bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 31, 10 12:12 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower

[Post New]by thistle809 on Dec 31, 10 1:20 AM
A walkthrough would be nice.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Dec 31, 10 1:31 AM
Been playing this game for over an hour now and love it but am also stuck at the moment so it certainly makes you think, at this rate I'll still be playing next week, anyway I have bought it.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 31, 10 1:59 AM
Thank you, goofyduck! I thought that there is some glitch with the hints, giving me only the shape of the object, but not the location.

Why? Have I sinned, to be "punished" without objects' locations?

...Developers don't give me the locations? - I won't give them the money!

Happy new year, fishies!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Dec 31, 10 2:16 AM
Great graphics and quirky game play make this an interesting game. I am stuck though at the Toy Shop and have no clue how to reverse the fire. Clicking on the watch doesn't help, nor does clicking on the Hints. It may take me a while to figure this out but i will keep at it until the hour ends or the WT is ready. Can't say yet if I will buy or know. It is interesting and a bit different.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 31, 10 2:19 AM
I am DL now and cant wait to try. Just popped in to wish everyone a very Happy New Year. Thank you BFG for making my evenings incredibly fun with all your games. See you all next year. Cheers

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 31, 10 2:26 AM
Good review Goofy, .

LOL it took me a while to remember to use the pocket watch to get useful items to materialise out of thin air when I had exhausted everything in an area and could not advance any further but after I got that in my thick skull I enjoyed playing this game and will be purchasing it ... tomorrow.

I found out about the coal and diamonds by clicking on the Achievements button before I started playing but, what is different is that these two items plus the missing gears can also be found in the hidden object scenes so keep your eyes peeled. The pieces of black coal are minute but they do sparkle after a while so it is possible to find them, the diamonds are much easier to spot.

The one thing that really bugged me about this game is that I found myself exiting an area unintentionally because the exit area is at least 2 inches high at the bottom of the screen and is very sensitive when you put your cursor anywhere near.

I agree with Goofy that it is more of an adventure game than a HOG so try it first.

Cherb

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 31, 10 2:28 AM
Verrry intersting. The guy reminds me of a Dr. Who type of guy with the girl being his assistant. I have played for 30 minutes and got into the toystore, after "buying something from there to help me. An unusual game and probably worth spending a credit on. Note, it is not a CE. Looking at the map, and going on how far I have got, I estimate it will be about 4 hours play for me. The review by Goofyduck has said it all. Thank you as usual. The controls do take some getting used to. Have fun with this everyone as it really is different.
PS. Things like the black bars at the side never seem to bother me, as long as the graphics are clear.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 31, 10 2:31 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Good review Goofy, .

LOL it took me a while to remember to use the pocket watch to get useful items to materialise out of thin air when I had exhausted everything in an area and could not advance any further but after I got that in my thick skull I enjoyed playing this game and will be purchasing it ... tomorrow.

I found out about the coal and diamonds by clicking on the Achievements button before I started playing but, what is different is that these two items plus the missing gears can also be found in the hidden object scenes so keep your eyes peeled. The pieces of black coal are minute but they do sparkle after a while so it is possible to find them, the diamonds are much easier to spot.

The one thing that really bugged me about this game is that I found myself exiting an area unintentionally because the exit area is at least 2 inches high at the bottom of the screen and is very sensitive when you put your cursor anywhere near.
I agree with Goofy that it is more of an adventure game than a HOG so try it first.

Cherb

Yes, I agree with this Cherb

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Dec 31, 10 2:33 AM
Hi!

You reverse the fire like this; First you click on the watch and there should be something popping up. on the thing popping up there is a straight line on the top of it and if you drag the little arrow on top of it to the other side it should stop almost. Then pick up the burning stick on the ground and use it to thaw the way to the general store. Hope this helps you. Happy New Year everyone

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Dec 31, 10 2:58 AM
Just finished the demo and absolutely love this game (makes up for the problems with yesterdays TGT!!!) - really peeved though cos I have filled up my puncard for December and will have to wait until tomorrow to get it!!!
Anyway, I would like to wish all fishies around the world A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR
from limey-scale in the UK

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 31, 10 3:34 AM
It's a no buy for me Beautifully done game, but i found the voices very irritating. Also checked the w/through and I'm halfway through already, so it seems like a short game with little replay value. Have fun the rest of you though!!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Dec 31, 10 3:43 AM
This is a bit of an oddball kind of game, sort of quirky, but it's got lots of charm (so far--30 Minutes?). Good voice acting (the heroine sounds a little like Olivia Newton-John), nice graphics, smooth custom cursor, interesting storyline. The developer is the very same one that brought us "Mishap--An Accidental Haunting" and "Mishap 2--An Intentional Haunting." I think BFG has given us back-to-back winners for the last two days of the year! And this fills my 2nd punchcard!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 31, 10 3:53 AM
I won't waste your time by repeating what Goofyduck77, cherbtoo and Peglegann have already said. This is just a comment.

I really like the game, played a 1/2 hour of it and bought it! I am a sucker for those beautiful graphics and you're not worn to a frazzle moving from H0 scene to H0 scene. If you're a HOG aficionado.......skip this game....you will not be happy.
I think it rates
Dr.good
p.s. great job ladies!............as always.

Minnihopps
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Minnihopps on Dec 31, 10 3:59 AM
Well, well. Here it is. This will be interesting. Got this game to beta test some time ago, and was not able to play it. It just froze when I should put in playername.
DL now, and hoping it will work.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and Happy New Year to everybody

It's working, and I love it.

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 5:18:13 AM PST

[Post New]by street on Dec 31, 10 5:08 AM
Looks like a fantastic game. Can't wait for walkthrough in order to continue playing. Kind of stuck looking to repair the bridge. Well anyway, wanted to wish BFG a Happy New Year.Thanks for bringing great games for 2010.Looking forward for what games you will have for 2011 !!! Happy New Year to All Gamers,,,

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Dec 31, 10 5:12 AM
its a no buy for me too
just coulnt make sense of it at all
i usually like these type of games too
uninstalled after 15 mins

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Dec 31, 10 5:48 AM
Different in so many ways. A little more info to start with would have been nice. Picked up the first diamond without knowing it was important. The coal is hard to see sometimes so look every scene over carefully. Still don't know how important, but only played for 20 minutes so far. This game is a maybe at this point.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Dec 31, 10 6:21 AM
vicalana wrote:It's a no buy for me Beautifully done game, but i found the voices very irritating.
OMG yes! The fake British accents and bad acting are SO annoying. I mostly can't stand game voices in general and would much rather read whatever I need to. (I can barely take the voices in SH Hound of the Baskervilles and they're pretty well done.) A no-buy for me, I'm afraid. But wanted to add...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, FISHIES EVERYWHERE!!!

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 6:27:28 AM PST

[Post New]by sarahbera1218 on Dec 31, 10 6:33 AM
I played the beta of this game and liked it, so I'm hoping the full game will be good too

Go to: