bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

The Augments

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jan 6, 11 8:29 AM
amiccable wrote:I dont understand the augments
I havent used any so far, i have no idea what they do, or dont do...
I'm just playing the game without them.
A little help? with the augments? please, would be really appreciated.
Ami

Okay, lets discuss augments! The following post will be a list of the augments I see in my game, so far, and what your weapon or armor will be called if that augment is used. Once augmented, the weapon's name will change but you'll have to remember what your augments did so you can plan your battle strategy. You can look up in your augments menu what they do. Carry around a few extras of all the cheap ones so you can change weapons right away when you find them in chests instead of having to wait until you get back to a gem shop.

Anybody who has any favorite augments they like to use, or knows of some not listed, please add!

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:The Augments

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jan 6, 11 8:48 AM
Ruby - of Fire
Sapphire - of Water
Emerald - of Lightning
Consecrated Emblem - of Zeal
Ancient Rune - of Vengeance
Amethyst - of Stability
Platina Coin - of Sheen
Nerve Root - of Pain
Arcane Residue - of Clarity***
Sonorous Bell - of the Siren
Demon Horn - of Doom
Diamond - of Purity
Drakonoid Tear - of Magic
Adamantoise Scale - of Might
Puffin Feather - of Puissance
Raw Iridium - of Excellence
Behemoth Pelt - of Vitality
Ominous Skull - of Blood
Phoenix Feather - of Rebirth
Rainbow Prism - of Kings
Ferocity Gem - of Ferocity
Clarity Gem - of Clarity***
Alacrity Gem - of Alacrity

*** Both of these augments rename your weapon "of clarity" such as Warmasters Shield of Clarity. You'll have to remember which one you used, so you'll know if you've made your character resistant to silence or boosted their intelligence.

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jan 6, 11 9:09 AM
memawclay2 wrote:I think there is a chart listing the alterations @ harmonic's forum....
in the Teresa doesn't stop fighting, what a gal post here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/135634.page

Hi memawclay2!
Hope it's okay I moved that over to this post so the augment info can be all in one thread. My tired old eyes didn't even see that white lettering until long after I responded to your post! LOL

I can't find any such list at Harmonic's forum, and there's no search feature over there. If you have it handy, and without doing anything verboten here , could you somehow draw attention to where it is?

harmonic42
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by harmonic42 on Jan 6, 11 12:56 PM
Demonic Soul - of Brutality
Anachronic Regulator - of Eternity
Divine Quintessence - of Omnipotence

re: two clarity augments... whoops!

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 6, 11 11:29 PM
i'm really sorry...

I'm still lost about them I don't really understand what goes where

There's so much equipment floating around, i got one of everything practically, and in some cases four of each...

i really dont know what to do to boost the magic knights fighting prowess his swords are useless im getting 0/0 hits off him on alot of things

the same goes for the princess witch i got no idea what'll make her a good fighter at all... i tried the amethist thing on her glimmer whip and she still doesnt hit much harder than the magic knight

im getting paltry hits from the other lady knight and i have to keep using magic knights healling in every round over and over because i just dont have enough battering power to kill the monsters and i'm on level 22 with them all

I have all theses seals i dont know who to give to either, must have at least a dozen or so by now.

*sigh* I'm at the bit just before the bridge thing. I did the bridge thing and they overran me in ten minutes

Ami

harmonic42
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by harmonic42 on Jan 7, 11 12:47 AM
To take the easy route, just have your characters specialize in something.

Ruby is naturally very good at magic damage. Her all-hitting magic can be particularly useful for clearing out groups quickly. Invest all her skill points in one element. Get the highest level fire spells, then fire specialization as a passive.

Maric is a bit more tricky, but he can easily be made to deal a lot of damage with his elemental sword skills. Especially if they match what Ruby is using.

It's mostly skills and equipment that determine what your party can do... augments are mostly just a fun way to customize the equipment to your liking.

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 7, 11 1:08 AM
um... yes? do go on? please explain more?

please?

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jan 7, 11 6:56 AM
Here's what I did, as an example:

Maric - He did more damage than anybody, hands down. I always equipped him with a headband - vest or chain mail - grips. I gave him amulets for protection from stun and silence and augmented his armor for protection from poison, instant death and confusion. I put a fire blade in his right hand and the strongest "edge" blade in his left. Here's one example of his equipment in my game:
Magma Blade of Pain (augmented with nerve root, poisons the enemy so they lose HP every turn)
Obsidian Edge of Stability (augmented with amethyst, often stuns the enemy so enemy loses a turn)
Behemoth Headband of the Siren (augmented with sonorous bell, so he is resistant to confusion and won't end up attacking his friends)
Ashigaru Vest of Doom (augmented with Demon Horn so he's resistant to instant death spells from the enemy - they still get him, but not quite so often)
Dragonscale Grips of Pain (augmented with nerve root, makes him resistant to poisoning)
Amulet of Clarity to protect from silence
Amulet of Freedom to protect from stun

Ruby has a sonorous bell on her whip in my game, and she often confuses the enemy so they attack each other. I put her skill points to the highest I could afford in Blood Tap, Bloodlust, Dark Holy, Nuke, Gigavolt, and fire attunement and lightning attunement. She has a strength of 1 in my game, so I just use her to inflict a status with her whip, not do damage, but her spells are awesome.

Hope this explains a little.

Edited on 01/07/2011 at 7:09:11 AM PST

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jan 7, 11 7:02 AM
Oh, and one more thing about Maric in the above post. If you're going to do that with him, make sure you give him as high a subversion skill as you can, because he'll do huge damage and his threat will go way up. Try to keep the threat on Teresa and Carrion as much as you can.

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 7, 11 1:46 PM
Oh thank you bella!!!!!! *hug*!!!!! that helps some, time to experiment...

now... which ones Maric? Because... well... they give you the option to change names when you meet them... and i did...

Ami

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jan 7, 11 2:21 PM
Oh geez! I suppose changing their names would lead to a little confusion if we all talked about them by name, wouldn't it! LOL

Carrion - The tall, dark and handsome Imperial Knight
Maric - The very charming and handsome magic knight
Teresa - The Conclave Sentinel
Ruby - The sassy Princess

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 7, 11 2:49 PM
Exactly! LOLOL! Not doing that again! At least not on the first play through LOLOLOL

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 7, 11 5:58 PM
bellagoth wrote:Here's what I did, as an example:

Magma Blade of Pain (augmented with nerve root, poisons the enemy so they lose HP every turn)
Obsidian Edge of Stability (augmented with amethyst, often stuns the enemy so enemy loses a turn)
Behemoth Headband of the Siren (augmented with sonorous bell, so he is resistant to confusion and won't end up attacking his friends)
Ashigaru Vest of Doom (augmented with Demon Horn so he's resistant to instant death spells from the enemy - they still get him, but not quite so often)
Dragonscale Grips of Pain (augmented with nerve root, makes him resistant to poisoning)
Amulet of Clarity to protect from silence
Amulet of Freedom to protect from stun

little problem... i have no idea what the starting weapons were... i dont have an obsidian edge, nor a behemoth headband nor a magma blade...

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jan 7, 11 8:25 PM
I didn't mean for you to copy that exactly. If you don't have those things, use another headband, another "edge" blade, etc. If you don't have the Magma Blade yet, there are similar weapons that you find earlier. The thing you want to do it, if you use an ice/water weapon for Maric's right-hand weapon, then give Ruby the passive skill that enhances ice/water and it will not only strengthen Ruby's spells but will also strengthen Maric's hits. Likewise with fire or electricity, as Harmonic mentioned about the passive skills. The fire weapons give a little better stats than the others, at first glance, but ice will inflict a slow status at a high enough skill, so they're all good. Just use what you can do the best with. The example should give you a good start, though, and once you do it, it will make sense, I think. PM me if you get stuck and let me know a few weapons and gear that you have, and I can help you sort it.

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 7, 11 8:29 PM
Oh!!! I see! Thank you! *HUGS!*

It's so... grown up! I've never had such a grown up thinking game before! Wonderful though

I'll definately use the strengthening tip!

Thank you very very very much Bella

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 9, 11 11:01 AM
bellagoth wrote:Oh, and one more thing about Maric in the above post. If you're going to do that with him, make sure you give him as high a subversion skill as you can, because he'll do huge damage and his threat will go way up. Try to keep the threat on Teresa and Carrion as much as you can.

I did do that, and it didnt help... I did it with all of them, they all have ruby weapons, and it's helped with the princess, the magic knight only went up to sixty on his hits...

I'll keep going and see if i can get through to something else.

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jan 9, 11 12:19 PM
Something's goofy if he only does 70 damage. Is he doing 70 damage with each hand, or total?

I'm in the beginning of my new game and don't have a save file from anywhere except the end to compare to. Where are you?

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 9, 11 12:26 PM
i'm at the battle for rimorch trying to run the maze, second go and only three chests I didnt find the heart card

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Nov 4, 11 7:21 AM
Thank goodness for this information. I'm almost finished with the game and I've just realized that I can augment more than my weapons. I've got to play this game again for the full benefits of the augments

Go to: