bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Westward Kingdoms technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 10, 11 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 02/23/2011 at 6:12:13 PM PST

ejlloyd28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Westward Kingdoms technical issues here only

[Post New]by ejlloyd28 on Jan 10, 11 2:37 AM
I have downloaded the game and straight away it has an access violation error message similar to the one everyone experienced with Roads of Rome II. Please get this fixed- everything is up to date on my PC so there must be a glitch with the game....again!

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Jan 10, 11 7:05 AM
I have no sound on this game. I get an error during the installation saying the sound files weren't installed because my sound card is missing or needs updating. I had this same issue with the last Westward game. Never have been able to figure it out. Westward was the game that got me hooked on this site, I love these games! I've tried everything suggested to fix this and still no sound. Anyone with ideas let me know. I'd really like to play both games!

Bomber12
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Bomber12 on Jan 10, 11 12:50 PM
Clean up the kingdom quest

Put out fires
Clear 3 lots of stone rubble ???
Ive cleared the 3 rock rubbles that the red arrows told me to but its still telling me ive only cleared 2/3
Ive restarted this quest 4 times incase ive missed it but its still the same

[Post New]by cecange on Jan 10, 11 2:32 PM
I'm brand new in these forums. Help!
I downloaded the trial, played for 30 minutes, just loved it. I had to leave and I shut it off. When I came back, I decided to buy the game and when I went in, I found out the game just won't save my progress. Am I the only one who has this problem? I have erased it and downloaded again, same problem.

[Post New]by MadMother58 on Jan 10, 11 9:06 PM
I had no trouble downloading and playing the trial version but once I had purchased and installed the full version I constantly get the access violation error message every time I try to open the game. I have ensured that DirectX is up to date but I have no say over my McAfee virus software (system maintained). I have uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled multiple times without success. I also have all other Westward games and have no difficulty playing them or any other game I have previously purchased. HELP!!!

[Post New]by TinyBob on Jan 11, 11 5:12 AM
I can't get the game to stay on the screen for more than a couple of seconds. It loaded ok. It goes back to being a tab at the bottom of the screen, which I click again, and it comes up for a few seconds and then goes again. I repeated this process then the screen went completely black and I had to shut it down Ctrl Alt Delete.

Mettefreja
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Mettefreja on Jan 11, 11 5:52 AM
Tried the one-hour version, but it messes with my screen resolution. I ran it in windowed mode, but it changed my overall screenresolution to 640x(can't remember the second number) after hibernation, eventhough the game was shut down before the computer went into hibernation.

This happened twice, so I have now removed the game all together..

spyral
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by spyral on Jan 11, 11 6:06 AM
I too am having sound problems, when I start up the game the sound is fine but after playing a few seconds it disappears!

[Post New]by Ulkieab on Jan 11, 11 10:11 AM

joy! I'm trying to continue or load my last spot of the game and it's crashing. Doing a Microsoft C++ error or something? I'm going to restart the computer and try again later.

Edited on 01/11/2011 at 4:58:47 PM PST

ejlloyd28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ejlloyd28 on Jan 11, 11 11:49 AM
is anyone going to do anything aboiut these tech issues at all? You've had 24 hours and no post from Big Fish.....hello????? I have managed to play the game once and now it wont load at all and access error violation messages keep coming up- I've bought it and this is the second game in a row I've bought that doesn't work straight away. Getting really peed off!!

[Post New]by Shrimp_n_Grits on Jan 11, 11 12:23 PM
My PC crashed when I tried to play the game. Uninstalled/reinstalled with no success, so I deleted it.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 11, 11 12:30 PM
Hi everyone,

Based on some of the issues I'm seeing, I wanted to include some help articles that may come in handy:

Access Violation

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Save Errors

Screen Resolution

If you continue to have any trouble with Westward Kingdoms after checking out our Help pages or if you have any specific questions, please be sure to contact our technical support team for further assistance.

They can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

kyliem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kyliem on Jan 11, 11 1:41 PM
Bomber12 wrote:Clean up the kingdom quest

Put out fires
Ive cleared the 3 rock rubbles that the red arrows told me to but its still telling me ive only cleared 2/3

Grrr - am having the same problems - have completed the tasks but the game will not recognise that I have completed them - a little over having to restart all the time or having to save after every little task - ruining my enjoyment of the game

Please have the tech updates/patches ready soon!

[Post New]by Sweetpea999 on Jan 11, 11 1:54 PM

Put out fires

I've got the same problem; the game will not recognize that I've cleared the rubble. I just sent a message to bigfish technical support about this.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jan 11, 11 2:24 PM
I appear to have a very serious glitch. To recover the drawbridge scrolls you have to have a scholar to open the treasure chests. Which I did. There is supposed to be a chest on the raised hill according to all the walkthroughs for this game with the venus fly trap you have to kill. Killed it, mined the stone and there is no chest. So I can't get the scrolls. There is 0 chest left on my map other than one I can't get too because I can't build a stone bridge. And I won't be able to build a stone bridge because I can't get to the second kingdom. Not going to go back and play it all again for a glitch that someone should have caught and fixed...

[Post New]by Blackrose1973 on Jan 11, 11 4:50 PM

Put out fires

I am having the exact same issue. Will e-mail tech support too.

[Post New]by Ulkieab on Jan 11, 11 4:59 PM
Ulkieab wrote:
joy! I'm trying to continue or load my last spot of the game and it's crashing. Doing a Microsoft C++ error or something? I'm going to restart the computer and try again later.

It's Mircosoft Visual C+++. So I updated my video driver and uninstalled and installed. Now it just shuts down without giving me that error like it did before. I am so not happy. I like this game but I am not going to restart the darn game!

[Post New]by TWEET15086 on Jan 11, 11 5:16 PM
HI, I'm having some of the same problems as other people I have done several things that the game wil not acknowledge that I have done. One example is build stone quarry in southern quarry I even built two of them and have used all the stone in the ditch and cannot get the game to give me credit for it. Please help. I'm like 6 hours into the game and cannot move on now!!

pezuli
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by pezuli on Jan 11, 11 7:04 PM
Quest Issues!

The game is pretty neat! I like it alot , and played through my trial without saving.

Once I played through my trial, I started a new game without the tutorial.... but one of the quests (clear the stones from the road so the merchant can sell his sunflower mead) wouldn't complete.

It wasn't terribly urgent, so I kept playing, but tried from the start again but this time the stone-clearing quest wouldn't complete and the kind went into his castle and wouldn't come out again after the fires were put out and all the debris and his belongings picked up!

Help please?

Go to: