gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Dragon - DD for Jan7, 2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 7, 11 12:56 AM
I played 20 minutes of the demo while waiting for MCF 13th Skull to download. I enjoyed the music and artwork of it - once I turned the music volume up (- the default is music at 0 volume).

The gameplay so far is what you'd expect, with one twist. That twist is that the ball you shoot can displace another ball, if the ball hit is a different color than the one shot or if it's a single ball not in a pair or group. I just figured that out as I played and didn't lose a level yet. So at least it's not exactly same-old.

I'm not convinced to buy it yet, but I do intend to play more of the demo.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Dragon - DD for Jan7, 2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 7, 11 11:20 AM
The graphics are nice. The gameplay is a bubblepopper. It is fun. The music is nice, just remember to turn it up.

This game is a B.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 7, 11 1:20 PM
I did finish playing the demo and enjoyed it. It's not enough different from the other marble poppers I own for me to want to buy it, but it was enough to make me play the whole demo...

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Jan 8, 11 12:14 AM
Unfortunately, I was playing the demo and lost track of time so missed out on the DD. I wasn't even going to try it because I have a bunch of marble popper games, but I tried it anyway. I think it is very different from my other ones. The main difference is the fact that if you don't make a match, the marble you are shooting replaces the one it hits. So, if you have a bunch of one color separated by one of another color, you can shoot one of the matching color and bump the odd one out and make a long chain. Also the "cue" of marbles is at the bottom of the screen where your shooter is so you can select the next color then right click so you have the color you just selected. I know I didn't do a great job of explaining, but it is pretty cool, it really changes the strategy of the game. If it comes around again as a DD I'll definitely pick it up.

Go to: