3,734 Posts

Todays DD 4/1/11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jan 4, 11 12:36 AM
Any comments or reviews fishes?

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Todays DD 4/1/11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 4, 11 9:25 AM
Annoyed? Here's a clue - go to options and turn off the Wizard's voice. It's a decent game after that, it looks like... I went ahead and bought it.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 4, 11 11:43 AM
Gimmegames, thanks for the tip on silencing the wizard!
It did not work when I tried it prior to playing any of the boards. But after playing a few, I went back to options and then it let me silence him.
With him quiet, it's a definite BUY.
Kellie

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Jan 4, 11 1:30 PM
This M3 was a pleasant surprise!

The graphics are nice, it plays really well, and has lots of options for game play. I think you're not given the option to shut the wizard up until you've played for a short while, as he gives something of a loose tutorial in the beginning.

I'd vowed to not order so many games this year (my one resolution!) but this one is the first DD in a while that I've actually wanted to buy. Well worth a trial, even if M3 aren't usually your thing.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Jan 4, 11 1:31 PM

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 9:20:24 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 4, 11 3:43 PM
The game is still okay, a little bit to easy for me. No buy for me, but if you like match 3 games, it is worth a look for you of course

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Jan 4, 11 5:53 PM
Wanted to buy but the demo won't even play for me. Set screen resolution to the BF recommended 1024 x 768 but when opening the game, my screen just flashes with a box on the left which I assume is the game. No go for me - Windows 7 strikes the older BF games again!

Edited on 01/04/2011 at 5:58:58 PM PST

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Jan 4, 11 6:52 PM
I normally don't even try M3 games, but decided to give it a go today. I was glad that I did. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice options in the game to switch modes between group, swap and chain. I liked having to get the key through the keyhole, and being able to rotate the board. There is no timer, so I found it very relaxing. The game is very repetitive, but I was enjoying it, so didn't mind one bit. The hour flew by! Since I don't have any M3 games, at $2.99, this will be a buy for me. It's a nice change from the HOGs.

[Post New]by dolpin2852000 on Jan 4, 11 7:42 PM
Ya it is nice change from the HOGs I played for 20 mins just flew by so fast, I knew that I was going to buy it. So all you HOGs out there want a good game to take a break to this should be on your list and for 2.99 its a steel

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 4, 11 9:31 PM
I'm up to about level 10 or so. This game will put you to sleep.... good nii-iight ;-)...

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Jan 18, 11 12:18 PM
I rather like it, and LIKE the music! Wow! But definitely got rid of the wizard voice

I like the board-rotation ability. That made the game have a more puzzle-like quality. After every few games something happens, which was fun to anticipate.

The game got a bit tedious by the last several games, but I gave it a rest and was up for more.

The very end didn't do what I was hoping, but all in all quite enjoyable.

Edited on 01/18/2011 at 12:22:20 PM PST

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on Jan 20, 11 8:32 PM
gimmegames wrote:I'm up to about level 10 or so. This game will put you to sleep.... good nii-iight ;-)...

I agree tis game will put you to sleep , it is boring same thing over and over.
Deleted from my hard drive.

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 8:34:12 PM PST

Go to: