bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Hodgepodge Hollow technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 4, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Hodgepodge Hollow technical issues here only

[Post New]by dolores3355 on Jan 4, 11 2:21 PM
the game comes on at supposedly full screen but the picture is shifted to the right so you don't get all of the picture. there is no button for menu or options so that i can change it, so was unable to play the game.

[Post New]by tobbiedog on Jan 4, 11 7:28 PM
I love the game, guess it is because I love gnomes. But I have a problem with one of the things you have to make. The section where you take toad stools, tails, and night in the copper bowl. When I put the forgetmenowtears over the bowl it explodes in black dust.

Help.

[Post New]by mermaid33 on Jan 4, 11 8:25 PM
I GOT TO THE WIZARDS HAT AND I HAVE PUT THE LACE,COBWEB, AND GLOVE IN AND WHEN I PUT WHISKERS IN IT EXLPODES. I HAVE DONE THIS 30 TIMES WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by organistdm on Jan 5, 11 7:01 AM
Mermaids - the seahorse shows me the O2 recipe, but I can't get to the potions lab. It keeps going back to the mermaid place and I have to summon the seahorse again. Stuck in a loop.

[Post New]by Smokedog on Jan 5, 11 4:59 PM
On the Sweet Dreams level I have a problem making this level finish. After I put the toad stools, chameleon tails, and 2 night shadest in the copper bowl and try to put the forgetmenowtears over the bowl it explodes in black dust.everytime. Dont think it is my pc, rebooted, etc. and always does same thing. Woud appreciate some help.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Jan 5, 11 8:31 PM
Same problem - section where you take toad stools, tails, and night in the copper bowl. When I put the forgetmenowtears over the bowl it explodes in black dust.

Even tried using a hint for each step, and it still blows up.

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Jan 6, 11 12:29 AM
organistdm wrote:Mermaids - the seahorse shows me the O2 recipe, but I can't get to the potions lab. It keeps going back to the mermaid place and I have to summon the seahorse again. Stuck in a loop.

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Jan 6, 11 12:30 AM
dorotha wrote:
organistdm wrote:Mermaids - the seahorse shows me the O2 recipe, but I can't get to the potions lab. It keeps going back to the mermaid place and I have to summon the seahorse again. Stuck in a loop.

[Post New]by greenwoman on Jan 6, 11 11:17 AM
I am having the same issue at the Mermaids - I take the card from the seahorse, go out to the map, but the game won't let you progress from there. It sends you back to the seahorse.There is definitely a glitch here.

mrsaj
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by mrsaj on Jan 6, 11 2:14 PM
I found the mouse was very sticky which made the spell making hard.

[Post New]by kanorris on Jan 6, 11 5:44 PM
I am having the same problems as others in the Sweet Dreams potion. The bowl explodes everything with the tears. Help!

found the solution- put the flower over the cauldron then over the bowl.

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 6:28:11 PM PST

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Jan 8, 11 6:33 AM
I'm having the same problem with the O2U potion. Pick up the card from the seahorse, click on the Gnome at the top and he says: "Let's go to the map" but when you click on the map, every location is grayed out. Only place to go is back to the Mermaid Castles which puts you back to the previous scene. You can't advance. I've written to BFG help, but since it's the weekend, I probably won't hear anything before Monday. I read in the forums that some folks have said they finished the game, so don't know why some of us are having problems and others are getting through.

[Post New]by misty256 on Jan 8, 11 11:17 AM
QuietLurker wrote:Same problem - section where you take toad stools, tails, and night in the copper bowl. When I put the forgetmenowtears over the bowl it explodes in black dust.

Even tried using a hint for each step, and it still blows up.

The same thing is happening to me, it is soooo annoying!!

[Post New]by raenewf on Jan 8, 11 1:51 PM
kanorris wrote:I am having the same problems as others in the Sweet Dreams potion. The bowl explodes everything with the tears. Help!

found the solution- put the flower over the cauldron then over the bowl.

Thank you so much

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Jan 8, 11 1:53 PM
misty256 wrote:
QuietLurker wrote:Same problem - section where you take toad stools, tails, and night in the copper bowl. When I put the forgetmenowtears over the bowl it explodes in black dust.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I think you have to hold the forgetmenot fairy over your cauldron first, then when you see the tears, pick her up, put it over the copper bowl and then the tears will fall into your bowl.

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Jan 9, 11 8:46 AM
For those having problems with the seahorse, mermaids on the O2U potion, I was stuck here for quite awhile. Wrote BFG Help Center, but then I decided to start over with a new user profile. (Yeah, I now, but it least it seemed worth it at the time.) This time, when I got to that section, everything worked fine. The different sections of the map opened up so that I could go on and pick up the ingredients to continue. I don't know if that means it's a technical glitch or what, but at least I've now been able to progress through the game. I'll let you know if customer support tells me anything later.

[Post New]by malteasers on Jan 10, 11 4:33 AM
bookworm1940 wrote:I'm having the same problem with the O2U potion. Pick up the card from the seahorse, click on the Gnome at the top and he says: "Let's go to the map" but when you click on the map, every location is grayed out. Only place to go is back to the Mermaid Castles which puts you back to the previous scene. You can't advance. I've written to BFG help, but since it's the weekend, I probably won't hear anything before Monday. I read in the forums that some folks have said they finished the game, so don't know why some of us are having problems and others are getting through.

[Post New]by malteasers on Jan 10, 11 4:35 AM
With the OU2 potion just click on the gnome a few times to continue with the game- it worked for me!

[Post New]by pjveek on Jan 10, 11 1:34 PM
Having problem picking up poker chips. Is there a certain order?

Go to: