bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 31, 10 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

Re:Post any Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower technical issues here only

[Post New]by ScaniX on Dec 31, 10 2:50 AM
Games looks ok with widescreen support and all, but the mouse cursor moves as if there is strawberry jam on the screen (why strawberry? because it's my favourite).
Maybe this is because my computer is too fast. ^^
I have a high end Win 7 gaming machine, so the pc speed is not an issue. Must be some frame syncing problem. I hope there will be an update, before this is not very playable as there is no hardware cursor option available here.

TBat55
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by TBat55 on Dec 31, 10 4:09 AM
I could not Uninstall this game. The Uninstall program ran then hung up at the end. Could not end the program using Task Manager. Had to reboot and manually remove all registry entries.

[Post New]by muesliriegel on Dec 31, 10 4:56 AM
I have a serious prob with starting this game - it shuts down all running programmes and restarts my laptop everytime I try to play. Every kind of driver is updated and this prob never happened so far with any other kind of game.

Could you pls have a look into this? Thanks.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Dec 31, 10 6:14 AM
muesliriegel wrote:I have a serious prob with starting this game - it shuts down all running programmes and restarts my laptop everytime I try to play. Every kind of driver is updated and this prob never happened so far with any other kind of game.

Could you pls have a look into this? Thanks.

i am having the same problem too
altho i am on my home desktop not a laptop. also when it automatically rebooted it ran a disk check..as if my pc shut down improperly...
the last time i tried the game i lost my internet connection too..dunno if that was a coincidence or not ??

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 31, 10 6:31 AM
I can't run the game either. I have windows 7, 64 bit.
I get a windowed screen - black - and that's it. The program keeps minimizing itself.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 31, 10 6:31 AM
I cannot download this game at all - I've tried 3 times and it starts to d/l but then I get a "download error" message.

Sounds like there are a few issues with this game, so I guess I'll just wait for a few days before I try it again - hopefully then, the problems will be corrected !!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 31, 10 7:22 AM
I got mine somewhat to play after I closed down all my other windows, especially my firefox, but only in a windowed mode.
Trying to go full screen made the program go nuts.
Also in the toy emporium my cursor disappeared. So I had to quit.

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mdcrab13 on Dec 31, 10 7:48 AM
Hey Big Fish - This is two days in a row you have put out HOG games that don't work! Yesterday everyone's problem was with "Curse of the Ghost Ship" not working at all and now today it is "Clockwork Tower"! Get your act together for us in the pond! Not enjoying gaming with you these days and I do a lot of games with you. Another one down the tube!

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Dec 31, 10 7:53 AM
No problems with the download or running - although again, I would really wish this game offered Wide screen without me having to change my overall screen settings!

However, I think I may have found a glitch in a museum puzzle. It is the carving which is a mosaic slide type. I've put all the missing pieces in and the puzzle starts (with instructions and the skip generation), however, if one doesn't click precisely on the arrows when they highlight - (and they are very small indeed), you are taken back out of the puzzle and when you go back in, it has reset. At 1st I thought it was because the pocket watch was buzzing and wanted me to find the diamond gear in the area, so I did that, but still having the same problem. If I wasn't supposed to do that game at this point, then it shouldn't allow me to, so assume it is a glitch. Very very annoying, am about to copy this into an email and submit a ticket for it.

ETA, although must say, I was very much enjoying the game!

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 8:19:47 AM PST

[Post New]by Grandmommy2005 on Dec 31, 10 9:28 AM
mine kept coming up in full screen then it only showed the desktop so when i clicked on it on the bottom task bar it would come up and read click to go back to full screen and when i clicked it would do the same thing all over again so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same thing so its a waste of my time trying to play this game

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Dec 31, 10 10:24 AM
jobynana wrote:

....However, I think I may have found a glitch in a museum puzzle. It is the carving which is a mosaic slide type. I've put all the missing pieces in and the puzzle starts (with instructions and the skip generation), however, if one doesn't click precisely on the arrows when they highlight - (and they are very small indeed), you are taken back out of the puzzle and when you go back in, it has reset. ..... If I wasn't supposed to do that game at this point, then it shouldn't allow me to, so assume it is a glitch. Very very annoying, am about to copy this into an email and submit a ticket for it.

ETA, although must say, I was very much enjoying the game!

This is NOT a glitch in the game.

Click on a piece to highlight and then click on the empty slot to move the piece to the empty slot .

The arrow just shows the direction the tile you clicked on will travel to.

There is a link to the video solution in the walkthrough in case you need it.

Good Luck

MargieB

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 10:46:48 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 31, 10 11:22 AM

The game kicks me out about half way through.
I've quit game manager and tried to get back into the game 3 times but consistently get kicked out at the same place.
The game will not even reload.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 31, 10 12:14 PM
I am having a problem with the bridge, When i try to put the wood on the bridge it freezes and this is the second game i bought that has problems..
do you suppose this will be fixed also, the axe did the same thing i had to get out of the game..many times.. this is upsetting to me..

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Dec 31, 10 12:57 PM
Micha1234 wrote:I can't run the game either. I have windows 7, 64 bit.
I get a windowed screen - black - and that's it. The program keeps minimizing itself.

Kinda got same problem. Using HP laptop (windows 7) and ext. screen, got windowed black screen on laptop (main screen where games usually appear) and got game suddenly to appear on ext. screen. Cursor going nuts on main but finally worked on ext. menu. Definitely not the best bug tested game BF has put out.

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 12:58:15 PM PST

Amaootta
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Amaootta on Dec 31, 10 1:42 PM
My game doesn't even start at all, getting a black screen and read access errors in nymph_win -folder's only file 1.aeg which is the game data I guess. Tried reinstalling but no help

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 31, 10 1:44 PM
jkuci wrote:
The game kicks me out about half way through.
I've quit game manager and tried to get back into the game 3 times but consistently get kicked out at the same place.
The game will not even reload.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it works now. It started again from where I was kicked out so my progress was obviously kept.

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Dec 31, 10 2:18 PM
I have a new computer with pretty much everything you could want, this is the first game that won't play at all. I was pretty dissappointed as it looked like it would be a good one. It kept going into the task bar when I started it and wouldn't do anything. I am going to delete it-there's a bug somewhere. There was a comment very similar to mine in this discussion but thought it was pretty significant to report. Hope there is a fix!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 31, 10 4:09 PM
whhhaaaaa,,,, i was happily playing along, got to where you board the train, got a error msg "nymph has stopped working" and game crashed, when i tried to reenter all my save info was GONE.......i asked for a refund, i hate replaying all over again.....bummer

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Dec 31, 10 4:49 PM
I really like the game. But...I picked the dandelions and when I left the courtyard the dandelions disappeared from my inventory. Is this a glitch? I also bought a diamond gear in the store and that disappeared.

Go to: