ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Virtual Villagers 5 is here!

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 31, 10 11:22 PM
For those who are interested, VV 5 was released yesterday!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Virtual Villagers 5 is here!

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 31, 10 11:26 PM
Oooooh! Thank you for the information! Awesome! (Could I use any more exclamation marks?)

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Jan 1, 11 12:13 AM
Another sequel ? Do we really need it ?

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jan 1, 11 12:21 AM
This rendition has some new aspects that previous games didn't have, which is nice. If you can get into them, they're very addictive games. I kind of hated them at first, but one day I decided to give the original version a shot and I loved it.

[Post New]by melly4390 on Jan 1, 11 2:02 PM
so do w no when it coming to big fish or is it here i cant find it

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jan 1, 11 2:17 PM
Hi melly, welcome to the pond.

VV5 isn't on bfg yet; I imagine new games get sold by the developers (and associated) sites first before it goes out to other game houses. I'm looking forward to this as I enjoyed the other VV games

bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

[Post New]by bethjudy on Jan 1, 11 2:37 PM
I just finished the demo...and now I know my little people are running around in there without me!!!

I don't know if I can stand it. Might just have to break down and buy it!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 1, 11 3:03 PM
Oh..bethjudy--that is a tragedy! I now have visions of hundred of little people running around not knowing what to do....

bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

[Post New]by bethjudy on Jan 1, 11 3:08 PM
AAAArrrggghhhhhh

you had to remind me!!!

Pambo01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Pambo01 on Jan 7, 11 5:09 PM
I also played the demo, and have terrible visions of my little bods running around waiting for me to come back and help them to advance in their strange surroundings. Let hope BFG get the game really soon and puts us all out of our misery.

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Jan 7, 11 5:32 PM
Terrific game!! Can't wait til it gets here so I can get it.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 7, 11 6:57 PM
I was excited too and eager to download it....then...I realized how fast this year has passed and I never even started VV4.since last April!!!..how could I forget I had it to play?? Long senior moment Oh, all those sales and CEs and and overstocked on my game mgr. Oh well, that gives me maybe a month to do 4 in time for new one.

Word of caution, when VV4 was released at the dev site it was a "DE" including strategy guide which I wanted included. I hemmed and hawed thinking wait and get it from BF later, 3 punches etc. Well, after a month or weeks BF decided the Developer's Edition besides SG didn't have enough extras to issue as a CE here. so I ended up with the SE anyway. So, if you want the SG included probably best get it now. The SG separate at dev's site is $9.99, but may be free or the WT by now.

It still amazes me how much personality they can put in every character, I see how you would be worried about them running around without your guidance. But that is why the VVs only appeal to me, all the other tribe things just don't feel so personally involved with each and every character like an extended family. Takes time to warm up to it but oh boy, once you name and train them, mourn their loss, cheer them on. Nothing like it!

bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

[Post New]by bethjudy on Jan 7, 11 10:42 PM
Already bought it. It was 19.99 but came with the strategy guide. I am working on my second tribe now, the first one had a fatal flaw that did not come to light until very late in the game. Was still able to get all the puzzles, but not all the trophies. It is not as straight forward as all the others.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 9, 11 8:57 PM
Oh Joy O Happy Day! VV5 is out (yes at another site, but for $6.99 there too!) I do so want to stay loyal BFG but the VV series is what brought me to your site in the first place! PLEASE OH PLEASE don't make us wait another month - Personally, I just will not be able to so HURRY Santa Valentines would make a nice present for me!!

Lean

bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

[Post New]by bethjudy on Feb 9, 11 9:44 PM
Hi Leanda,

Did you see that it is out here today too? It's under new releases, bottom left of the home page. Have fun!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 10, 11 12:47 PM
YOU ARE KIDDING ME !!! I knew I saved last months "free" game for a reason!! Thanks Bethjudy!! I really appreciate that - Now I know what I am doing this weekend!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Happy! Thanks BFG!

Lean

[Post New]by lemony_snicket on Feb 10, 11 1:00 PM
sounds fun and i really like all the virtual villager games so far i tried to get it from the site its on before it came out here but it would work rite so i will try to demo it from bigfish now

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 10, 11 2:25 PM
Hi Fishies!

Virtual Villagers: New Believers is indeed available on our site now!

This means we have a Forum up for the game as well, so I'm going to slide this thread over to the Virtual Villagers: New Believers Forum. It will also stay visible in the Chit-Chat Corner.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by Elaine_Fish on Feb 17, 13 8:07 AM
I urgently need a walking thorugh for this game. Is anything like available anywere? Please, after the cute 4 episodes of virtual villagers, I am giving up on this one

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 18, 13 3:25 PM
There are several walkthroughs available online, but we can't post any external links here or name websites. Just google Virtual Villagers New Believers Walkthrough and you should get several hits.

Go to: