bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Cake Mania

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 6, 11 12:22 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Cake Mania? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cake Mania

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jan 7, 11 12:16 AM
About 45 mins into the demo.... Oh dear I do not think this is for me does anything else happen other than making the same coloured cakes in the same shapes , reached goals easily...... Graphics not good I cannot read the scripts in some scenes ..... And the customers all the same figures in a row???? and why do they keep getting surrounded in rectangular blurry shapes ?
Not the best game for me but maybe lots of people will like it !!

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jan 22, 11 5:33 PM
I really did not care for this game. The graphics where good. The upgrades slow. It just really did not appeal to me at all. But since I bought it, I finished it. No big thrill for me. Maybe for someone younger.

[Post New]by sarahbera1218 on Aug 21, 11 6:45 PM
I know this game is kind of ancient now, but I was replaying a few of the newer ones I had bought and decided to buy Cake Mania 1 and 2 so I can get the whole story behind Jill and all that. So I'm playing through, and do a bit of a boo-boo and wasn't too pleased to see there wasn't a restart the level choice. I clicked to go back to the main menu only to find that because I hadn't saved the game I had to restart it. I wasn't too far in, so it wasn't THAT bad, but then I spend most of the night playing through the whole game until I got to the last level. It was super late and I just wanted to get to bed, so I exited the game, having a feeling I'd just screwed myself over.

Well, what do you know, I start up the game today and have to put my name in again and start the game ALL OVER AGAIN. To say I'm not pleased is putting it mildly. I'll still play it again, but I'm definitely pretty angry about it. I know there's nothing to be done about it now, but it still irks me.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Sep 17, 11 1:35 PM
Overall Impression: a game that really hasn't aged well; I give it .

Pros:
-- the graphics are bright and colorful
-- most levels are passable within a try or two

Cons:
-- did not automatically save the game when you exited
-- no way to skip tutorial (highly annoying when you were forced to restart the game because you didn't realize it didn't automatically save where you were)
-- apparently you can only lose so many times before the game ends completely

Will Probably Appeal to: those who like older, more-traditional TM games

Will Probably Not Appeal to: those who prefer a more "modern" approach to the genre

Hoops3546
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Hoops3546 on Mar 29, 12 6:53 PM
Big thumbs down to this game.

[Post New]by animefan18 on Nov 23, 12 1:18 PM
I find the game fun and addictive. It also makes me crave cake. I give it 8 out of 10, a perfect beginning to an amazing series.

Go to: