Hidden Object Crosswords

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Hidden Object Crosswords

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 5, 11 12:05 AM
Solve riddles and find Hidden Objects in Hidden Object Crossword, a unique blend of two incredible styles of gameplay! Challenge yourself to find the different answers in each tough level of this ridiculously fun game. Take on the world’s most popular word game and succeed getting extra hints from the helpful butterfly.

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 12:44:57 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Hidden Object Crosswords

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 5, 11 12:16 AM
Pre playing note!
OK...easy hook for me ...two of my favourite pasttimes melded together into a game.
I have seen the announcement of the pending release for this game elsewhere and really hope that it lives up to what we all had in mind when we saw this on .
Download just finished.
Hope I have a positive report to make after the trial.
Cheers
ETA...Of course I purchased it....and enjoyed playing it even with the sometimes "interesting" interpretations of items. However, there is probably very little replay value as the game is the same the second time around....will have to wait a while until I do it again. Maybe this is a case for a series of upgrades/new levels?
Cheers

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 7:28:00 PM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 5, 11 12:37 AM

OK, this was good but I'll never get the "meteor" award! LOL!!

Its 3:35 am here so I'll try again after some sleep.....

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jan 5, 11 1:31 AM
fun game, looks simple but a few challenges....i agree, dont think i will make the "meteor" either, not sure its a buy for me, but no complaints, nice little game!

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Jan 5, 11 2:01 AM
This looked like a great game. then the very first thing I had to find was an apple. I clicked on the apple a couple of times. Nothing happened. i know the answer was apple because I checked it out on google. Anyway, after not getting a response I thought ' OK i'll use a clue" so out comes this butterfly that moves aimlessly all over without as far as I can see indicating anything.At this point I uninstalled. Great concept. Too bad it's so poorly executed.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jan 5, 11 2:05 AM
you have to click on the butterfly to get a letter in the word

happyjak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by happyjak on Jan 5, 11 4:02 AM
If you do not get the meteorite the first time simply replay that level as you will get the exact same crossword with the same clues. hope this helps.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jan 5, 11 12:33 PM
rainice wrote:This looked like a great game. then the very first thing I had to find was an apple. I clicked on the apple a couple of times. Nothing happened. i know the answer was apple because I checked it out on google. Anyway, after not getting a response I thought ' OK i'll use a clue" so out comes this butterfly that moves aimlessly all over without as far as I can see indicating anything.At this point I uninstalled. Great concept. Too bad it's so poorly executed.

Give the game a chance... you click on the butterfly and it gives you a letter.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jan 5, 11 1:37 PM
rainice wrote:This looked like a great game. then the very first thing I had to find was an apple. I clicked on the apple a couple of times. Nothing happened. i know the answer was apple because I checked it out on google. Anyway, after not getting a response I thought ' OK i'll use a clue" so out comes this butterfly that moves aimlessly all over without as far as I can see indicating anything.At this point I uninstalled. Great concept. Too bad it's so poorly executed.

Apparently, you didn't click on the butterfly because its purpose is to supply you with a letter to the riddle that you're trying to solve; it'll give you all letters BUT the last one.

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jan 5, 11 1:43 PM

I find this game very interesting but I have to admit that if I didn't have that butterfly to give me the first letter (or 2) on a couple of things, I wouldn't have known in which direction to go as there's a few that have several answers (i.e. mortar). I was looking for the word pestile and it turned out to be another word altogether.

I think that I'd buy it but right now I've so many games yet to be completed (on my desktop) that my computer is starting to moan and groan so I might purchase it sometime down the road at a DD

MEnr56

Jo1956
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jo1956 on Jan 5, 11 2:14 PM
I don't understand either. My first clue was "has nine lives" I clicked on the cat in the picture and nothing happened. Then the butterfly came out without me clicking on hint. I clicked it and still nothing...annoying because I know the three letter answer to the clue and found it in the picture!!

micidawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by micidawn on Jan 5, 11 3:04 PM
I had the trouble of hitting on the answer and it not taking it a couple of times. But for the most part, it responded well. Fun game, but I wish it would give you new puzzles for the levels so you can play it again and again. After going through the first time, you would know all the answers.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Jan 5, 11 3:33 PM
barbee44 wrote:

Give the game a chance... you click on the butterfly and it gives you a letter. [/quote ]So I gave it another chance. It took 4 minutes for me to get the butterfly to give me 1 letter. I'm happy for all those who are enjoying the game but I strongly dislike it.

Jo1956
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jo1956 on Jan 5, 11 3:37 PM
Jo1956 wrote:I don't understand either. My first clue was "has nine lives" I clicked on the cat in the picture and nothing happened. Then the butterfly came out without me clicking on hint. I clicked it and still nothing...annoying because I know the three letter answer to the clue and found it in the picture!!

I went back and played again and everything worked great! Now if it doesn't give new puzzles when you play again...well not sure I will buy it.

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 3:38:58 PM PST

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jan 5, 11 5:15 PM
happyjak wrote:If you do not get the meteorite the first time simply replay that level as you will get the exact same crossword with the same clues. hope this helps.

Happyjak, thank you for writing this. I love the game, but since I play every game twice somewhere along the line, and see that the puzzles will always be the same, it's a no buy for me. Too bad, I really loved it.

Brennagrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Brennagrl on Jan 5, 11 6:03 PM
I love this game........I hit the meteor the first time......however it moves very slow........anyone else have that issue????

[Post New]by wuzzgal on Jan 5, 11 6:57 PM
I agree, a great concept for a game, but VERY slow. Is there any way to speed it up?

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jan 5, 11 7:11 PM
A fun little brain challenge. But no replay value.

[Post New]by loopy1966uk on Jan 6, 11 3:03 AM
I love Hidden Object games but when I looked at the first screenshot of the game, I couldn't figure it out.

Q: A horse that doesn't eat oats and has 2 wheels instead of legs

A: Bicycle (???)

Am I missing something here, or does this make more sense to those who don't speak English? Needless to say I didn't see the point of downloaading it.

I hope things get better in 2011

[Post New]by treefroggle on Jan 7, 11 10:48 AM
This game was ok. The first thing that I noticed was that this game took a long time to download. I found that it took me longer to find the item in the picture than it did for me to answer the clue. But even that didn't take that long. I think this is an ok game, just a little too easy for me.

Go to: