Senior Citizens sign in!!

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Arlysv on Oct 15, 17 9:04 AM
Hi, my first time on, i’m 74 so think I qualify! I’m stuck in Seoul so used my vouchers to go to Netherlands, my roots! I have so many of those, i’ll Simply fly around the world instead of that old boat! I’ve loved reading your remarks and easy spots. Anymore besides New York 47 and San Francisco 28?

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Oct 15, 17 10:13 AM
I agree with lordkalvan - I play the event cities, but don't always finish them. Weirdly, they are more difficult than regular cities on my devices. Even the intern levels are hard. Some levels are easy, but most are not. I was able to get through Summer Camp and Monsterville. Completing all Intern levels doesn't reward much and I end up buying resources. They cost more coins than I earn. But it's a nice diversion from regular cities.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 15, 17 4:02 PM
Welcome Arlysv. As you are in Seoul, the best level for you to be aware of at that stage is Rome 87. You can play that one over hundreds of times, its easy, it gets all 3 coloured resources, and you can use them to buy green gems for any city in order to save having to buy them on helping hands, or if a 10 level mission prize is just green gems, it saves you having to complete the required levels to get them. It saves a heap of coins so you can use them to spend on boosts etc or simply save them up. There is another thread called 'Best levels to replay for resources in each city'. have a read through that one, its invaluable. And hang in there, when you finish Seoul, you are over the absolute worst of the cities, from there on, it does improve a lot, and after Amsterdam, it improves even more, but the real hard slog is nearly over after Seoul.

Edited on 10/15/2017 at 4:04:11 PM PST

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 18, 17 9:33 PM
Hey Jules, just wanted to pop in here and clarify part of your comment, based on my research the "Valley of Death" runs from New Orleans through Havana, once in Rio it drops back to the difficulty level of London, Rome and Berlin. It seems to hold that until Amsterdam when as you said it becomes much easier.

keitht53
Herring
Herring
327 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Oct 19, 17 3:02 AM
From my experience 'Event Cities' vary greatly in their level of difficulty. I've just completed Monsterville with no real problems, but gave up on one of the other recent 'Event Cities' before I'd even completed at Intern level because it was requiring the use of far too many boosts.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 19, 17 4:25 AM
I totally agree Keith, Route 66 was a piece of cake but Summer Camp was downright brutal! Monsterville hasn't given me much trouble and I'm just sliding along while I ship tons of resources in Shanghai!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 19, 17 4:43 AM
Grampa, I have to admit, I didn't find all of those cities between NO and Havana to be as bad on the whole as some people find them but many levels in them were simply dreadful and seemingly impossible, by far, the worst of all the cities in the entire game were NO, Barcelona, Shanghai, LA and Seoul, but I generally found all the others after that were roughly ok and got through in normal sort of time which on average was about 3 weeks (then) of playing and that was with just 3 lives at that time. I was not impressed to find that the number of levels in NY was increased to 150, I saw that as the developers getting too cocky for themselves and that was the same sentiment I had seeing those horrible hard levels too. I think it was in LA, that they got too cocky as well as I think from memory that was one of the first where having to do all 3 tiers of every single level in the last 20 levels just to get the 10 item missions happened, which was really painful. They thought they were too clever for words chucking ridiculous challenges at us like that. All of the cities after Havana to Amsterdam I found on average to be ok and thereafter, relatively easy as they are now. I had no help from forums or anyone at that time as I had not discovered this wonderful resource here, wish I had. However, every single city in the entire game has hard and easy levels, its just that those 'horrendous' ones had a far greater number of them and of those, many seemed simply impossible and ridiculously hard. Its no wonder people got that far only to just give up, as they still do now. But the developers don't seem to think they did it wrong, yet we all see it for what it is and that is just too hard. I don't understand why you would make some levels almost impossible to do and therefore, drive away your potential paying customers. Business does not work like this. I see that as the same sort of thing as running a business, say a shop, and being rude to customers and driving them away. Thank goodness the cities have got much better but if all the levels were too easy, it would not be fun or challenging. But there are limits for some people.

Gummynut
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Oct 19, 17 5:13 AM
FYI on a previous topic. Daily deal after 30 days of playing was 3 lightning bolts for me.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 19, 17 5:14 AM
Jules, the majority of my research was based on going back over the city help threads and the shear volume of complaints about those cities going back to 2014 when the game started, and yes I've had a busy summer with that research! My better half says I'm a little O.C.D. that way at times. My biggest gripe with those cities has been the totally ridiculous amounts of resources they require to build a monument, I mean 5.1 million blue hats for a monument? At least by Rio they seem to have gotten the message on that! That one was very well thought out. And that whole bit about forcing us to complete all three tiers on the ten blocks is just adding insult to injury!

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 19, 17 7:37 AM
Santa Fe is open, Abu Dhabi next. But, you have to reload every city AGAIN to ship resources. What are they thinking?

Edited on 10/19/2017 at 7:46:49 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
674 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 19, 17 10:52 AM
No Santa Fe here yet

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,315 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 19, 17 3:50 PM
Santa Fe just showed up for iPad in App Store updates. Downloading now.

"Just" as in I've been obsessively checking updates at least every hour and it wasn't there on the last check.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 19, 17 4:17 PM
Downloading Santa Fe as I speak, will check it all later and do the individual cities, i hope they don't take many hours like they did the last two updates. Its so frustrating.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 19, 17 9:11 PM
Mine came in at 8pm PDT, other than Santa Fe arriving haven't noticed any other difference.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
674 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 20, 17 12:31 AM
40 seconds per city to download them all again what on earth are they thinking?? So now we have Monsterville still going, Santa Fe starting and another Everest challenge running - big decisions to be made!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,315 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 20, 17 3:44 AM
The past several days before Santa Fe dropped cities loaded more quickly for me, about five to ten seconds. I'm going to only download cities as I need them. I'm sure that the slowness is due to too many players downloading cities at the same time.

Edited on 10/20/2017 at 3:45:28 AM PST

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 20, 17 11:29 AM
Hey all you A-Team members, trav and I finished the new monuments thread last night, and she sent me the info on level 10, so the rest of you folks send me a PM as you race through, Trav3lbird is leaving on a vacation Sunday so I'm handling the posting duties for Santa Fe, happy gaming and bon voyage trav3lbird!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 20, 17 5:34 PM
Have a great holiday trav3lbird. Enjoy!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
674 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 20, 17 7:20 PM
Thanks Grampa and Jules, looking forward to 12 days away, will report on return!

[Post New]by Froggieloveyou on Oct 21, 17 8:47 AM
Welcome Arly. Got 3 lightning bolts after 30 days and they helped me complete Seoul. Still need to build the monument but so relieved to finish the challenges.

Go to: