bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Phantasmat Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 6, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Phantasmat Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Phantasmat Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Cherieaa
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Welcome to Phantasmat Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Cherieaa on Jan 6, 11 7:34 PM
I finished this game and.........applause......applause.....encore.......encore.

It was a great game and I hope those who are in doubt will just try the trial before opting to not buy.

[Post New]by hawkboy7777 on Jan 7, 11 7:31 AM
5 YEARS and 300 GAMEs This is the BEST by FAR #1 Phantasmat Edition

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Jan 7, 11 8:07 AM
Finished the game and it is great - woot BFG - worth the CE price

Jackiem923
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Jackiem923 on Jan 7, 11 12:07 PM
Will there be a walkthrough posted soon.

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

Loved it!

[Post New]by Michou3 on Jan 7, 11 12:13 PM
Hi there,

I loved almost everything about this game: the story, the length of the game, the interaction with the objects... The only down side would be not having enough extra game play (only half an hour). It's still worth buying though!

[Post New]by Nandrarr3 on Jan 7, 11 1:17 PM
I just got this game. On the hidden objects what is the match 3 mode. Haven't tried it yet

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 7, 11 1:21 PM
Jackiem923 wrote:Will there be a walkthrough posted soon.

There is a strategy guide included with your download. It is in the upper left corner when playing the game. All info you need should be there. The HINT button also gives good suggestions. If you need more help, these forums have been a great help to many.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 7, 11 1:24 PM
Nandrarr3 wrote:I just got this game. On the hidden objects what is the match 3 mode. Haven't tried it yet

Hi Nan,
You can switch to Match 3 mode during any Hidden Object scene and play it Match 3 instead fo finding the objects. They appear as golden eyes that you have to release from the Match 3 game. You can switch back and forth as much as you want.

deebers2u
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by deebers2u on Jan 8, 11 2:10 AM
Loved this game! IMO the black and white fantasy scenes were much less cheesy than live action. Very inventive puzzles and I liked the Match Three option!

In the Trophy section it mentions "level 2". Does anyone know what that means or how to access it?

[Post New]by annamin80 on Jan 8, 11 3:04 AM
Has anyone encountered a problem with the bonus gameplay? I can't get past the third code in the sewers; the code is right but the tunnel won't light up; any ideas?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 8, 11 3:21 AM
@annamin80
Did you put in 5 numbers for the third code? If the code is correct the lights above the box all light and the lights to either the right or left tunnel light. Which way you can go is random. Does this solve your problem?

If you still need help, post a new thread in this forum with your problem. It will get you a faster response. Just use the New Topic button at the top. Those who are helping out usually don't look in this Welcome thread for posts that need answers.

@deeber2u
The trophies are based on their own levels -- not the game levels. You have to accomplish a certain achievement to attain the trophies for those levels, for example a set level of completing H0 scenes without a hint. I don't remember what those numbers are myself. You cannot attain them all in one play through. Every time you play with the same profile you acquire more 'points' toward the trophies. For example, to get the level three achievement in golden eyes you have to have liberated 360 golden eyes (I think that's the right number). Of course, you can't do that in one play through.

But once you do play it enough to gain all of the trophies they really make your dash look pretty

Edited on 01/08/2011 at 3:22:33 AM PST

[Post New]by MBH1960 on Jan 8, 11 3:53 AM
Finally...this game is a must buy. It has it all, excellent graphics, awesome music, good storyline.

So glad that BF is getting away from the game club purchases. Most people don't want to be locked into the club thing.

Thumbs way up!!!

Welcome to Phantasmat Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Mrs_Tom_Robinson on Jan 8, 11 5:26 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Phantasmat Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Phantasmat Collector's Edition players.

I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem I am. When I go to the cemetery and come back to the church tower, the game quits. I get the message "Phantasmat is not working". Any ideas?

[Post New]by Nancy_344 on Jan 8, 11 1:07 PM
I LOVE this game BUT I'm totally stuck. Can't find the 7th key. Can't go back to the underwater town to see if I missed one there. Hint just says "use the keys you have on the locked door in the basement" but I don't have the last key. Can't find any more sparkles. Got half the heart locket by helping the old lady but if I can't get into the basement door.......I'm lost. Where is the walkthrough. The strategy guide didn't help.

[Post New]by peonywa50 on Jan 8, 11 6:53 PM
Hi,
I am stuck in the elevator. I can not return to the hotel. I need to go back to get the hatchet but I can only go to the pier, the elevator and the up elevator. Anyone else have this problem
Thanks

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 9, 11 9:10 AM
@peonywa50
If you look through the discussions/topics there are several about the elevator and how to use it.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/136056.page

When you get in the elevator and go up you have to click to open the door and get out. You must click on the bottom of the screen, kind of in the middle, to get out of the elevator into the basement.

It sounds like you are clicking more toward the top of the screen which the game thinks means you want out toward the pier. You can't do that at the top of the elevator, only at the bottom. Does this make sense to you?

@Nancy.344
The strategy guide tells you where the keys are located as you move through the game. I don't know which keys you have found, so I can't tell you where the "7th key" is located. Some that are easily missed are
The "spot the difference picture" by the kitchen
The pet shop one where you use the crowbar
The fish tank
I think all of the other keys are in H0 scenes. You do each H0 scene 2 times. Have you missed doing one the 2nd time?

Let me know if these "hints" help you out
m

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Jan 9, 11 1:59 PM
Aloha from Hawai'i ~ I have finished the regular game, and one of the Bonus Games, but I still can't access "The Epilogue" (it still has a lock on it). What do I need to do to open it? All it says is finish the game to access it, and I have, and the other Bonus Game, but it still won't open for me. Any suggestions?

O and btw, I LOVED this game! I'm an artist and I thought the graphics were excellent (and the bonus of seeing the concept art was nice), as well as the creepy Gothic story-line, and weird music (a little "Phantom of the Opera" anyone, lol). Plus there were lots of HOG and puzzles to do, and the Match-3 option was an excellent and fun touch. Kudos to the game devs and artists; you've got a winner here! Very cool game!

So does anyone know how to access the "Epilogue? Cheers!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 9, 11 2:59 PM
@Indigo_Frost
Aloha, great to hear from Hawaii. Wish I was there instead of looking at the snow falling outside my window

I'm wondering if you are speaking of one and the same when you say Epilogue and Bonus Game. The Epilogue is opened when you finish the game, but it closes again after you've played it once. You have to play the game again to get it to open up again and its just for that one time. Kind of a bummer, but that's the way it is.

SPOILER!!!!! Highlight to read:
//The Epilogue is a visit to the town before the flood with bright colors. It includes some backstory of the participants. //
Is that the Bonus Game that you are talking about? If it is, you have done the Epilogue.

I agree with you totally about the artwork. It is part of what makes me love this game. The music is original and the website for this game has downloadable mp3s.

[Post New]by farfromthefar on Jan 9, 11 4:24 PM
I have to say, the BF managed to sandwich this game between some really unpleasant games. Good marketing guys. Just when I was ready to stomp off in a grump I find myself swooning over Phantasmat and all is forgiven. lol

Go to: