Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Black out scene changes

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jan 2, 11 9:00 PM
I've read through a couple of discussion threads. All the complaints seem to be about the game being dark and the objects hard to find, but strangely no one is mentioning the way the screen blacks out between simple scene changes. I can understand when loading a new chapter, but just between scenes? Or is just happening to me? I find that extremely annoying. I like the game but am still debating purchasing it simply for that matter. I find it distracts the continuity of the game play. I also found that sometimes the music got a little too much on the dramatic side and had to turn the volume down a bit till it changed tempo. Otherwise, it appears to be a good game.
As I've said before I have a soft spot for the dark and spooky games, so finding some of the objects difficult to find was a challenge not a deterrent. I also noticed a couple of comments about having a widescreen monitor and the game screen not filling it. Perhaps it is how your resolution set or your computer has a graphics card that does not support it. I have a 22' widescreen monitor and every game I've played fills the entire screen, thank goodness!

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

Re:Black out scene changes

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Jan 3, 11 1:00 AM
I have not noticed your problem Athena99, it does blank occassionally for a second or two once you have completed an area - e.g. once you complete the old car area it blanks briefly, but you also cannot return there accidently later in the game. If you find it excessive, you may have a glitch in your version, so maybe you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, if you have any time left on your trial - or if you have not tried the CE version, which is basically the same game (just a few extras I could not justify paying the extra for). If this still does not work and you really want the game contact customer support for advice, I'm sure that they can help.

Good Luck and enjoy the game.

[Post New]by Nanders123 on Jan 20, 11 6:10 PM
I know exactly what you mean. It's not a huge blackout, just a few seconds but it IS annoying and delays the momentum like you said. It's not a glitch. I don't think it's enough to stop me from buying the game but I've only been playing the demo for 1/2 hour. I think it's annoying to me because time is ticking away on the demo and it just seems to be a long second-wasting pause.

katymax
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by katymax on Jan 21, 11 9:58 AM
Since I have a "touchy" PC I thought it was going on the blink because of these blackouts betwwn scenes!!!

mariets
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mariets on Jan 22, 11 6:38 AM
It was a bit annoying at first, but once you progress through the game it speeds up.

[Post New]by SabraDawn on Mar 1, 11 2:05 PM
I've had the same problem, I had thought it was my pc since it can be slow, but I realized it wasn't because it is between every scene. Other than these few second blackouts, I love the game.

Go to: