karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Watch

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 31, 10 8:47 AM
It may be me just being stupid (high possibility) but I cannot get the watch to work. It glows and then I click on it to reveal 'out of flux' items but nothing happens. Is this what I'm supposed to do?

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Re:Watch

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 31, 10 10:24 AM
Maybe I have not explained this well enough? I cannot proceed any further with the demo as I don't know how to use the watch.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Dec 31, 10 10:27 AM
karen876 wrote:Maybe I have not explained this well enough? I cannot proceed any further with the demo as I don't know how to use the watch.

There are 3 different ways of using the pocket watch. If you tell us which section you are in we can help you get through it.

MargieB

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 10:27:37 AM PST

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Dec 31, 10 11:10 AM
karen876 wrote:Maybe I have not explained this well enough? I cannot proceed any further with the demo as I don't know how to use the watch.

Click the watch and it will "hang" at your curser.
Hoover over the scene and look at the pocket watch - in the middle you have bars which will get more and more colored as more near you come to the object.

As you are in the demo time - you will hardly see an object, but a something like a light brown curly cloud. Click it and you will see the object more clearly. Click it again to get the object into your inventory.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 31, 10 11:45 AM
The Watch doesn't hang at my cursor. It does nothing. I'm only at the start of the game (less than 15 mins into demo time). I think that I will just delete it.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Dec 31, 10 11:52 AM
karen876 wrote:The Watch doesn't hang at my cursor. It does nothing. I'm only at the start of the game (less than 15 mins into demo time). I think that I will just delete it.

The watch will not work until you collect the first 3 gears and assemble them onto the watch. Have you done that yet?

You can then use it by the staircase. The pocketwatch will glow ONLY when it can be used in a particular area.

The first time you use it, pick it up and run it around the scene ( by the elevator) to make an item appear out of thin air so to speak.

Good Luck

MargieB

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 11:53:35 AM PST

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 31, 10 12:05 PM
Margie Thanks for the reply. I have done the first gear game (obviously) but can get no further.
I don't think that I'm an apprentice at this type of game but I am no master either. The 'Watch' just does not work for me.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Dec 31, 10 4:54 PM
After you click on the watch move the clock cursor around the room until it reveals something. Then you can click on that item.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 31, 10 5:42 PM
Thanks all for replying. I get no different cursor. No watch hanging on the end of the cursor, nothing. Looks like that I have hit a glitch that no-one else has.
Back to Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened. That is a game that I can understand.

Go to: