bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 6, 11 12:15 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Phantasmat Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lynwil on Jan 6, 11 12:24 AM
If this is supposed to be a brand new game, how come I've downloaded it only to be told my trial has expired?

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jan 6, 11 12:26 AM
Very scary games, 20 minutes played and bought it.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jan 6, 11 12:35 AM
I will keep my remarks brief as other fishies are really gonna have a field day reviewing this one...lol, but I will say that the game has gorgeous graphics, 3 modes of play, well done voice overs, music and sound effects befitting a spooky story. Very interactive with HOG scenes not too difficult. This one is right up my alley so a definite buy here.

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jan 6, 11 12:47 AM
grabbinbugs wrote:I will keep my remarks brief as other fishies are really gonna have a field day reviewing this one...lol, but I will say that the game has gorgeous graphics, 3 modes of play, well done voice overs, music and sound effects befitting a spooky story. Very interactive with HOG scenes not too difficult. This one is right up my alley so a definite buy here.

Absolutely Grabbinbugs! I agree 100% and 30 minutes into the game it's a buy for me. Love these "creepy, crawly" games! Thanks Big Fish!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 6, 11 12:50 AM
tried it ... loved it ... bought it ... happy Cherb

Cherb

PS BFG ... Our VAT is now 20% so I owe you $.34 .

ETA

Having played a fair bit more I have to admit that I am not as ecstatic about the game as I originally was due to the large number of hidden object scenes ... yes I do know that that it is a H0 game . It is just that I, personally, would have preferred a bit more to do between each scene so that they weren't quite so close together.

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 1:38:45 PM PST

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Jan 6, 11 12:52 AM
Wow, the graphics of this game are wonderful. I haven't seen a game this crisp and clear for some time. It runs really well on my PC. I bought it after just 15 min. When you download the trial it doesn't take very long, but if you purchase then it gives the large file warning thing. As mentioned by someone else, there are 3 modes of play. Casual, where there is no penalties and more help. Challenge, where there is a clicking penalty and vague hints. And extreme mode, where there is no help, no skipping puzzles, timed H?O scenes, and a serious clicking penalty. From the main menu there is a trophy option for those who like to collect trophies. There is also something a bit different, when you do the H?O scenes, you can switch to match 3 mode and for every eye you get to the bottom, one of the items on your list is taken off. I am off to play some more.

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Jan 6, 11 12:53 AM
I beta tested this for BFG and liked it a lot from what I remember (it was a while ago). Excited to DL and revisit although don't really want to spring for CE again.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 6, 11 12:57 AM
In the options there are music and sound volume. Music got on my nerves after a while. Detect panoramic screen - this did nothing on my PC. Black bars either side. Does not bother me. Film grain - I think this made the H0 scenes a little clearer. Tool tips and match 3 hints. Custon cursor and high details. Not sure if the last 2 did anything. There are 3 levels of difficulty, I chose the middle one. Some items are a little small for some gamers. There are trophies to collect, this should be a nice touch. You can swith to Match 3 in the hidden object scene to aid finding an item. Did not see the point of this. On the whole it seems like an interesting game. SG does not work until you buy. On the fence at the moment. Awaiting faster players reviews to make up my mind. Have fun all.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 6, 11 1:12 AM
Downloading, you sound quite enthusiastic, but another CE !, if I buy the game it will have to be really, really good. Mortlake was and it was a SE.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 6, 11 1:35 AM
Wow graphics super clear, love the look of the game. First 5 minutes knew this is a buy for me.

Like all the options. Hope this game has the length and not to short.

This game ends a real dry spell for me. Only wish the top info black margin wasnt there.

This looks like a real winner.

Super happy game day to all

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Jan 6, 11 1:40 AM
Great graphics! This is very well done with alot of options - and it's soooooo spooky!! I just love it. I'm looking foreward to the C & R'S on this game.
SnowMeow (Calif.)

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jan 6, 11 1:41 AM
I beta tested this game. It is a spectacular game with a riveting plot and gameplay that is a challenge without being horribly too hard. I turn the sound off when I can so I can't comment on the music but the graphics are crystal clear, the hidden objects were well hidden and most were the slap in the head kind - how could I have missed that!.

I wanted to know what happened and how it was going to play out from near the beginning and I was truly tested but not overwhelmingly so on the hard setting.

This is a great game. Enjoy!

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Jan 6, 11 1:46 AM
Wow, wow what an awesome game !! Very user friendly options - it even tells you what % of the game you have played !! It runs on my million year old pc beautifully so it's a definite buy for me !! Thanks BFG & Codeminion - one happy gamer here

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 1:46:29 AM PST

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 6, 11 1:51 AM
Played it for 5 mins and bought it. Really great graphics, interesting storyline and I am a fan of the interaction with the game. I like the different modes of play as well as choosing between a match 3 or a **** to obtain an object to move forward. Off to play some more and provide a response when complete.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 6, 11 2:12 AM
Beautiful graphics, good story,oh sooooo spooky(someone hold me, I'm scared) lol. It's a great game but I'll wait for SE.

I rate this "FINE SWINE"

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

"FINE SWINE" Great game-bells and whistles,best,greatest, I love it.
"PIGLET" Good game-your basic run of the mill Hog. Only for true hog lover's.
"PORK BELLY" Likable for some,but not for everyone.
"TROTTER" Bad game-pig's foot,don't run away with buying it. lol
"PIG DOWN" and rolling in the mudd" -Bad Bad game, don't go near it or you'll get soiled. lol

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Jan 6, 11 2:17 AM
Headed to the BUY NOW button after 5 minutes. Nuff said.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 6, 11 2:19 AM
Glad to read such raving reviews. It better be something if I have to shell out 13.99 for it. You can always depend on a CE to be good. Am downloading now.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jan 6, 11 2:39 AM
WOW !!!!! Creepy and scary never looked so good this game jumps off the screen and grabs you ! It pulls you all the way in!!! What a AWESOME game ! Beautiful graphics freaking scary atmosphere just has it all what more can I say ! This game is just WOW ! Bought it and loving every minute of it. The old dude even looks like the guy from the movie Phantasm I couldn't believe the resemblance. Voice over's are wonderful everything is so crisp and clear and easy to see and if you don't feel like looking for stuff you can switch it to a match 3 which I thought was a really cool touch and something that is very new. I can't say enough good things about this game it is just great if you don't play anymore games this year you have to try this one you want be disappointed. It is great from the get go it is one that pulls you in from the beginning and takes you for a ride. This game is simply CREEPYLICIOUS! Thanks so much Big Fish for this scary jewel. Love it !

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 6:32:16 AM PST

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Jan 6, 11 2:56 AM
Looks like another one for my "to buy" list and I haven't even finished downloading it yet!
Thanks for all the comments

Go to: