bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Gem Shop forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Gem Shop forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Gem Shop players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Gem Shop forum

[Post New]by Angels_Whisper05 on Aug 8, 09 3:32 AM
UGH!! This game is hard. I can make it to level 12 and then the customers start getting really peeved at me and I lose. Any advice on what to buy first? Most expensive jewelry or the "treats" to keep them happy? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

[Post New]by bumper on Aug 22, 09 4:17 PM
Hi, I quite agree with Angels Whisper05, I bought this game when it came out and I can only get to Level 11 and no further. I dont want give in to this game and would love to reach level 20 let alone level 60 odd. Any advice from those who are at the upper levels would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[Post New]by Broshar on Sep 12, 09 4:29 AM
Hi
In reply to earlier messages i was also having trouble but really enjoying the game so i kept at it. I found by collecting as many coins as possible and trying not to spend any in the first 5 levels i was able to collect 100coins and then get the most expensive piece of jewelry first. I did lose a life trying to get to the 100 coins but it was worth it then try and make sure you can make the most out of the money use the bonus on the bottom. Hope this helps
Cheers

paraloki
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by paraloki on Dec 23, 09 11:56 AM
You should buy the most expensive jewelery first. So then you can get alot of money. Hope this helped!

[Post New]by vivario on May 3, 10 8:45 PM
I tried for months...could not get passed level 14...gave up...tried again a few months later using the tips suggested in the forum ...buy most expensive jewelry first even by losing a life...tried about every different methods ...collect as many coins as possible...or buy lots of treats instead etc....nothing nothing works !!!!! What am I doing wrong ????? When I see people getting to level 60 or even worse 300...how do they do it ?????????????

[Post New]by aussiegrandma on May 11, 10 7:32 PM
Guess I'm not cut out to play this game. Can't make it past level 10 in casual mode. Won't let grandson play as I find this a most frustrating game, he will probably have a giant tantrum. Casual level claims it is a ' relaxed pace', yeah right.

[Post New]by aussiegrandma on May 26, 10 3:00 PM
As opposed to my previous post, I kinda like this game, like others players I cannot get past levels 10, 11 and 12. I find in casual mode it is fast paced not like other games where casual can be easier, pity the designers couldn't re-design this game a little more user friendly. Like others I have tried to buy expensive first, and then when I try and build up the money pool, I then fall in a heap and lose. Notice the game doesn't have a popular tag, can understand why!!!!! So frustrating.

[Post New]by silvershade on Sep 23, 10 5:08 PM
Bought the game and now it's a crap shoot as to whether or not it will load to play. I click on the icon, it acts like it's loading, then it minimizes to the lower toolbar. When I try to pull up the game, it promptly re-minimizes. I've tried loading the game through the game manager, but get the same response.

So far, the game has loaded properly TWICE. That's it. Every other time, I've had to exhibit a level of patience I don't really possess. Usually, I quit trying after three or four times of not being able to load the game.

[Post New]by mcobb48 on Nov 27, 10 4:56 AM
So what are the answers to these questions.
I have posted questions, if there was a response, no clue.

Why do we have this forum if we dont get to see the response to your question that may or may not assist you in your game.

This is what i am assuming one of the reasons why there is a forum.

[Post New]by mcobb48 on Dec 19, 10 7:46 AM
I see alot of disappointed players.

no responses to questions; oh there is one.

this must be what BIG FISH GAMES is all about.
wasted my money and time.

TRULY DISAPPOINTED

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Feb 4, 11 1:49 PM
By gems first and then the treats. Starting with coffee and presents. If you don't think you can get the gem for 100 coins without losing a life then get the one for 75 coins until you can build up to 100 coins again. Match the coins as much as possible until you have maxed the presents out at nine. Get the gems first.

elefun123
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by elefun123 on Jun 24, 11 6:56 PM
i play this game almost everyday to relieve stress i could verly make it to level12 its very difficult i look at the score and people have very high scores i dont know how they do it?

elefun123
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by elefun123 on Jun 24, 11 6:59 PM
vivario wrote:I tried for months...could not get passed level 14...gave up...tried again a few months later using the tips suggested in the forum ...buy most expensive jewelry first even by losing a life...tried about every different methods ...collect as many coins as possible...or buy lots of treats instead etc....nothing nothing works !!!!! What am I doing wrong ????? When I see people getting to level 60 or even worse 300...how do they do it ?????????????

your absolutely right about this game i played this game alot and cannot pass it i look at the scores from people around the world and people are in levels 100?

elefun123
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by elefun123 on Jun 24, 11 7:01 PM
Angels_Whisper05 wrote: UGH!! This game is hard. I can make it to level 12 and then the customers start getting really peeved at me and I lose. Any advice on what to buy first? Most expensive jewelry or the "treats" to keep them happy? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

thats the same thing i do i could only get to level 12 and try to make customers happy but it wont help i keeep losing.

[Post New]by nustar on Aug 4, 13 4:24 PM
Level 11 error. I agree with many of the posts about not getting past level 11 or 12. I've been playing Gem Shop for several years now and had something new happen today that I've not seen before. The sales goal for level 11 is $25000 and my final sales were $25005. When the Closing Time screen appeared, it shows my sales goal as $25000 and my sales as $25005 and it says I have a net loss of $-85. Then it goes on to tell me that my goal was not met. I saved a screen shot because I see this as an error in the game.
I'm interested to see if there is a response or an explanation.

[Post New]by jst4pat on Mar 15, 14 3:20 PM
I have a new Mac and can't get Gem shop to open. I get a 3x3 inch square with all the gems running around. Get a note telling me the game has been paid for and I can play as long as I want. It has been downloaded several times per instructions..nothing..Help.
As for tips on playing the game..on my PC {before Mac} I have gotten to level 36..I earn tokens up to about leval 7, then spend on expensive gems. I buy as many gems as I can before buying treats. You can tell when you need treats when your profit is about $5-6000, and you don't have enough tokens or have bought all the expensive gems. I also buy some middle gifts before buying any others. Maybe 2 middle and 1 great gift..then fill in with the smaller gifts. Hope this helps

Go to: