1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

Great and amazing game but...

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Dec 1, 08 2:39 PM
Love this game. The graphics are wonderful, the story line is interesting and involving. But I don't like the adventure mode. I like the challenging puzzles but I prefer the original mode with a map. I keep having to exit out to go check the strategy guide to find out what I'm supposed to do and where I go. (Drives my husband nuts when I do that. Told him "Fine, when I'm done he can play it and see if he can finish without the guide.") I don't care about the clock or hints. But give me a map!

Am I the only one?

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

Re:Great and amazing game but...

[Post New]by gapalms on Dec 1, 08 2:48 PM
I agree 1 of 5. A map would have been very helpful especially in the beginning. I was literally going around in circles for awhile until my mental map finally kicked in!! An unnecessary frustration, IMHO.

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Dec 1, 08 2:58 PM
Trouble is I have no mental map. My brain just refuses to work that way. The thing about the map is I know where I need to go to get what I need thanks it it. I have no problem with finding tools/items. Just tell me where to look for them!

The joke around here is I navigate by malls and hubby by 7 Elevens.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 2, 08 2:59 AM
juliamadeane, LOL a Myst player here as well. I also play my games by sketching a map as I go. Lesson well learned by playing the various Myst games. Sure helped a lot with this game.

teapot3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by teapot3 on Dec 2, 08 3:51 PM
[quocan you tell me me our many levals its got......te=1_of_5]Finished it late last night. Stand by the thread title "Great and amazing game but.." Probably not going to replay as much as I do the others though.

I see where the confusion happened (my head's a little clearer). It's not that after a moment of thinking I couldn't remember where someplace was. The problem I had with not having a map is that I was walking in circles looking for what I was supposed to do as opposed to having a map telling me I need to go "here" to do something. Like the first few MCFs. You clicked on a room or place and went there, when done you were sent back to the map and it told you where you still needed to go.

Still waiting for hubby to do it without the strategy guide. See if he can do better than I did.

Go to: