owlgirl61
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Welcome to Galapago forum

[Post New]by owlgirl61 on May 3, 10 12:01 PM
Just discovered this game. Looks really easy, but when played against the timer is not. Really cute graphics.

Love that you can earn extra points for clicking on the creatures as they leave the board.

Definitely on my 'to buy' list.

[Post New]by zrgrnys on May 3, 10 2:45 PM
Yep, this game is harder than it looks. Looks like a little kids game at first, but the further you go the more difficult it becomes. I love it!

act1805
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by act1805 on May 4, 10 5:10 PM
Does anyone know how long the game lasts? I hate it when I decide to purchase a game after the trial, and then come to find out it only lasts about an hour afterwards!

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jul 5, 10 12:21 AM
This game sounds cute. But I'm only downloading just now and won't be able to play it until later in the day. Hoping ya'll can say something about its length by the time I get to it.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jul 5, 10 1:49 AM
This is a funny match-3 game. The creatures to match run on and off the board in a floppy seal like gait....at the end when they leave, there is a 'bonus frenzy' where you click on them like crazy to get extra points. I had to laugh every time I went into maniac mode to end the level. There are various power-ups you earn by getting combos: tile exchange, shuffles, a tile burner, etc. It can be played in relaxed or timed mode, and you can switch between them.
The BFG description says it is 75 levels; I finished 10 levels in about 1/2 hour.
The levels start at easy and advance...I can see replay value in this one, if nothing else to improve your scores.
I think I'll buy it just to make my Fishdom creatures jealous.......

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 5, 10 7:26 AM
the first thing i noticed was the option for an untimed mode, and instantly thought of ALL the comments about timers from fishies out there who don't like them.... then, there's a tab "my collections" - this is where you can see all the creatures you've collected and how 'gold' they've turned... very cool...

the boards in this match-3 vary, with some having "locked" pieces to access the rest of the board... the music is light and beachy... the creatures are bight, colorful, and fun to watch move around or try to run off the board at the end of the round... my favorite part, though, has to be the little shrunken heads that chat and giggle now and then while i'm playing!

the first, easier levels are along the beach, but there are two other terrains to experience along with their own creatures to discover... as the difficulty rises, so does the fun!

i would estimate at least three hours of game play, depending on whether you skip some levels, play it on timeless mode, use the bonuses, etc... of course, with all match-3 games, there is always the option to replay levels or the whole game... so how many hours can you get out of it? a LOT! i'd say that for $2.99 it's an awesome deal!

happy matching

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jul 5, 10 11:06 AM
Just finished the demo. Such a pleasant Match-3 game! Music was not annoying, really never even paid much attention to it, so it didn't distract me at all. I played it timed and only came close to running out of time a couple of times and power ups saved me. I noticed a "Switch to relaxed" button and meant to try it to see if it started you all over or switched it on the board I was on. I got to having such a good time, the hour flew by and didn't check it out. There was a collection of your little creatures and they turned gold as you collected enough. Really for $2.99, it's a great, pleasant, mind-relaxing game. I am probably at about a third of the way done according to the collection page, although the difficulty will get harder according to the stars under the level, so the last third will probably last longer and I will be checking out the relaxed button!

[Post New]by Elisadoll on Mar 15, 11 12:49 PM
I bought the game and I completed all the levels got to the volcano top,,,The Finale,,and collected all the creatures.... in two days....Now what??.....Is there more??
Elisadoll

SeaDreams
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by SeaDreams on Jun 20, 11 9:42 PM
This was the first game I bought and got it right here at !!! The bright colors, animals, and volcano theme were just too cute and it was fun and kept me busy but with the timer option it was the icing on the cake Also the shrunkin heads making snarky comments are amusing. If you want a challange try mode. Also like to view my "collections" of critters!

[Post New]by jackiemorenz on Sep 2, 11 6:51 PM
alvertis5706 wrote:This is a funny match-3 game. The creatures to match run on and off the board in a floppy seal like gait....at the end when they leave, there is a 'bonus frenzy' where you click on them like crazy to get extra points. I had to laugh every time I went into maniac mode to end the level. There are various power-ups you earn by getting combos: tile exchange, shuffles, a tile burner, etc. It can be played in relaxed or timed mode, and you can switch between them.
The BFG description says it is 75 levels; I finished 10 levels in about 1/2 hour.
The levels start at easy and advance...I can see replay value in this one, if nothing else to improve your scores.
I think I'll buy it just to make my Fishdom creatures jealous.......

Go to: