bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Hidden Object Crosswords technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 5, 11 12:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

IamJbar
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Object Crosswords technical issues here only

[Post New]by IamJbar on Jan 5, 11 1:15 AM
I love the originality of this game, and quickly downloaded the trial. Then uninstalled and reinstalled. Then checked my computer to make sure I have all of the latest updates, ( which I do). The game stutters, moves very very slowly, and while it eventually completes the moves you tell it to, it seems to do so under protest!! Please give us a fix for this. It looks like a lot of fun.
JBar

tatsu1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by tatsu1952 on Jan 5, 11 1:20 AM
I'm with you JBar - this game looks great but it runs slower than a wet week Any suggestions or a fix would be greatly appreciated.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jan 5, 11 1:56 AM
mine also. game runs but very slow and choppy. i feel like i am in a slow motion video lol. i even tried using the regular cursor but still very slow.

will try uninstalling and reinstalling later as i am going to go back to

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Jan 5, 11 2:46 AM
amj0963 wrote:mine also. game runs but very slow and choppy. i feel like i am in a slow motion video lol. i even tried using the regular cursor but still very slow.

Good Night amj0963!! for when You get up!!

Skyered
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Skyered on Jan 5, 11 4:08 AM
I, too, loved the concept of this game. IT WON'T WORK ON MY COMPUTER. I tried changing display settings....finally uninstalled game. Please fix the problem and I will try again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: I have tried three times to install and play this game. I have changed the settings and all it does is flashes a black screen. I have uninstalled for the third time. Really think I would have LOVED this game.

Have a great day to all fishes.

Edited on 01/07/2011 at 8:25:39 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 5, 11 4:33 AM
How frustrating. I kept thinking maybe I missed something in the directions, but I was following all the instructions. Nevertheless, no matter what the riddle, I could not click on anything and have the riddle solved. It just told me I had missed (can't remember the exact wording) the word. Listen, when the answer is C_A_T, I didn't miss it.

The concept sounded so appealing, I'm going to uninstall and reinstall it and try again. But, right now, I'm very disappointed.

Edit: Uninstalled and reinstalled and it simply will not work. I could click objects until my clicker was kaput. Rats!

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 5:59:36 AM PST

[Post New]by Radianta on Jan 5, 11 4:33 AM
I'd really love to play this game. But it looks like it doesn't work under Windows 7. Is it possible to fix this?

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Jan 5, 11 7:05 AM
same here.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jan 5, 11 7:12 AM
I can't even type in the crosswords, I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. It looks like a nice change, sorry I can't play. I'm bummed

Kanithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Kanithia on Jan 5, 11 7:51 AM
I thought I had hit the jackpot! Crossword puzzles and hidden objects - what could be better? However, I finally gave up because the game kept freezing. Sorry, BFG, lost me on this one.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jan 5, 11 8:39 AM
Blackie61958 wrote:
amj0963 wrote:mine also. game runs but very slow and choppy. i feel like i am in a slow motion video lol. i even tried using the regular cursor but still very slow.

Good Night amj0963!! for when You get up!!

thanks for the blackie lol.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 5, 11 9:42 AM
Hi Fishies!

If you're having trouble with Hidden Object Crosswords running slowly or freezing, then it may help to run some updates for your system. More information can be found in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For further assistance, or if the game continues to cause problems, please contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to help further. They can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages, from which your question can be submitted.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

SLOW

[Post New]by were_witch on Jan 5, 11 11:24 AM
I love crossword puzzles but it's REALLY slow and just drags on my computer....and yes, all my stuff is updated. Maybe next time BFG.

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 11:28:08 AM PST

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Jan 5, 11 11:44 AM
blinks in and out, can't play it... have updated drivers for Win7, but nothing works. shame, i liked the idea of the game, but was it made for XP perhaps?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 5, 11 1:20 PM
The game works just fine on my Win7 computer playing in windowed mode. On my Vista computer it refuses to play in windowed mode and the dang thing flashes black screen/desktop rather than showing me the game to play. The Vista computer's resolution is 1280x768, and the Win7's resolution is 1280x800.

I assume that increasing the resolution enough that I can play in windowed mode will help. I'm just going to stick to playing on Win7 unless somebody has another solution, because my eyes can't handle higher resolutions.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 5, 11 2:16 PM
The game won't play right on my computer. My updates are current on everything so, it isn't that. I've had this problem with some other games. The game-play is slow and jerky and even eliminating the custom cursor didn't help much at all. Please fix the game as I think it would be one I would enjoy.

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Jan 5, 11 4:06 PM
Game worked great at first, now all it does is blink in and out and can't play it any more....would you believe I purchased the game!!!!! How disappointing!!!! There have been at least 5 of the new games that are doing the same thing. All my updates are current so I do not think it is that issue. I think BFG should have more games in the Beta testing before they release them to the public. Maybe then there would be less issues. I guess I will have to try to get my money back since it will not work. I really like the concept when I could play it...interesting twist on HOGs. So my question would be this....when will BFGs start delivering quality games like they did a few years ago??????

ShayB
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ShayB on Jan 5, 11 4:47 PM
What a nightmare! Looks like such a promising game but absolutely will not respond to mouse clicks on objects. I have windows XP - most games are fine -but this one just doesn't work.
Please try to fix this! (Although I'm still waiting for a fix for Awakening - even with the developers on the boards and aware of the problems with that one) So, not so hopeful about this one being fixed anytime soon.
Shay

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Jan 5, 11 11:56 PM
All my drivers etc. are up to date. It's stuck on level 15, all words filled in but it won't show completed. I can even go back and play previous completed levels. And yes, I bought it. Will be sending info to CS.

Go to: