bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Fairway Solitaire

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 5, 11 12:38 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Fairway Solitaire? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fairway Solitaire

[Post New]by SnowBunzzz on Feb 16, 11 6:55 AM
I HATED the "mystery madness course!!!

suebro
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by suebro on Mar 16, 11 6:24 PM
how many times do I have to play St. Henry's before I can move on?? Been playing it forever!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Mar 16, 11 6:41 PM
I love this game. I used to play it a lot on BSG. I got stuck on a course where you had to have 16 cards in a row to unlock the next course. Never did make it past that one!

MIJul
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by MIJul on Mar 21, 11 12:55 PM
I have given up. I've been trying to get past Mystery Madness for over a year, off and on, and uninstalling this game from my computer. Don't buy it! It can not be won. Very discouraging.

[Post New]by sheilab_2225 on Apr 7, 11 10:45 AM
I love the game totally addicting.!!

[Post New]by Blizzard2 on Apr 28, 11 9:48 AM
This game use to be fun now it is so difficult I am giving up. You are at the mercy of the cards and not much skill is involved.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 4, 11 12:06 AM
I have finally arrived at the last course, The Baron! I hope my perseverance will be rewarded, and I will be able to win on this one. Some of the courses really made me believe that it would be impossible to get past them. Wow! There needs to be a way to bypass a course when you just get truly discouraged. Developers should understand that we play these games to relax, not increase our stress levels. Paying a fine, or even completing a mini-game of some sort in order to skip a course that becomes too frustrating would make the game much more enjoyable. Developers seem to miss the fact that when we pay for a game, only to find it unpleasantly aggravating, we avoid future games from that same developer.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 4, 11 12:12 AM
MIJul wrote:I have given up. I've been trying to get past Mystery Madness for over a year, off and on, and uninstalling this game from my computer. Don't buy it! It can not be won. Very discouraging.

I agree that many of these courses are far too difficult to actually be fun; but I have discovered a strategy, of sorts. When I find a course that requires a very long "drive", I play several rounds with the intent of completely filling my "bag". The more clubs you have, the better chance you have of putting together a long "drive". (Now, I hope this will somehow help me win on the last course, The Baron.)

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 4, 11 12:54 AM
Cheers! I actually made it through! I can definitely say that the only hope for getting past the really tough courses (far too many) is to play a few (or several) rounds to make sure you have a complete set of clubs. Having more clubs makes it possible to finish a lot of the holes at, or below, par; because you may be able to clear an extra few cards when you get into a jam. Don't waste your clubs when you are 'way over par, like fourteen or fifteen; just play another round and eventually you will win. (The really fun thing is that now I can play any of the courses.)

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 12:56:15 AM PST

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on May 5, 11 8:51 PM
Many solitaire games do not offer much other than pass-the-time gameplay for which you'd not spend your hard earned money. Came across Fairwary Solitaire, which I'd have to say, is the best of them all. Voices are great and true to the sport. The game is challenging with different objectives on each course, with many mini-win opportunities along the way. In my opinion, certainly worth the money and your time. If I were to guess, there's probably some 100 courses, some 9 holes, others 18 holes. At the start, you choose your character. Then, on your golf game world expedition, you can purchase goodies with your winnings. Definitely worth the free-trial download!

[Post New]by elee40 on May 10, 11 6:02 PM

I love this game; Fairway Solitaire, wish they will make it available for iPad

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on May 11, 11 11:24 AM
Very cute game design but virtually impossible to achieve some of the levels unless you want to spent the next year & half trying. Don't get me wrong, I do like challenging soliaire games but some of these are impossible. At least at the beginning of the game with maybe the first 5 or 6 golf courses to draw you in it isn't too bad but after that forget it. I don't want to spend weeks or months just trying to solve one particular part of the golf course. That, to me, becomes an exercise in futility -- it's worse than looking for hidden objects. Then you complete one "course", most definitely by using all your "clubs -- wild cards", and when you start the next you have nothing left & have to start all over again to collect some since you will most definitely need to have them in order to complete the next course. So then its back to playing the next course another umpteen times to get some more "clubs" or try to add to your $ earnings in order to be able to complete the course or hopefully buy something from the "Golf Shop" but even then everything is "locked" so you can't see what different items are for sale or what you might save your $ for to buy future items which you hope might significantly help you during the game. Plus, there are no irons (wild cards) for Jacks, Queens, Kings, & Aces so that's yet another problem.
I just played Avalon Solitaire & Fairie Solitaire and, at least, they are somewhat attainable & I managed to complete them to the end.

Anyway this is just my opinion but I became extremely frustrated & bored with this game. A very nice design & fun to look at but I, for one like to know that I am progressing in a gamewithout becoming disillusioned & knowing that the game will get more difficult in the latter stages.

[Post New]by pamsandbox on May 14, 11 8:58 AM
lilyr wrote:I love this game. I used to play it a lot on BSG. I got stuck on a course where you had to have 16 cards in a row to unlock the next course. Never did make it past that one!

Hi Lilyr,
I feel your pain. It took me a while before I made it past several courses that tried my patience. However, I'm on my 11th time through Fairway Solitaire, including shelving all the trophies before I start the next new game. I had to remember it's just a game... and a fun, challenging one at that.

Have fun,
~Pamela

[Post New]by were_witch on May 21, 11 9:41 AM
This is one of the first games I purchased form BFG and I've never regretted it. Some of the levels are rather difficult, but that's part of the fun. This is the first computer game I ever talked my husband into playing and now he's hooked. Before that he was afraid to touch a computer. LOL! Love this game.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 20, 11 10:56 AM
Fairway Solitaire (Card)

This is a very addictive solitaire game where you try to get "runs" of cards. For example, if you have a 5, you would place a 4 or a 6 on it (regardless of suit).

The game itself is very easy to learn, as it will give you hints throughout the first "course", which is 10 "holes".

The scoring can be confusing if you're not familiar with golf, so here is a rundown:

NEGATIVE scoring is good!

Getting a PERFECT score (clearing all the cards) will get you at least a birdie, but you can get up to a triple eagle, depending on the difficulty level of the "hole".

Par = meeting the goal of the "hole" (one set of cards)
Birdie = one under par (-1)
Eagle = two under par (-2)
Double Eagle = three under par (-3)
Triple Eagle = four under par (-4) <--This is rare!

If you get dealt a really bad set of cards, the worst you can do on a hole is +5 (even if you're actually +12)

Awesome, addictive card game - be sure to give it a try!

Edited on 06/20/2011 at 10:57:08 AM PST

[Post New]by snowbell22 on Jul 29, 11 8:47 PM
I won I won I won !!!!!!!!! and it only took me a few years. LOL It can be done I was ready to give up and quit but some courses are extremely hard but the card Gods eventually smile down on you and let you win. I still miss playing on our old game community on Big Fish. I wish we still had it.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Sep 21, 11 3:14 PM
What a FUN game ! Happened to see it mentioned in the Chit-Chat forum so dl'd it to try. It's my new favorite addictive game along with the original Fishdom. Now, just how long will it take to get through the course .

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 6, 11 5:19 AM
Downloades this game after the new CE came out to try the demo. Seems like just an ok sol. game. I know people seem to be wild about it bit there are so many other sol. games that I would buy. I sure wouldn't pay full price for it. Bit underwhelmed.

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on Nov 12, 11 10:06 AM
LOVE this game! I find it difficult to stop playing once I start. I demoed the new version and enjoyed it but didn't see the sense in paying $6.99 to buy what is essentially the same game.

Go to: