bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for 3 Stars of Destiny

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 6, 11 12:17 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of 3 Stars of Destiny? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for 3 Stars of Destiny

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jan 6, 11 5:37 AM
While most of us avid RPGers have owned, played, restarted and replayed from earlier save points this challenging prequel to Laxius Force, it still remains one of the best and most epic games found here @ BFG.
Need I mention what an incredible steal at today's DD price?

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Jan 6, 11 5:49 AM
I bought this sight unseen as I've been slowly getting into RPGs lately. I'm working on Aveyond: Gates of Night. I realize that I REALLY need to improve my map making skills!

From all the reviews, this one sounds great!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 6, 11 11:02 AM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay is standard Ultima engine. The storyline is the only saving grace to this game. Beautifully written it is lovely. Sadly the engine and terrible graphics lower this game's rating.

This game is a C.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 6, 11 11:04 AM

Thanks for the RPG as DD!!!

I lost my copy of this fun game (from the dev) when my computer crashed awhile back. Stupidly did not back-up my file.....

I'm so glad to have it here at BFG where I can endlessly re-load (and play off-line).

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Jan 6, 11 1:49 PM
I'm also delighted to see another DD RPG!

I've tried enough of them now to recognize the RPGmaker engine right away. I wonder, did Ultima have any influence on it? I always thought it was more based on classic Japanese RPGs like Final Fantasy.

This game does include mouse-support (not all RPGs do), though I prefer to use keyboard the vast majority of the time.

My one quibble with the game during my demo was that you cannot see if there are wandering monsters in an area (as in Aveyond). Instead, you are just tossed into a fight scene. I'm sure it works fine, but I think I prefer the other style.

Thanks for the info re Laxius Force -- I'll play that one when I've finished 3 Stars.

[Post New]by lovehats on Mar 22, 11 8:55 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 9:27:00 PM PST

Your Comments and Reviews for 3 Stars of Destiny

[Post New]by saradaniel on Feb 6, 12 11:36 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of 3 Stars of Destiny? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/135817.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by MonicaCruz on Sep 28, 12 9:28 AM
It's been a LONG time since I played it but I still have FOND memories of it.
One of the greatest if not the greatest game ever.

[Post New]by sheilanuttell on Aug 6, 14 10:08 AM
just want to say in the ,halls of madness to see doctor dyper you need 8000 to pay man for info to cut waiting list in walkthrouth it says 2000 and guess what iv spent my money and only got 6000

Go to: