mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Has anyone gotten all the awards?

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jan 2, 11 11:30 AM
I love this game, and I've played it through twice. Have any of you earned all the awards? I can get all the citizens, but there are two awards that are escaping me. I can't IMAGINE getting through this game without losing a life! When it comes time to build the statue there are some levels that seem virtually impossible — I played one for over an hour, buying more time again and again and again and finally had to lose a life. And what is the award that says you've earned all the bonuses on the board? Do they expect you to finish the game with filled bonuses? Unpossible!

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Re:Has anyone gotten all the awards?

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Jan 2, 11 4:34 PM
I got the game on the 1st day it was released by the developer. I have finished the game 7 times already and 4 times I got all the awards.

Fill that tray as soon as possible. you don't have to end the game with a full tray.

As I near the star power-up, I start making sure that before I end a level that the power-up if refilled. I do this even if I have to buy more time.

I missed this award the 1st time I played this game.

It took me 3 years to win the first COR and I didn't win all the people.

On COR2 I also missed the without losing a life award once. Problem was that skulls were there and the only power-up I went into the level with was a hammer. All the time in the world couldn't have helped me win this level. That's why I buy time if needed to refill the tray.

Now on level 100 once, I bought time at least 15 times before I won the level, but I knew I could win it.

Secret besides a little luck is to refill the power-up before you end a level. You don't need them all, but an empty tray is bad.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 3, 11 1:14 AM
Can't even finish the last level of the first one and off to buy this one. I must be sadomasochist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiwichook
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kiwichook on Jan 4, 11 5:44 PM
I have played in Adventure mode once and got all the people and all the awards never lost a life. If you think some of these games were virtually impossible try Blitz mode. I was fine up to level 35 and just can't get past it.

I did all of Tourney mode except for 1 on page 6.

The easy level is way too easy and the hard level is way to hard!!!!!!!!!!

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jan 10, 11 3:55 PM
I'm confused by the last award, that I still haven't won. (Finally finished without losing a life!) It says "You must earn all the bonuses on the bonus panel." What does this mean? It's just not clear...

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Jan 12, 11 6:34 AM
mgpaquin wrote:I'm confused by the last award, that I still haven't won. (Finally finished without losing a life!) It says "You must earn all the bonuses on the bonus panel." What does this mean? It's just not clear...

You must have all the power-ups in your tray at some point after you buy the building with the star power-up. When I get to this last page, I star refilling all the empty spaces in this tray, even if I have to buy extra time to refill a power-up.

As soon as the last power-up is refilled, which ever one it may be, the award will pop up.

It's a good idea in these higher levels to keep as many power ups as you can.

I missed this award on my 1st go round of this game also since as you said it's very vague.

Even if this tray is only filled for a moment, you will win the award. It's a hammer on the right side of the awards page.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jan 13, 11 6:07 PM
Thanks, Pecabo! Off to try again... Thanks for clarifying that for me.

abarr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by abarr on Jan 27, 11 12:20 AM
The award that confuses me is the one that says you have to play for 2 hours -
is that 2 hours continuous - without saving or stopping (ouch my eyes)
or is it all right if I stop as long as I don't exit
or maybe it means 2 hours on the same level - achievable as long as it is a timer bonus level.
Sorry confused - can someone clarify please

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Jan 29, 11 12:05 PM
That's 2 hours continuous play. When I first saw that award I also said "ouch, my eyes" but surprisingly the time does fly by when you are having fun!

[Post New]by bonnie7000 on Mar 11, 13 12:56 PM
I'm confused with the award that says "you must complete 10 levels without a time warning". What is the time warning? Is it when the heart starts thumping or when it lets you buy more time? Also is it 10 levels in a row?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 11, 13 5:23 PM
Hi bonnie7000, I don't know if it's 10 levels in a row or just 10 levels but the timer warning is when the heart starts thumping.

Pretty_gamer
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Pretty_gamer on Jun 13, 13 4:40 AM
SynthpopAddict is right about the time warning. Ant it's 10 levels. For me the easiest way was to replay the game and be careful about the trophies.
The last I'm missing is 2 hours' play

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 13, 13 10:55 PM
About the 2 hour trophy, I figured this out by accident one time:
[spoiler-click and drag to read]
You can just leave the game running on one of the other screens besides a game board and you'll get the trophy after 2 hours even if you weren't "playing" the whole time. There were TV shows distracting me on and off one night.
[end spoiler]

Go to: