but I still run short at the end, could you please tell me where I can find your video clip so that I can watch it and maybe get a better idea of how to finish in expert mode.
thanx

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Jan 1, 11 7:17 PM
sipason wrote:I want to post playlist link, but mods won't like it...
so please search with 'Roads of Rome 2 Playthrough' in youtube and you'll find a playlist.

The basic tips are...

- Build storehouse fast. This increases your resource income.
- Use bonus items frequently. Only 1 bonus item can exist in the level, so 'next items' won't be generated if you never use existing bonus item.
- If you've failed the level, build appropriate buildings faster. (If you need more gold however you have useless stones instead at the end of the level, build quarry later and gold mine faster than the previous play.) Also, don't pick up useless resources if your workers have other works to do.
- Workers use hammer for building roads and buildings, so hammer bonus and smithy increase building speed. In contrast, workshop and axe bonus increase speed of other various tasks.

oh, well.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 3, 11 8:53 AM
I finally just focussed on getting that little goober out of the road first of all:

Camp X 2
Sawmill, get key for transporter, build pig farm X1
Build mine X3 because I kept running out of gold
Then I upgraded my mill and pig farm after the mine was X3

But I didn't touch anything else that needed gold or food until I had him out of the way. After that everything went fine.

After I got him out of the way I upgraded my storehouse and started on the workshop and the other one to increase my hammer and pick speed.

It was close in the end, but I did it.

mjdixon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mjdixon on Jan 8, 11 2:18 PM
Thank you sipason....I finally watched your video and MADE IT!

The key for me was getting four guys...for some reason I never tried that. Thanks again.

Go to: