bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Trivia Machine

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 5, 11 12:29 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Trivia Machine? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Trivia Machine

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 5, 11 2:56 AM
I can only say that I like this little game. I am a trivia person so it suits me. I played about 15 minutes and liked it enough to buy to play when I want to test my brain (old as it is).

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 5, 11 3:26 AM
I really enjoy trivia and word games. So, I really think this is a great deal for DD.

I rate this:

"Fine Swine" for trivia style

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

"FINE SWINE" Great game-bells and whistles,best,greatest, I love it.
"PIGLET" Good game-your basic run of the mill Hog. Only for true hog lover's.
"PORK BELLY" Likable for some,but not for everyone.
"TROTTER" Bad game-pig's foot,don't run away with buying it. lol
"PIG DOWN" and rolling in the mudd" -Bad Bad game, don't go near it or you'll get soiled. lol

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 5, 11 4:11 AM

I agree, Love It is Fine Swine.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 5, 11 5:53 AM
The points you accumulate in the lightning round don't go onto your bar, which ticked me off. I would have advanced another round if they had. The 'modern' trivia seems to be a bit out of date, late 1990 or early 2000. Of course the historical and scientific don't change, much. However, if you like trivia. This is a nice game.

This game is a B.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jan 5, 11 6:25 AM
Total trivia freak here, so I jumped on the trial of this game when it came out, but for some reason (probably cheapn...uh, frugality) I didn't buy it. Of course, I had run out the trial time and even for 2.99 I was concerned that the game might be too dated. Well, I found a location to play online, and found myself again playing obsessively. Yes, I suppose some questions might be out of date, but as I am a History/Literature/Geography sort of person, that doesn't matter a whole lot. Just bought it, and can't wait to (finally!) play the Genius - which is unavailable in trial versions. If for some reason I find myself seriously disappointed, I'll be back to say so, but for the DD price it seems like a steal.

BTW, this makes five punches already - January could be an expensive month. Mudrock's preview this week mentions Phantasmat CE - sounds good, any thoughts on this fishies?

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 5, 11 9:20 PM
SPOILER ALERT

I cannot believe true trivia fans would like this game in the very first round I found errors and when in the second round the question (under the heading of Science) was "IF YOU WERE A BRIT HOW MUCH WOULD YOU WIN IF YOU WON HOW TO WIN A MILLIARD DOLLARS?" Maybe I am really stupid but I have never heard of a "Milliard" and if they meant Million Dollars it wouldn't matter if you were Ethiopian a million dollars is a million dollars and if you want to translate a Million Dollars into English Sterling it would only be $643,072.97 NOT A BILLION which was the answer.

BAD BAD BAD game One HUNDRED THUMBS DOWN

ladiebug77
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ladiebug77 on Jan 6, 11 1:22 AM
Leanda1 wrote:SPOILER ALERT

I cannot believe true trivia fans would like this game in the very first round I found errors and when in the second round the question (under the heading of Science) was "IF YOU WERE A BRIT HOW MUCH WOULD YOU WIN IF YOU WON HOW TO WIN A MILLIARD DOLLARS?" ... I have never heard of a "Milliard" and if they meant Million Dollars it wouldn't matter if you were Ethiopian a million dollars is a million dollars and if you want to translate a Million Dollars into English Sterling it would only be $643,072.97 NOT A BILLION which was the answer.

A "milliard" is actually the way the British say a "billion". It is taken directly from the French word for "billion". This question doesn't exactly seem like it belongs in the "Science" category, though!

I actually really like this game! Although I certainly don't get them all right, I get enough that it's fun, and I like the variations that they throw in! I had only played it online before, so hadn't had access to the "Genius" level questions, and hadn't had access to getting the questions updated. It was definitely worth DD price for me! (Sometimes you can still get the DD price the next day -- could be worth checking!)

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 1:39:35 AM PST

Aiwevanya
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by Aiwevanya on Jun 18, 11 6:28 AM
Well I'm British and have never used nor ever heard anyone use the term milliard, but I didn't get that question. I did notice however that all the questions are very America centric (American music, American tv, presumably the sport as well but I didn't try the sports questions) which is a bit off putting. What really made me sling it straight at the recycling bin rather than buy it was the fact that it apparently sends your score to a central board without even asking permission or warning that this will happen, very, very not cool.

[Post New]by Lonna77 on Oct 29, 11 12:00 PM
I love this game, but it won't play on my new pc IN Windows 7 even though I had the same version of Windows 7 on my old PC. Bad game manager? Maybe.

sheneya
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sheneya on Oct 30, 11 3:17 AM
The questions are good, and I enjoy finding out what I know and what I don't know, the only real problem I have a suppressing the urge to correct the spelling mistakes that come up from time to time.

Cornishwizard
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Cornishwizard on Mar 3, 12 4:17 AM
The idea of the game is good but the questions for me, being a Brit are too Americanised.
Now that Big Fish have a European Office is it possible to have this game remade with a more European flavour?
Did I buy the game? Mo.Why? First paragraph is a good clue!!

[Post New]by Mancunian_Nick on May 3, 12 3:18 AM
Aiwevanya wrote:Well I'm British and have never used nor ever heard anyone use the term milliard, but I didn't get that question. I did notice however that all the questions are very America centric (American music, American tv, presumably the sport as well but I didn't try the sports questions) which is a bit off putting. What really made me sling it straight at the recycling bin rather than buy it was the fact that it apparently sends your score to a central board without even asking permission or warning that this will happen, very, very not cool.

I so TOTALLY agree with you Aiwevanya! Also never heard of or use the word milliard but so VERY VERY America centric, especially television and music. I bought this a couple of days ago (admittedly cheaply) and should have used the one hour review first but I didn't and I don't suppose Big Fish are likely to give me refund but I do wish there could be an option to list your country so that downloaded questions are ones you are likely to know. Oh geography is another one that's very America specific a lot of the time - where things are in a particular state for example. Finally I do wish someone at Big Fish would clear out those global high scores or get rid of them altogether! They are a total farce! One guy even posted a score of over 20,000,000 without even answering a question but with a hacker name as are several others, what further proof is needed. So that being said, GET RID OF IT! No good resetting it as they will only do it again.

Oh well next time I'll review first - that is if there is a next time? This time I feel robbed to be quite honest and that's a shame.

[Post New]by Mancunian_Nick on May 3, 12 3:20 AM
Lonna77 wrote:I love this game, but it won't play on my new pc IN Windows 7 even though I had the same version of Windows 7 on my old PC. Bad game manager? Maybe.

Plays absolutely fine on mine, Lonna - 64 bit version of Windows 7. No idea why it won't play.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Apr 10, 13 8:53 AM
Although this is a fun and challenging game, it is not as good as Trivia Reloaded which I think is the better buy. I found this game to be somewhat fuzzy to view and you have to have an internet connection to download new questions. Most definately, the better buy is Trivia Reloaded.

Go to: