Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

BONUS LEVEL

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jan 6, 11 10:35 AM
I DID IT....YIPPEEEEEEE I DID IT.......!!!!! Just barely though. I figured out that if you upgrade to level 3 you won't have enough time...Level 3 is 30 seconds for product to replenish itself and then you only get 9 plus 3 and level 1 product replenishes in 15 seconds but you only get 5 plus 3 in 15 seconds which ends up being more than level 3, in 30 seconds, so I split the different and did level 2 which is 14 product. Then I discovered that I saved up projects, so I bought off all the guards before building the temples so that I could use the hammer to build at least 3 of the temples and use the pick axe for gold and trees. I am so happy with myself. I wished I had a dollar for every time I've restarted this game. But let me say I am tickled pink. I did upgrade the sawmill to level 2 in the beginning and the camp so I immediately had 4 workers and then cut trees to be able to immediately upgrade storage to 3. Then saved up enough lumber to use the hammer to build and then later upgrade the Fisherman's hut, pig farm, quarry and gold mine thus saving time and building them all at once.

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 10:36:41 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:BONUS LEVEL

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 6, 11 5:42 PM
Right flippin on. I'm going back right now to do the same thing, I hope. Doesn't it feel great when you beat something that seemed unbeatable.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jan 6, 11 8:51 PM
Thanks for the really great tips

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jan 7, 11 1:16 AM
Ya, I kept thinking and noticing that level 1 would replenish quicker, so timed it and made the great discovery. If you stay at level 1 for the food, quarry, gold mine and sawmill, you have to really keep on it and always have at least one guy free to pick up the stuff, so that's why I ONLY upgraded to Level 2. I had to restart about 1/2 a dozen times after the discovery because I was so used to upgrading to the max.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 8, 11 7:43 PM
I DID IT IDID IT I DID IT!!!! I just now beat the last level by the skin of my teeth.I don't think I could explain what I did right because I was so zoned in to that game that I don't even remember what order I built the temples. WOW!!!! I'm high on little peeps right now. Now I know how you felt Cromaxgal.I knew I'd never give up until I won every level on expert and now I did it. Sorry fishies for all the bragging but hey, I did it.

Vixen63
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Vixen63 on Jan 11, 11 3:54 PM
WOOHOO! I finished the Bonus Level in Expert Time!!!! Gawd knows how many times I had to replay this.

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Jan 12, 11 6:34 AM
Thankyou!

The key is definitely ONLY upgrade storehouse to level 3, and the other buildings only to level 2.

beat it on expert with time to spare this way.. hurray!!!

[Post New]by keithwhitleyfan on Jan 13, 11 10:22 AM
I played the bonus level twice my way, then I read the post with the tips, and then played again, and finished the bonus level in expert time with plenty of time left. I even wasted a power-up because I mistimed it. Thanks so much for sharing the tip with us!

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on Jan 15, 11 1:20 AM
AriadneSP... thank you. I didn't read the other posts clearly enough. I have been trying and trying to finish it with storehouse on lvl 2 and everything else on full levels. Your clear post got my brain thinking the right way... (sorry everyone else, I must be tired after running a holiday camp for 110 kids lol) I swapped and won it on expert. THANKS!!!

[Post New]by robin51009 on Jan 18, 11 4:10 PM
Congrats to all who have gotten this level. It is possible, however, to upgrade buildings to the max and still get expert on this level. Did it yesterday. Just have to make sure to get at least three people working as soon as possible.

JennL777
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by JennL777 on Jan 20, 11 7:10 PM
Thank you SO SO MUCH!!! I had NO clue that Level 3 would slow things down like that. Made it with time to spare!!!

[Post New]by DeetyB on Jan 30, 11 9:54 AM
Hooray!

Finally got expert!

I went the maxing out my buildings route and building my Temples as they came available, except for one.

*Make sure that the Temple below the Goldmine is the LAST one! (Shortest run back to camp.)

*Save your last Hammer just for that Temple.

*I'm not sure about this but I think I had some success by making sure I had all the bandits paid off before I did anything that would make my little guys extra hungry!

That means no mining for gold-piles or chopping at crystals until you can put some fish-hams back in the larder. Just keep gathering up your stone and gold from your maxed out quarry and mine whilst you set up your bridges and ladders for a bit.

Once you have enough fish-hams for 3 little guys to each work on a crystal, send them on their way and send your last guy after the pick-axe.

While they are whacking away, he can keep gathering whatever stone,or gold , or fish-hams that pop up.

Then I had two guys on gold-pile duty whilst the other two were available to pick up anything that "bings".

Except for wood, you don't need wood at this point (there is nothing left to build) and if it's just sitting there in front of the Sawmill, it's one less "bing" to pay attention to. Also, I don't sweat the fish-hams too much either.

As soon as you have enough stone, send one guy down to the Temple under the Goldmine and another after the Hammer

Then, bite your nails and watch the little green bar!

[Post New]by DeetyB on Jan 30, 11 10:20 AM
Oh.

The not maxing out your buildings right away, was a brilliant insight BTW and I found it very helpful in my game.

Thank you!

I tried it a couple of times without maxing out my buildings, except for the Storehouse but I just never could make expert time. (Different game styles, I guess.)

I just tried to get my Storehouse up to par and as many buildings producing as fast as possible in the beginning and "binging" willy-nilly. Once my Storehouse was maxed out, I did find it helpful though to upgrade the Quarry and the Goldmine earlier rather than later.

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Jan 31, 11 5:35 PM
I upgraded fully for all buildings and had time to spare I just made sure that I did my storehouse, quarry, and gold mine asap

katlady3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by katlady3 on Feb 1, 11 7:50 PM
How do you get the bonus level unlocked? I finished all other levels, but it keeps telling me level 41 is locked!! Thanks for any help!

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Feb 1, 11 9:26 PM
I had to exit and then go back in the game in order to play it....not sure why...I also got expert on all levels...I think you need to do that as well...good luck!

katlady3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by katlady3 on Feb 2, 11 8:08 PM
tamk42 wrote:I had to exit and then go back in the game in order to play it....not sure why...I also got expert on all levels...I think you need to do that as well...good luck!

Thanks tamk42...I guess I'll try that!

Go to: