bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Mahjong Towers Eternity™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 10, 11 12:28 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 10/13/2017 at 1:16:57 PM PST

Re:Post any Mahjong Towers Eternity™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by vmgjazz on Jan 21, 11 7:33 AM
I'm sick of trying to get this game to run properly. Big Fish should give everyone that purchased this game, a new one for free. I have checked help and re-downloaded it several times. It works a couple of times, then the error messages start popping up! My computer is only 6 months old and I have no other problems, so it's not us --- it's you! Money down the drain and time wasted

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 23, 11 2:18 AM
Hi Vmgjazz

Tried this link?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/135461.page

[Post New]by MATHEA8 on Mar 14, 11 10:15 PM
i am also sick and tired of having mahjong tower eternity to work,have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but when i open the game get the same error message.
have contacted bigfish games but get no reply for help
also i asked if i could install a new game, they tell me you already have paid for the game, reinstall it.BUT IS DOES,NT WORK
Love the game so if anyone can help PLEASE
my pc is an apple and is brand new

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Mar 26, 11 6:20 AM
MATHEA8 wrote:i am also sick and tired of having mahjong tower eternity to work,have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but when i open the game get the same error message.
have contacted bigfish games but get no reply for help
also i asked if i could install a new game, they tell me you already have paid for the game, reinstall it.BUT IS DOES,NT WORK
Love the game so if anyone can help PLEASE
my pc is an apple and is brand new

By Apple you mean Mac??

Before uninstalling - save yr player folder if yv created a player already - this link -

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/42627.page

After uninstalling the game you need to do an advanced search of yr puter for ALL files & folders for Mahjong Towers Eternity & delete them - this includes all hidden files & folders - then do a registry clean up & a disk clean up - then reboot -

uninstalling is not enough as file fragments remain behind on yr puter & when you re install it picks these up - yr puter needs to be clean of all files before re installing

After reinsatalling - go to the player folder (the link above) delete the one in the re install & copy & paste a copy of yr back up player (yr already created player) in its place - when you open yr game yr player will be there ready to go

Create a new back up of yr player folder as soon as you exit the game EVERYTIME you exit the game - you cant get any more backed up than that & you always have the latest played back up to put back in if required

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 6:30:44 AM PST

[Post New]by joanps on Apr 14, 11 11:29 PM
I need an upgrade or update on this game please & Thank You for your help.Joan

[Post New]by maralyn3 on Apr 17, 11 8:13 AM
You recently sent me info on reinstalling MTE. Please send it again. Thanks
Maralyn3 Sea Anemone

paribanou
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by paribanou on May 17, 11 9:17 AM
MTE has completely disappeared from the online games , not happy since 4 days ago. Please fix sometrhing on the site for faithful former members of the club

[Post New]by LIZAHARRIS2006 on May 20, 11 8:05 PM
paribanou wrote:MTE has completely disappeared from the online games , not happy since 4 days ago. Please fix sometrhing on the site for faithful former members of the club
Yea it was their 1 min the next min it was gone, no worning ,thats so wrong ,its like taking drugs from a addict, I also sent a messesage but nothing 1 wk ,

[Post New]by LIZAHARRIS2006 on May 20, 11 8:05 PM
paribanou wrote:MTE has completely disappeared from the online games , not happy since 4 days ago. Please fix sometrhing on the site for faithful former members of the club
Yea it was their 1 min the next min it was gone, no worning ,thats so wrong ,its like taking drugs from a addict, I also sent a messesage but nothing 1 wk ,

[Post New]by LIZAHARRIS2006 on May 20, 11 8:06 PM

[Post New]by Drachenfuer on May 31, 11 12:27 PM
I went to download a few new games today and the entire thing patched. When I went to play Majong, which I have been playing just fine for a couple of months, it asked me to sign in. I looked and it appeared I had no players started in the game. Frustrating enough thinking I had to start to scratch again, but when I go to put in a new player, it says a player with that name exists. So I am still in the community but not showing up on my own game in my own computer. help please. I really don;t want to start over again or go under qa different name.

[Post New]by Drachenfuer on May 31, 11 7:08 PM
Please ignore previous post. I logged on today and everything was fine. I realized I never restarted my computer after the patch as I should have. My bad!

[Post New]by pf11_99 on Jun 29, 11 6:52 PM
Is there a Patch that will fix MTE ?? Please let me know where it is. I am using Windows Vista....mine quit months ago....kept getting error messages

evaree
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by evaree on Jun 30, 11 10:52 PM
After months of playing this game to build up my score I find this morning that all has been erased and I am back to square one.....so very frustrating. What happened?

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jul 12, 11 3:17 AM
evaree wrote:After months of playing this game to build up my score I find this morning that all has been erased and I am back to square one.....so very frustrating. What happened?

This can happen to anyone at anytime

Learn how to backup yr player folder & do so everytime you exit the game - you can then copy it back into the game when this sort of thing happens & continue where you left off

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/42627.page

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by BP532 on Aug 24, 11 1:27 AM
Years and years I have been playing this game. All of a sudden, the file is corrupt! Anyone else?

[Post New]by Wanderen on Nov 17, 11 3:16 PM
Hullo to the other players in the pond,

Just downloaded and reinstalled the game. It seems to work fine except that:

A) it still does not save any newly downloaded layouts upon exiting the game.

B ) how do you save your player stats? Why isn't there a more visible way to do this in game?

C) I don't mind having to start over since the game was reinstalled but it's kind of annoying, that apparently my old player profile still exists. Is there a way to remove it?

D) Update: Nevermind. I figured out how to adjust the screen resolution so that I can finally create my own tile set. Thanks to Big Fish for having the instructions for that!

E) And please may I know, if I DO ever figure out how to create my own tile sets then will I be able to share those with other players as well?

Thanks in advance for any relevant replies. I do enjoy the game - the basic game works very well - it's the features that aren't quite living up to their promised potential.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 3:24:24 PM PST

[Post New]by woofermom on Feb 6, 12 7:39 PM
I lost this game when my computer hard drive crashed. I reinstalled it on my new computer, but now I can't get the game to go full screen! Any ideas?

Thanks for the link to learn how to back my games up--then I won't lose everything next time -- and there WILL be a next time, I just know it!

Brenchin
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Brenchin on May 27, 12 6:55 PM
I've been playing on iPad on and off since Mother's day (thanks for the freebie!). I'm on the second level and the game doesn't tell me when there are no more moves and I need to shuffle. I've stared at a layout for an hour looking for a match that apparently didn't exist. I've tried fooling with the setting for shuffle, but no change. What's going on?

Go to: