sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Trivia Machine DD- 1-5-11

[Post New]by sartasia on Jan 5, 11 5:51 AM
Have had this on my desk top for a long time. I pull it up often as a time killer. You can up add more questions and it keeps track of how many you have answered in each catagory over time. It has 3 levels of difficulty in each catagory and allows you the option in each to choose. So if you excel in one catagory but stink in another it makes it a little easier. It also has a lightning round.
The catagories include POP culture, science, literature and history among others. Graphics are nice and clear.
If you like trivia grab this.

ETA: I should have been clearer...the POP culture questions occur in the music and television catagories.

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 6:06:24 AM PST

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Re:Trivia Machine DD- 1-5-11

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jan 5, 11 6:55 AM
Thanks Sartasia - I'll give it a download and try. Be back to give an opinion shortly.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 5, 11 7:54 AM
I don`t care very much for the game. Not very fun for me, so no buy

[Post New]by jennymcclintock on Jan 5, 11 8:05 AM
Hi All!

I enjoy trivia games. I play a lot of them and consider myself to be pretty good at (mostly) useless trivia. Therefore, I find a lot of trivia games a bit too easy and too repetitive.

After playing Trivia Machine for 15 minutes, I found that I liked the game .. it is challenging and quite fun! Graphics are good and there is a variety in the game play. Most importantly, the questions seem to be well-written and well-categorized in the easy-medium-hard categories.

It is a buy for me at DD price!

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jan 5, 11 12:16 PM
Let's just say that im not good at trivia.. but at least I laughed at myself when I played the game .

Probably other people that love trivia and are good at it would enjoyed it immensely. For me it's not a buy

[Post New]by campylaura on Jan 5, 11 6:04 PM
sartasia wrote:It has 3 levels of difficulty in each catagory and allows you the option in each to choose. So if you excel in one catagory but stink in another it makes it a little easier. It also has a lightning round.
The catagories include POP culture, science, literature and history among others. Graphics are nice and clear.

Is this the same game they are offering today? I played it for a while and got through 3 rounds and a lightening round and I never saw "Pop Culture" once. I also cannot figure out how you would select a different difficulty level for the category. There are three boxes (Easy, Medium, Hard) and each one of them already has a category in it and you have to take the choices they pre-select for you. For instance "Easy - Art & Lit" or "Medium - Geography" or "Hard - Television" for example. In that scenario you couldn't pick Television and Easy at the same time unless I am doing something wrong?

I found the questions very difficult and usually I'm good at trivia games.

I am undecided. If anyone can give me pointers if I'm missing something I would appreciate it.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jan 5, 11 7:13 PM
I demo'd this game just to see what it was like. It seemed small and I'm pretty good at trivia. Wow! What a great little game. The questions are appropriate to their level (easy, medium, hard or genius). I love the opportunity to win extra lives and the 60 second lightning round where you have to answer 10 questions in 60 seconds. What a great deal for $2.99!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jan 6, 11 6:14 AM
campylaura wrote:
Is this the same game they are offering today? I played it for a while and got through 3 rounds and a lightening round and I never saw "Pop Culture" once. I also cannot figure out how you would select a different difficulty level for the category. There are three boxes (Easy, Medium, Hard) and each one of them already has a category in it and you have to take the choices they pre-select for you. For instance "Easy - Art & Lit" or "Medium - Geography" or "Hard - Television" for example. In that scenario you couldn't pick Television and Easy at the same time unless I am doing something wrong?

I found the questions very difficult and usually I'm good at trivia games.

I am undecided. If anyone can give me pointers if I'm missing something I would appreciate it.

The choices of difficulty are set for each catagory question you choose but they change every time. Though TV may be under "difficult" in one turn it will turn up under "easy" in another. The gameplay is choosing how to use this. And the bonuses you get under each difficulty level will also influence your choice. Sorry if I confused you.
Try playing with the just the easy questions for a while and see how that works for you. You may realize it's easier than you think.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 22, 12 11:47 AM
Some of the Pop Cultre (Music & Television) are a little dated and there arer way too many "What year was...." questions, but all in all if you like trivia you might like this game

Go to: