Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

I would love to know....

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 30, 10 2:20 PM
which intellectually gifted light came up with that strategy guide?!?!?!? This has to be the most incomplete and useless one I've ever seen.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

I would love to know....

[Post New]by MargieB on Dec 30, 10 2:31 PM
Micha1234 wrote:which intellectually gifted light came up with that strategy guide?!?!?!? This has to be the most incomplete and useless one I've ever seen.

I wrote the strategy guide for the game. What do you feel is missing from there? The guide is complete, I can guarantee it and it was checked at the office to ensure its accuracy.

Most people did not notice that you have to slide the bar on the right to view all the text. otherwise the guide looks incomplete.

Here are some tips on using the built-n strategy guide in Death at Fairing point: A Dana Knightstone Novel CE. This information is included in the guide but wanted to post separately for easier access.

• To access the built-in Strategy Guide, click on the Menu Tab in the lower left and then click on the Strategy Guide Button.

• Click on any one of the chapters to navigate straight to that section by clicking on one of the thumbnails (pictures).

Use the sliding bar on the right side to read through all the information on that page.

Click on a screenshot to enlarge it. Click on “Previous” and “Next” at the bottom of the page to scroll through all available screens. Click outside the pop-up window to close it.

• Click on the “Table of Contents” and then “Back” to return to the game.

MargieB

Edited on 12/30/2010 at 2:32:55 PM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:I would love to know....

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 30, 10 2:54 PM
YOU wrote this?!?!? I can't believe it!!!!!

I had so many places in the guide where I couldn't figure out what to do. I.e. the rag in the second chapter. Nowhere in the guide did it mention how to get the rag wet. The mailbox wasn't mentioned at all (same chapter). So far I'm in chapter three and there are some places where the guide is missing stuff, too ....woman...you cought me so off guard now I can't think .

Is it possible I didn't get the whole guide in my download?

I know that your guides are usually complete. So now I'm totally lost why I'm missing so much.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Dec 30, 10 3:09 PM
Micha1234 wrote:YOU wrote this?!?!? I can't believe it!!!!!

I had so many places in the guide where I couldn't figure out what to do. I.e. the rag in the second chapter. Nowhere in the guide did it mention how to get the rag wet. The mailbox wasn't mentioned at all (same chapter). So far I'm in chapter three and there are some places where the guide is missing stuff, too ....woman...you cought me so off guard now I can't think .

Is it possible I didn't get the whole guide in my download?

I know that your guides are usually complete. So now I'm totally lost why I'm missing so much.

Hey Mcha1234

Not sure if the total guide was not downloaded, I think you may not be using the sliding bar to read the whole text. unless you slide it, information will appear as if it is missing.

I just looked at the guide and here is where I found the info you mentioned was missing.

The RAG information and the MAILBOX info can both be found on page 7 - Chapter 2 of the guide, slide the bar, it's at the bottom.

MargieB

Edited on 12/30/2010 at 3:10:15 PM PST

suzeq25
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by suzeq25 on Dec 31, 10 12:25 PM
I had the same problem at first. I would go page to page in the strategy guide and think "why is so much of the information missing?" I had totally missed the scroll bar on the side! Once I figured this out, everything made total sense.

Thanks MargieB, your walkthroughs and guides are excellent!

laurah65
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by laurah65 on Dec 31, 10 12:59 PM
Thanks, Margie B, your strategy guides is excelllent and this one is also. At first I was alittle lost but went back several time and I found I had forgot to do something. When I forgot something that was required I could not get whatever it was until that part in the game was complete. I also did not know to slide the bar on te right until I read your post in the forum. This is when I notice i was mis-reading some of the information for the game. Thanks!!

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Dec 31, 10 5:31 PM
*Giggle*

I had the same problem as Micha1234. I was all ready to throw up my hands and demand a refund from CS for a CE game whose instructions were incomplete.

I knew the knob was missing, and there was nothing I could do to find it!

Boy! When I get on my high horse, nothing can get me down (unfortunately).

Come to find out that I forgot to use the slider button (with the pretty blue gem) that's on the right side of the Strategy Guide. Silly me, I was just paging back and forth. Once I saw MargieB's explanation, I was all, oh, golly, shucks, duh, that's what she meant!

Sorry, MargieB, you were right, and we were wrong! Mea Culpa!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 3, 11 6:43 AM
Hey Suzeq25, laurah65, and Sablesshadow. Glad to hear that the information regarding using the Strategy Guide came in handy!!!

MargieB

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 3, 11 6:50 AM
I didn't use the strategy guide that often. Only when I returned to the game and of course couldn't begin to remember what I was doing. (It's an ongoing problem.) I didn't figure out how to scroll it either, but I did find it very useful I always find Margie B's walkthroughs totally and utterly sound. Thanks Margie B!!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 3, 11 7:01 AM
Since this was my first ever CE, boy was I disappointed
with the built in Stratagy Guide. Kept saying to myself,
this is nowhere as good as Margie B's walkthroughs.
I should have waited. Duh!, finially realized what the
slide was.

Once that senior moment was past, the Guide was
great. And imagine the chuckle when I got to the
forums and found out who wrote it.

Margie B, you rock.

Go to: