bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Roads of Rome II technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 3, 11 3:42 PM
If you are having problems getting Roads of Rome II to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (ie. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

Episode 4 Level4

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Jan 13, 11 5:28 PM
I have played this game several times. Love it. But every time I get to this level the balloon cannot be launched to go to the smithy on the lower right hand side on an island. It's not a main feature thank goodness but never the less I thought you might check it out. I can go on with the game but I have never been able to get to the smithy. FYI If it held up the game.......... I may not be so nice.
love you and think you all are the best....

Re:Post any Roads of Rome II technical issues here only

[Post New]by lurgygrl on Jan 18, 11 1:37 PM
Tried to play this game today. I was about 3/4 done and now it has me starting all over again. The 'enter name' mini screen keeps popping up. Also, I can play the first level, save, quit, go back to the game and even the record of me playing that first level is not there two minutes later.

Major technical issues with this game. I cannot even play the game, there is no level progression anymore.

Edited on 01/21/2011 at 5:51:47 PM PST

[Post New]by bastille42 on Jan 20, 11 9:57 AM
I made the mistake of turning OFF the full-screen option, and now the game doesn't fit on my screen. I can not access the options button to turn it back on because it's not on-screen, and I've already tried un-installing and re-installing the game with no success. It still comes up wrong on my screen.

Re:Roads of Rome II HELP!

[Post New]by JaniniDex1970 on Feb 7, 11 5:21 AM
Hi there....I love this game but am having a really hard time with it running slow - so slow in fact that I'm not able to finish the level no matter how many times I try.....! I have reinstalled the game, and looked at the other techincal help available and done everything suggested but nothing seems to work! I have typed run into my computer and got the dxdiag and can't see anything that wouldn't let it run properly.....please help!

Thanks

Jan

mngal46
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mngal46 on Feb 11, 11 6:24 AM
I tried 3 times to load and play but was never able to play, my 60 min is almost up and I never got to play. When the game loads, it just sits there with no buttons to start the game, I inputted my name, but next time I come in it tells me to input my name when I do it says there is already a name like that, but it won't let me switch to another player name. Very frustrating since I really enjoyed the first version and I almost bought this game without the trial.......glad I tried.

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Dissappearing resources

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Feb 11, 11 10:28 PM
All the trees and berry bushes vanish after the game starts. Also, the road goes away as I build it. Makes it hard to find wood and food, but otherwise fun.

[Post New]by Wynterr on Feb 18, 11 12:26 PM
I can not get my mouse to go any further than Marcus (I think that is his name) ear on the first start up screen page. It is like that through the whole game - Most levels it doesn't matter as your mouse doesn't need to be able to reach all the way to the left edge but for one of the levels (forget which now) I can't pick up the mined gold so can't continue the game. I find this extremely frustrating. I tried to play in small screen mode as well but that has other issues.

Lazyhab
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Lazyhab on Mar 25, 11 2:36 PM
Just bought game recently and when it says to click on the giant octopus to get rid of it, I keep clicking on it but nothing happens! Needless to say I hate to pay for a game I can't get past the 2nd level...

Can anyone help me??

Kowhai2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Kowhai2 on Mar 27, 11 7:10 PM
Cursor options are my only problem with this game.
I really enjoy it even more than Roads of Rome. In the original version the cursor setting remained the same the next time I opened the game to play.
This version it reverts to the game cursor which I find 'wobbly' to play. Is there a fix anyone has found for this issue?
TIA

[Post New]by gatorfrinzy1 on Apr 30, 11 12:29 PM
I am on the last level and can not get it to start. I have pressed "START" several times and nothing happens. I even tried exiting the game and restarting it and once you get to the level start button the same thing happens I click and nothing happens. Can you tell me what I can do. I enjoy this game played the first one and would like to finish this one.

(email removed by moderator)

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 1:22:00 PM PST

Girldawn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Girldawn on Jun 14, 11 2:49 PM
Hello fishies, I need some help please. Just purchased this game in May and have gotten thru the first two episodes in expert time, however on episode 3, levels 2- 4 I first finished before time ran out but after expert time expired. I went back and beat them in expert time but the marker for the level stays silver instead of turning red for expert. Level 5 (episode 3) I've played numerous times finishing in expert, but it won't let me go any further saying that level hasn't been finished, like i haven't been able to complete it before all the time ran out, which I have. I've looked thru the help topics, uninstalled and reinstalled - would appreciate any help, can't wait to go farther on this game!

Thanks Girldawn

[Post New]by gentlness on Jun 22, 11 4:25 PM
Does anyone know why on level 11 there is not enough coins to get everything done you need to? I have gone through the whole level piece by piece and there are not enough ways to get coins for what is needed.

[Post New]by socialone on Jul 11, 11 3:07 PM
I completed all levels and cannot get the bonus level to unlock so I can play it

orochick
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

To all the "fishies" that can't get bonus level to open

[Post New]by orochick on Aug 2, 11 4:11 PM
It may not be a technical issue. You have to complete ALL the previous levels in expert time before the bonus level will open.

orochick
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Freezing/Jumpy play

[Post New]by orochick on Aug 2, 11 4:14 PM
Is anyone else having these problems with the game? Sometimes it's so bad I can't complete in expert time. Both Road of Rome (1&2) are this way for me. I've downloaded all current updates (DirectX,Video card, etc) and nothing makes the games work right.

[Post New]by HUNTSLUCK on Aug 14, 11 9:39 AM
Does anyone know why on level 11 there is not enough coins to get everything done you need to? I have gone through the whole level piece by piece and there are not enough ways to get coins for what is needed.
I played all the way once and started over and now I cant get past here.

[Post New]by MikaeleDarby on Oct 4, 11 6:57 PM
Episode 3, level 7 - there are not enough coins to finish this level. Anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by MedievalViking on Mar 6, 12 3:30 PM
gentlness wrote:Does anyone know why on level 11 there is not enough coins to get everything done you need to? I have gone through the whole level piece by piece and there are not enough ways to get coins for what is needed.

There is less gold available than is required to complete the level.

I am also having this issue.

Has this issue been addressed and corrected?

[Post New]by JohnRLA on Jun 19, 12 7:03 AM
After commencing this game it started to run slow and became jerky after abour 5 minutes. Any help please

Go to: