bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

G2 - Geeks Unleashed - Released on July 03, 2007

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
G2 - Geeks Unleashed is a strategic puzzle game that will pit the player against some of the smartest, yet geekiest opponents on the planet. This unique game is highly addictive: at first glance, it seems very easy, but the more you play, the more you realize that strategy is required. Go on a grand geek-tacular adventure at a collectors convention and meet several entertaining geeks.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

Re:G2 - Geeks Unleashed - Released on July 03, 2007

[Post New]by Tailteann on Nov 30, 09 4:32 AM
I think claims about the addictiveness of this game might be somewhat overstated.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Nov 30, 09 4:52 AM
Says it gets harder the further along you get ... I lost the first round

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 30, 09 5:29 AM
MojaveRain - you made me lmao nearly off the bed. That was my first shot at one shooter game the other night. Blam! you lost. Blam Blam! Out of lives. Based on your one liner review maybe I can't even afford the time to load the demo then can't activate it or exit without ctr alt del.
(oh you are so funny, said so much with so few words)

EDIT Tailteann the addictive part of some of these is determined to get them to load and run, you can really obsess on that step sometimes, then try to get the icon off your desktop when even Trash won't take that file on uninstall.

Edited on 11/30/2009 at 5:34:41 AM PST

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Nov 30, 09 6:32 AM
You'd have laughed harder had you seen my face; I had thought I was doing quite well

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Nov 30, 09 7:46 AM
I downloaded and decided to try this game. I agree with a previous post ("then try to get the icon off your desktop when even Trash won't take that file on uninstall") because the game uninstalled, but the icon remains. I tried deleting the icon, but got the message "this is no longer located in ....". Trust the next reboot will solve the problem.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Nov 30, 09 5:53 PM
puzzledone wrote:
EDIT Tailteann the addictive part of some of these is determined to get them to load and run, you can really obsess on that step sometimes, then try to get the icon off your desktop when even Trash won't take that file on uninstall.

I was just teasing puzzledone, as it's stated how addictive it is by the makers (I'd been googling it earlier too) and yet no one seemed to playing or talking about G2 until it was on sale today.

Here's a review I found that cites a reason why some might be having problems in the early levels.

From N4G:

"I wouldn't disagree that the game's theme is enough to make some queasy, especially because the first series of levels are loaded with rather esoteric fantasy RPG references (and if you're able to ford through that, you'll actually get to meet fashionistas and superhero wannabes). Putting those bits aside, you might actually realize that Geeks2: Geeks Unleashed does present an interesting gameplay concept.""

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Nov 30, 09 5:57 PM
rainbowtree wrote:I downloaded and decided to try this game. I agree with a previous post ("then try to get the icon off your desktop when even Trash won't take that file on uninstall") because the game uninstalled, but the icon remains. I tried deleting the icon, but got the message "this is no longer located in ....". Trust the next reboot will solve the problem.

That probably will help.

I use a great free program (Revo Uninstaller) to remove everything including games. It utilizes the softwares' own uninstaller, then it's own sweeping up after it done all in one program. It shows what's left and lets you decide what to delete permanently. Sometimes I amazed at the gunk left behind. games are usually pretty clean uninstalls, but not always.

Edited on 11/30/2009 at 5:59:31 PM PST

[Post New]by Annabelle0926 on Nov 30, 09 6:14 PM
I tried this game & bought it because it was the $2.99 deal. I didn't have any trouble understanding it because a long time ago I had a DOS game similar to this. It involved numbers & was called Maxit, I think. The directions to this are pretty sketchy & that's a shame because it's a good game. I don't care for the mini games though.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 17, 11 10:35 AM
Mojave_Rain wrote:Says it gets harder the further along you get ... I lost the first round

Don't feel bad, Mojave_Rain -- I lost the first 3 rounds before I got the hang of it.

The instructions are fine to a point but doesn't explain everything, though; got to a point wherein it tells you the goal is to force the opponet to break a set and I'm sitting here thinking: "break a set", what does that mean? Then I realized that a set is getting whatever number of the same item is and then forcing the opponet to having to pick that item again WITHOUT allowing him to complete the same 2nd set all at once.

Decided to because it is a nice strategy game and does get the old noggin working.
MEnr56

Go to: