bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull!

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 7, 11 3:31 PM
Need help stopping the evil pirate? Check out the walkthrough for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull on our blog!

To get to our blog, click on the Big Fish Games logo at top left to go to the home page, then click on “Blog” under “Featured Areas” on the left side of the page. On the right side of the blog is a link to all of the walkthroughs we’ve posted.

Or you can click here.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 11:05:41 AM PST

Re:Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull!

[Post New]by pbutler1234 on Jan 13, 11 2:34 PM
can you help, got to piano room, side panel where you have to take screws out, only one screw will come out, tried and tried to get other screws out but wont come out, any suggestions please, it is driving me crazy. started at begging three times now and each time when i come to take paqnel off side piano, it let's me take one and then that is it, please help

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 13, 11 5:29 PM
pbutler1234 wrote:can you help, got to piano room, side panel where you have to take screws out, only one screw will come out, tried and tried to get other screws out but wont come out, any suggestions please, it is driving me crazy. started at begging three times now and each time when i come to take paqnel off side piano, it let's me take one and then that is it, please help
Please check the thread 13th Skull ** FAQs ** Lots of SPOILERS But here's the relevant section:
My SCREWDRIVER won’t work on the PIANO/my KEYS won’t go in the CEMETERY GATE!
In older versions of the game, the game reads where you place your cursor, not where you place the tip of the screwdriver or key. While holding your tool focus on placing your cursor on the screw or keyhole. You will end up using your screwdriver or key about halfway down their bodies.

[Post New]by suecastle on Jan 14, 11 10:48 PM
I have all 4 key but I can't get them to open the gate??? The signs are diffent on the lock as of the keys? Help

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 14, 11 11:08 PM
suecastle wrote:I have all 4 key but I can't get them to open the gate??? The signs are diffent on the lock as of the keys? Help
Hi suecastle! You too can find your answer in the thread 13th Skull ** FAQs ** Lots of SPOILERS. Here's a copy and paste URL: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/136364.page

Good luck!

[Post New]by Buffy2654 on Jan 17, 11 8:02 PM
How do I talk to the librarian at the bar, all it will let me do is play checkers with him...

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 17, 11 8:19 PM
Buffy2654 wrote:How do I talk to the librarian at the bar, all it will let me do is play checkers with him...
Hi Buffy! Welcome to the pond!! You have to beat Vinton at a game of checkers or hit "skip" (which will count as a win) to talk to him.

[Post New]by deepo13 on Jan 19, 11 2:46 PM
I am stuck trying to get pass the snake at the swamp but the parrot will not stay in my inventory HELP! THE hint says the parrot will scare the snake so i would be able to get to the swamp.

Edited on 01/19/2011 at 2:48:01 PM PST

[Post New]by NJLadyInVT on Jan 19, 11 3:17 PM
Get the birdcage from the balcony to capture the bird and bring him to the swamp.

Vee15
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Vee15 on Jan 19, 11 8:15 PM
It says to search the graveyard for clues, which I have, but I do not have another task popping up...am I missing something, or is it a glitch? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 19, 11 10:43 PM
Vee15 wrote:It says to search the graveyard for clues, which I have, but I do not have another task popping up...am I missing something, or is it a glitch? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Hard to say exactly, Vee15, without knowing what you have already done in the graveyard. Did you check the walkthrough to see if you missed anything?

[Post New]by blaize11 on Jan 22, 11 8:04 PM
I have the birdcage and the gumbo, I can't find the parrot where is he

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 22, 11 9:53 PM
Hi blaize11! Welcome to the pond!
SPOILER:

The parrot is in the home of the guy that you deliver the gumbo to. Go to the left of the manor and past the cemetery. Good luck!

armadillogirl
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by armadillogirl on Jan 24, 11 2:52 PM
I'm having trouble trying to trim the weeds around the manor. I have garden shears. I am clicking with the clippers everywhere on the side of the manor close to the fountain and having no luck. Am I clipping in the wrong place?

Edited on 01/24/2011 at 3:03:42 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 24, 11 3:49 PM
armadillogirl wrote:I'm having trouble trying to trim the weeds around the manor. I have garden shears. I am clicking with the clippers everywhere on the side of the manor close to the fountain and having no luck. Am I clipping in the wrong place?
Hi armadillogirl! You actually want to cut the flowers, and you want to cut them from slowest growing to fastest growing, so purple, white, orange. Some folks found if they turned off the custom cursor for this game they could move a little faster. You can also hit skip if they make you too crazy.

[Post New]by MorvaMarsh on Jan 24, 11 6:15 PM
Can't seem to get that doggone coffin open. Tried the screwdriver, the hammer, and the shovel, but unless there's a really small gremlin holding it shut, I doubt the sleeping potion will help and I don't have much else in my inventory. Help?

Edited on 01/24/2011 at 6:16:43 PM PST

[Post New]by sedna2 on Jan 24, 11 6:44 PM
I've hit a snag - a big one - in the graveyard, where you have to enter the 4 dates - birth, death, fire and re-build in order to get thru. I think I have 3 of them but the fax machine (which is supposed to provide the birth date) is bare. What have I done wrong. I tried every other combination, and one assumes that Phineas must have been born in 17 something, but nothing works.

ps I can't win that beastly draughts game either

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 24, 11 7:12 PM
MorvaMarsh wrote:Can't seem to get that doggone coffin open. Tried the screwdriver, the hammer, and the shovel, but unless there's a really small gremlin holding it shut, I doubt the sleeping potion will help and I don't have much else in my inventory. Help?
Hi MorvaMarsh! Welcome to the forums! You should be able to find your answer in the thread 13th Skull ** FAQs ** Lots of SPOILERS.

Here's the relevant portion - sorry, it's the only known work around:
I’m using the HAMMER on the upside down COFFIN but it won’t open!
; with the HAMMER on the COFFIN – start over under a new player name and make sure you hammer the coffin as soon as you arrive in that scene, do not do anything else first.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 24, 11 7:21 PM
sedna2 wrote:I've hit a snag - a big one - in the graveyard, where you have to enter the 4 dates - birth, death, fire and re-build in order to get thru. I think I have 3 of them but the fax machine (which is supposed to provide the birth date) is bare. What have I done wrong. I tried every other combination, and one assumes that Phineas must have been born in 17 something, but nothing works.

ps I can't win that beastly draughts game either

Hi sedna2! Welcome to the pond! Sorry to tell you but you have to beat the guy at draughts (or checkers) to get the fax. The best tip I've seen on beating him is to keep your king line (the row closest to you) intact, don't move any of those pieces and he can't get kinged and will eventually give up. On the other hand, you can hit "skip" and it will count as a win. Good luck!

[Post New]by lorib08 on Jan 25, 11 4:46 PM
How do you get the gumbo to the guy

Go to: