cmcating
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

New version

[Post New]by cmcating on Jan 10, 11 6:16 PM
I have been playng BVS solitare for years and love it. I just got a new computer so I had to reinstall it. Someone has "improved" it. It wasn't broken!

I have a wide screen monitor - which I had with my old computer - but in this new version the game is the full wideth of th ecomputer. This is fine for some games, but is way too spread out for others. I can't find an option in the game, on my computer or on my monitor to fix this.

They've also dropped some options about the deck of cards, but I can live with that.

Help!

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Re:New version

[Post New]by ajuma on Jan 16, 11 11:32 PM
Don't know if this will help, but in the game options menu, go to "miscellaneous" and you can choose "spread cards" or "center cards".

Hope it helps!

ETA: Oh, it one of the other game option tabs I remember seeing where you can set the card size....small, medium or large. Not sure if this will help or not either since the game plays fine on my wide screen.

Good luck!

Edited on 01/16/2011 at 11:33:56 PM PST

New version

[Post New]by FLOUNDERing on Jan 16, 14 4:26 AM
cmcating wrote:I have been playng BVS solitare for years and love it. I just got a new computer so I had to reinstall it. Someone has "improved" it. It wasn't broken!

I have a wide screen monitor - which I had with my old computer - but in this new version the game is the full wideth of th ecomputer. This is fine for some games, but is way too spread out for others. I can't find an option in the game, on my computer or on my monitor to fix this.

They've also dropped some options about the deck of cards, but I can live with that.

Help!

I am also having trouble here. I just uninstalled and reinstalled because for some reason my stats that were in the lower left corner of the screen (# of deals left, etc) disappeared and I couldn't get them back. After the reinstall, I couldn't make it look like the game I had originally bough. The green glass background is no longer there, and the response time for the cards is sluggish. Is there any way to get the old version back?

Edited on 01/16/2014 at 4:29:08 AM PST

[Post New]by bvssolitaire on Jan 28, 14 1:51 PM
1. You can get your old green glass background by selecting Glass|Glass 2 backgrounds at Backgrounds tab of Options dialog.

2.To make the new version look like the old one please use Card Sets Tab of Options dialog and select <Default> card set in "Fixed Card Size" section.

3. If you do not like the cards spreading out on your screen you can use the "Center layout " option on the last tab of Options dialog.

Hope it helps.

Edited on 01/28/2014 at 1:52:28 PM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Apr 6, 14 8:12 PM
I'm also having trouble with the new version. I've been playing Double Topsy Turvy Queens for years without problems. Now, when a Queen (last card as the build is K-Q) is placed on the second to last column, no card is uncovered, so it's impossible to win the game. As per the rules, once a queen is placed to finish a column, it's impossible to undo it. With the new version, after the 2nd to last queen is placed, it IS possible to undo, so something is obviously wrong.

Please let me know when this is fixed as this is my all-time favorite solitaire game!! Thank you.

[Post New]by bvssolitaire on Apr 9, 14 7:45 AM
Does anybody else have this problem? I'm unable to reproduce it.

I'm a little bit puzzled.you used for years. There was no Double Topsy Turvy Queens in previous version of BigFishGames Edition of BVS Solitaire Collection. There was only regular Topsy Turvy Queens in it.

> is placed on the second to last column, no card is uncovered,
What exactly do you mean? There is no locked card under the last 16-th King. But when you finish the 15th (or any previous) King-Queen sequence the locked card under it appears on top without any problems. I have just checked it and it works so I can not reproduce your report. By the way, what column are you talking about? Are you talking about foundation pile or about tableau column?

And I was also unable to reproduce your report about being able to undo the Queen move.

Go to: