sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Robot city 2nd bathroom scene 'occupied' !

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jan 10, 11 12:13 PM
I'm running the game on Windows 7. Usually I do not have compatibility issues and I'm not sure if this is one but I seem to be stuck.

I've checked the walkthrogh and discovered I've done everything correctly but cannot get the 2nd bathroom scene in Robot City section to open and let me get the rubber gloves so that I can proceed. I played the bathroom scene out of order in that I did not play the first scene until after I had fixed the generator. Also, when I played the first scene I'm not sure that I opened the top cupboard---only recall opening the bottom two [and closing them]. Retrieved and used the screwdriver but have otherwise been unable to progress.

It feels like a glitch in the game, perhaps caused by playing the bathroom scene 'out of order'? Any remedies?

Sheila

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Robot city 2nd bathroom scene 'occupied' !

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 10, 11 12:14 PM
Occupied means that you haven't finished with things you're already carrying.
What's in your inventory? What's still listed to do in your diary?

bandtmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by bandtmom on Jan 10, 11 2:16 PM
I have the same problem. I've done everything in the walkthrough (in fact, did them before the walkthrough) but I still can't go any farther.

I have a robot head, a car key, and a CD in my inventory (other keys are in the door)

My diary tells me I have an interesting code and to find 3 unusual keys.

Guess I'm gonna have to start over if I can't figure this out.

pussgato
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by pussgato on Jan 10, 11 2:36 PM
I echo bandtmom. I have exactly the same items in inventory. I only consulted the Walkthrough after going back and forth to see if I'd missed a **** scene (had not). I have done everything that the Walkthrough says - but not necessarily in the Walkthrough order. I REALLY do not want to start over - it takes all the fun out of the game.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 10, 11 2:48 PM
How many other keys are in the door, bandtmom?

bandtmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by bandtmom on Jan 10, 11 2:55 PM
Two keys are in the door.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 10, 11 2:57 PM
Ok. That means you need to fix the conveyor belt. Can you get to that room yet?

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jan 10, 11 3:58 PM
I echo everything said by bandmom and the others---same scenario and cannot get into the conveyor room, even with cheating and putting in the 'date' after reading ahead on the walkthrough. That allowed me to get a coin from the cafe [but not from the back of the bus] so I tried to buy my health permit--didn't work.

I too did not consult the walkthrough until I hit this problem with the 2nd bathroom scene, and had exactly the same things in inventory and the same two keys in the door [1 and 3].

I don't want to start over either [and won't]---too far in and scenery is too 'grim' to put myself through it just to get here all over again.

Hope there's a fix for this. I rarely ever need the walkthroughs on these games and can usually figure things out. It seems as though the game needed us to proceed in a fixed order and we somehow jumped ahead [waited to do the 1st bathroom scene is my take on it for me] and now are 'locked' out of the 2nd bathroom scene. Unless I'm unable to do the 2nd bathroom scene because I didn't open and close the upper cupboard--that's the only other thing [from the walkthrough] with which I recall differing.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 10, 11 9:43 PM
Make sure you have first clicked on the robot at the computers, then tried to put on his head..... this is what triggers the bathroom for the second time.

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jan 11, 11 9:00 AM
Thanks for the suggestion re: clicking on robot and trying to put on his head, but I've tried that numerous times. I've decided to uninstall and reinstall game as a last resort before asking for a refund.

Sigh....

This has been the best offering out since the last CE and this week looks like slim pickin's for me so I'm quite disappointed. It's bitterly cold here in Calgary and these games really help to manage chronic pain issues, but not when they become painful themselves....

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 11, 11 9:05 AM
I can't get into the conveyor room

This is a multistep process. The number you've found goes into the computer which gives you the date to put on the door.
You have to find the coal to get the computer going.

Where did you get up to?

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jan 12, 11 6:26 AM
The number I entered [from the walkthrough] was the date necessary to get the health certificate.

I got to the store with the correct time set and tried to give the coin that I'd collected at the cafe [rather than one from the scene at the back of the bus, which didn't open for me when I couldn't get into the bathroom for the gloves and complete the robot head thingy].

The roboshop operator would not accept the coin, plus no certificate was waiting.

I did an uninstall, reboot of PC and reinstall of game, but no change.

Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate playing 'in community'.

I'm almost tempted to start over, but scared that it's not that I did things out of order and even doing every step over I'd still find myself with an occupied bathroom.

Should I give up and contact BigFish for a return? Sad....

Edited on 01/12/2011 at 6:47:41 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 12, 11 7:08 AM
You only pay the robot shopkeeper for oil.
There is no physical certificate.

290480 is entered into the left-hand keyboard in the computer room when the computers are powered up by coal. This gives you the date to enter into the certificate on the door to open it.

I suggest that you try looking in the shed where you got the shovel (next to mother robot). I think the hog for the coal is there.

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jan 12, 11 7:58 AM
Mr. Russ, I'm appreciating your input, but I think somehow I've confused you. Please go back over this thread and read all of my posts here to get clearer on what I'm struggling with; I do know, for instance, about the 290480 number---but you cannot enter that number without first putting the head on the robot and you need the rubber gloves to do that, and remember---I cannot get them as the bathroom is occupied in my case!

I cannot even enter into the shed to look for coal until I complete the blinkin' bathroom scene!

And, if you look at prpldva's walkthrough, you'll see that in fact you do pay with coin for the health certificate, which is what I was referring to [though it is 'digitally encoded' rather than a paper certificate].

...I am frustrated...

Edited on 01/12/2011 at 8:14:15 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 12, 11 12:26 PM
I am going to have to play this again.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 13, 11 1:07 PM
Ok, Sheila. This is going to come down to something tiny.

I got everything out of the lockers and did the bathroom hog first time through.
I went into the main room and looked at the conveyor belt door, put the third key into the door at the back, then used the screwdriver on the front of the fish.

I then went into the computer room and tried to put the head on the robot, whereupon I got the message about the rubber gloves.

I went back to the locker room and the bathroom was open (and I got the hog and the gloves).

My suspicion is that the screwdriver on the fish is the trigger.

bandtmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by bandtmom on Jan 15, 11 8:08 AM
My first time through ( when I was stuck), I had use the screwdriver on the fish.

I still think it was a glitch because when I started over, everything went off without a hitch

[Post New]by LadyPinkFel on Nov 14, 12 7:19 PM
I also occur the same thing
the bathroom is occupied and i can't do anything

there's sparkle though in the fish room
the sparkle show at the head of the fish and also the announcement, but i can't do anything with both of these things

Go to: